A quick question about an upcomming VN

Mescalino

Aug 20, 2017
Ok this is the thing. I am creating a VN and storywise its progressing smoothly.

Due to fact that i have an AMD R9 280 card i had to use the 3Delight engine. Today i finaly made the decision and orderd a new graphics card. (GTX 1070) so a big upgrade.

This means i have to (want to) redo all my renders (about 160 so far) but am questioning the resolution.
For the current ones i used 1280x720 You guys thing this is good or should i go bigger to maybe 1920x1080 (This will also depend a bit on the render time of course) But what do you guys like most.

lunamm

May 31, 2017
Maybe you should check what resolution other popular renpy games (dmd, dod etc) have.

Aug 13, 2016
I prefer higher resolution, but I'm not sure about what your community will in general. I don't mind waiting more for an update, or I don't have any problems with my download speed (when it comes to bigger file sizes), but you will probably see ppl on your patreon page or here complaining about "how long it takes for only one update", or saying "he is only at 0.3 and it's already 700 mb" for example. So, I would say go 1920, but I guess 1280 will also be totally fine.

Patan

May 28, 2017
i would go for 1080p since i like to play my games in fullscreen mode.

Mescalino

Aug 20, 2017
Well i did notice that the "big ones" like DMD DOD etc use 720p but i will see what my new graphics card does timewise. Normaly i wouldn´t mind waiting 8 hours for a special render but when your doing a VN and have a fulltime job renders per hour is an issue. So if i want to be able to do stable periodic updates i need to be able to push the renders per hour to a max and not comprimizing quality. I have seen to many grainy renders. Also its a VISUAL novel so i want to visuals the be good.