vimey

Nov 29, 2020
Yeah that's part of the problem of what I was saying, whatever starts the Gaby stuff never happened, the mom just spends all day lounging around in her underwear... unless it's a days spent thing and I should just fast-forward through a bunch of days...
try to charm them from the cheat menu
maybe you didn't learn hypnosis or you didn't ask about gabby necklace

longjohngold

Jan 22, 2020
try to charm them from the cheat menu
maybe you didn't learn hypnosis or you didn't ask about gabby necklace
Yeah I guess I could try to fix it in the cheat menu ... I've definitely not asked Gaby about her necklace, because, as I said, she's nowhere to be found in my game.

cmacleod42

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Aug 29, 2017
Hi, I have a problem translating a game page that I cannot translate
I am using Google Chrome
I used to translate it earlier
Please assistant
ASFA_14.10.3
Sorry I am not sure what you are asking about here. Are you trying to translate the game. Most of the test is embedded in the javascript code in the game

Yeah that's part of the problem of what I was saying, whatever starts the Gaby stuff never happened, the mom just spends all day lounging around in her underwear... unless it's a days spent thing and I should just fast-forward through a bunch of days...
Passage of time does not help, EXCEPT she only leaves on some days, not on weekends.

Otherwise this means there is a dependency on other events. Try and go and do something else for a bit. At least make sure Legion is defeated

Worst case use the cheat menu, select View People, locate Mom and select the option that she is ready to leave to work and then visit her not on a weekend

longjohngold

Jan 22, 2020
Otherwise this means there is a dependency on other events. Try and go and do something else for a bit. At least make sure Legion is defeated
Alrighty I'll give it another whirl later, thanks, Legion is definitely a gonner though.

**Edit:** Didn't seem to do anything... I ran around for quite a while, meeting ghosts, randomly finding Anita in the general store, bumping into anew asian girl at the aquarium, getting the hotel girl's mother... but the MCs mother never leaves her bedroom regardless of day or time.

Last edited:

cmacleod42

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Aug 29, 2017
Alrighty I'll give it another whirl later, thanks, Legion is definitely a gonner though.

**Edit:** Didn't seem to do anything... I ran around for quite a while, meeting ghosts, randomly finding Anita in the general store, bumping into anew asian girl at the aquarium, getting the hotel girl's mother... but the MCs mother never leaves her bedroom regardless of day or time.
You must of hit a bug somewhere here and a flag was not set

Just to check, is Tracy charmed? This is required for Mom's events to proceed. You had mentioned about her being at the Robbins home. Talk to Tina to free her and return home if she is

If she is then just use the cheat menu as a noted, it will allow her events to proceed and allow you to get all her events and Gabby's

Reactions: longjohngold

longjohngold

Jan 22, 2020
You must of hit a bug somewhere here and a flag was not set

Just to check, is Tracy charmed? This is required for Mom's events to proceed. You had mentioned about her being at the Robbins home. Talk to Tina to free her and return home if she is

If she is then just use the cheat menu as a noted, it will allow her events to proceed and allow you to get all her events and Gabby's
No that was it... as I mentioned in my original post I'd not managed to get the sister either ... I'd tried talking to Tina (and the mother and everything I could think of in that house) and hadn't seen anything out of the ordinary... but after I read your post I looked at it more, and it turns out I needed to tell her to follow me, then without actually going anywhere use the talk to her option on the right-hand side under her portrait, theeeen it says you can set Tracy free ... phew... hopefully this'll open up what I'm missing in the other paths.

Thanks for the help.

Hancock

Jul 24, 2018
I could translate the game page before and it was working fine
But I can now that the translation option does not appear on the game page. Only the rest of the pages appear to translate well
Can you try to translate a game page into another language?
I don't know if the problem is only with me or not

cmacleod42

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Aug 29, 2017
I could translate the game page before and it was working fine
But I can now that the translation option does not appear on the game page. Only the rest of the pages appear to translate well
Can you try to translate a game page into another language?
I don't know if the problem is only with me or not
Which page do you mean, the index.html page where you start the game. Or pages while the game is playing

longjohngold

Jan 22, 2020
Alright 2 more questions.

Is there a hidden requirement to get augmented hypno? Now I've done the Gabby stuff I thought I'd be able to unlock it when deciphering passages from the book, as I'd already gotten the book about hypno and spoken to Beasley... but it's not there (I even tried cheating experience to buy the other options that were there that I'd not bothered with like the wealth upgrade incase that was somehow a prerequisite, but nope) ... going back to see Beasley (who is admittedly now a woman) doesn't do anything, nor does rereading the book help at all ... I thought maybe I'd learnt it before and forget but I can't charm mother superior yet (despite repossessing her after freeing leane and making her a hornball).

Also is there a cheat to re-close the bank ... I previously had closed it, freed ellie from the charm, but then she runs off (which doesn't seem realistic as all I had to do was say 2 words before she gets out of earshot)... but I couldn't find her at home so figured I'd reopen the bank and get her there now she was uncharmed ... but she reappeared charmed (which seems off given Davy is tied up in a cellar)... and now looking at a walkthrough it says I had to go to Kristen's house which I hadn't thought of at the time as she's just her boss and closing the bank was a one-time deal.

I know I could use cheats to charm the above but then I'd miss out on the scene where you take them under your power so want to get the augmented hypno and close the bank if at all possible.

cmacleod42

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Aug 29, 2017
Alright 2 more questions.

Is there a hidden requirement to get augmented hypno? Now I've done the Gabby stuff I thought I'd be able to unlock it when deciphering passages from the book, as I'd already gotten the book about hypno and spoken to Beasley... but it's not there (I even tried cheating experience to buy the other options that were there that I'd not bothered with like the wealth upgrade incase that was somehow a prerequisite, but nope) ... going back to see Beasley (who is admittedly now a woman) doesn't do anything, nor does rereading the book help at all ... I thought maybe I'd learnt it before and forget but I can't charm mother superior yet (despite repossessing her after freeing leane and making her a hornball).
You just need to have been offered by Mr Beasley to learn it. This happens after the scene with Amy and Catherine after you lose the Book once
You also need sufficient experience to learn it

Take care with Mother Superior, you are only allowed one try after the second re-possession. You get a warning with a scene showing a spiral staircase. If you had continued then you cannot charm her ever. Otherwise you need the augmented hypnosis

Also the notes in your phone will list if you know the ability

Also is there a cheat to re-close the bank ... I previously had closed it, freed ellie from the charm, but then she runs off (which doesn't seem realistic as all I had to do was say 2 words before she gets out of earshot)... but I couldn't find her at home so figured I'd reopen the bank and get her there now she was uncharmed ... but she reappeared charmed (which seems off given Davy is tied up in a cellar)... and now looking at a walkthrough it says I had to go to Kristen's house which I hadn't thought of at the time as she's just her boss and closing the bank was a one-time deal.

I know I could use cheats to charm the above but then I'd miss out on the scene where you take them under your power so want to get the augmented hypno and close the bank if at all possible.
Kristin and Ellie are neighbours and family friends

She should not of been recharmed if Davy was defeated, that is a bug I will fix

Using the cheat menu reset to 0 flags 9 and 10 to enable the bank to be closed again

longjohngold

Jan 22, 2020
You just need to have been offered by Mr Beasley to learn it. This happens after the scene with Amy and Catherine after you lose the Book once
You also need sufficient experience to learn it

Take care with Mother Superior, you are only allowed one try after the second re-possession. You get a warning with a scene showing a spiral staircase. If you had continued then you cannot charm her ever. Otherwise you need the augmented hypnosis

Also the notes in your phone will list if you know the ability

Kristin and Ellie are neighbours and family friends

She should not of been recharmed if Davy was defeated, that is a bug I will fix

Using the cheat menu reset to 0 flags 9 and 10 to enable the bank to be closed again
Thanks for the replies, seems I have augmented hypnosis (though I really don't remember spending points on it), but yeah I would have had a peek into her room to see what was up with her, so would have to cheat to charm her now sadly, unless there's a way to cheat to reset it.

How exactly should I reset flags 9 and 10 ... under the toggle flag box (in people when viewing my character) I put in '9' then pressed toggle flag, then put in '10' and pressed toggle flag... and I did see some numbers moving around (but it wasn't the 9th and 10th digit along) ... I still don't have a close the bank option when speaking to Kristen though, but presume that's because I'm just messing up how to do it.

Though I think I've done most of the stuff, and it was a good ride, maybe I should just save it for a fresh playthrough whenever the game is finished and stick to a walkthrough (and maybe try a different route), but I do think that ruins the fun of exploring and would say things would be better if you'd not get locked out of things, unless you'd actively chosen between 2 things.

cmacleod42

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Aug 29, 2017
How exactly should I reset flags 9 and 10 ... under the toggle flag box (in people when viewing my character) I put in '9' then pressed toggle flag, then put in '10' and pressed toggle flag... and I did see some numbers moving around (but it wasn't the 9th and 10th digit along) ... I still don't have a close the bank option when speaking to Kristen though, but presume that's because I'm just messing up how to do it.
In the cheat menu, select View People, select Kristin, check the list of flags. The rightmost 1 or 0 is flag 1 then the next is flag 2 etc (yes I know this is inconsistent with normal usage, but it is a legacy thing)

So as you did type 9, click toggle, click 10, click toggle. Both flags must end as 0

longjohngold

Jan 22, 2020
In the cheat menu, select View People, select Kristin, check the list of flags. The rightmost 1 or 0 is flag 1 then the next is flag 2 etc (yes I know this is inconsistent with normal usage, but it is a legacy thing)

So as you did type 9, click toggle, click 10, click toggle. Both flags must end as 0
Oh that's where I was going wrong then doing it on the MC's page rather than Kristens ... it worked in closing the bank, but then I had to manually move Ellie to Kristen's house (and Kristen too once I wanted to reopen it, haha)... seems to have worked fine now though, and opened up some other stuff like a meeting at the townhall and getting her mother.

Is there a flag I can change on Daria (that seems to be mother superior) to get to have a stab at charming her?

Screening

Oct 26, 2019
Can I say, ASFA is one of my favorite games. When you add the MOD on top it just becomes AWESOME. Another level completely! My question is: Can we expect an update to the mod as well at some point? Anyway to 'encourage' that update?

Red88

Jan 18, 2021
Which page do you mean, the index.html page where you start the game. Or pages while the game is playing
It's like translating any web page, lately I'm also not able to translate the game's page in chrome, but it's not a game problem, because it's happening with all the html games I tested, maybe it's due to Chrome's current update! A feather!

SpecialKat

May 5, 2020
It's like translating any web page, lately I'm also not able to translate the game's page in chrome, but it's not a game problem, because it's happening with all the html games I tested, maybe it's due to Chrome's current update! A feather!
There's always other Chromium-based browsers
* Microsoft Edge (not the legacy one)
* Brave
* Opera (owned by a Chinese company)
* Vivaldi

Sep 8, 2017
Been having HUGE problems with events not triggering in this version of the game. I've had to cheat multiple times to 'induce' triggering of events. Can't figure out how to do that with the Vampyre, though. I've defeated Kurndorf, defeated Davy, freed Jessica and defeated the demon, been to the Gates' mansion many times, but the bit with Sarah being afraid of the vampyre just won't happen.

Also, the Dragon Gem has been sitting on the floor of Hannah's Mechanic shop for weeks, and I can't figure out how to pick it up. Hannah's probably using it for a space heater by now. This is what's so frustrating about this game- ' You must do X and Y before you can do Z'. But with the Dragon Gem: Tongs? Oven Mitts? A pair of pliers, located on a workbench all of 3 feet from where the Dragon Gem sits on the floor in the Mechanic's shop? The MC can't think of any of this shit? Of course not, because that's not how the game works.

Anyway, apologies to the developer. I really do love this game, that's why I'm still playing it, despite these frustrations.

I'm trying to save Leann now but the current version of the Walkthrough makes no mention of the Ritual of Return, let alone how to set that up. ( I got the term 'ritual of return' from reading someone's post, on this site, not the walkthrough) I remember from previous versions of the game that the Vampyre is needed to save Leann, but, well, read the above. I'm stuck. Helllllllllllllllllllpppppppp!

Deepsea

Apr 20, 2017
I don't know why you haven't at least read the walkthrough that comes with the game or I dunno, use the search bar. Like 10 seconds it would take me to find the relevant action.

4.30 star(s) 60 Votes