cmacleod42

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Aug 29, 2017
The patch note says that version 14.12 focused on improvement for mods.
Is there some modding scene (like a discord or another topic) where people have put mods already?
There are no 3rd party mods available, there are two included in the game (Severn Valley and Ava as Monique)

There is a version of the Bologna mod in development to use this system so it is an actual mod of the base game. A Work in progress has been posted at the Hypnopics Collective but it is a fairly superficial mod so far and a the more difficult character replacements are not yet done

Reactions: horribleaura

tile_kar

May 26, 2022
I almost at the end but I can't charm elian because there is no dream. Perhaps because I still on 14.12?

Last edited:

dragoduval

Mar 21, 2017
Nothing like this has been reported. How are you playing the game, what browser or is it the Android apk?

I had a vaguely similar issue once where someone tried ONLY using the update. The updates/fixes are not complete games and have to be applied to an existing game installation
I just deleted the whole thing and redownloaded it and it work now, so i have no idea what happened. Thanks alot :D

cmacleod42

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Aug 29, 2017
I found a bug by accident, I accidentally set a video/gif from the sms screen as a phone background and my phone was not closable afterwards, it's repeatable with any gif from the sms section. I'm on 14.12b by the way.
I cannot reproduce this, I tried some of the images from Emily and some of the images of Kate and all work fine.

This may relate to selected scenarios/mods or something else. There was a bug where the image loading could go in an infinite loop but was fixed. I am fairly sure this was in the linked version of 14.12b. Note the one in the first post is an older one with bugs. I updated the post linked and it is the correct version.

If you are not using the linked one (NOT the one in the first post) please apply and check again. If you are please export your save or save to file and post for me to check (and let me know one image you last got the problem for)

wikke

Mar 15, 2018
I cannot reproduce this, I tried some of the images from Emily and some of the images of Kate and all work fine.

This may relate to selected scenarios/mods or something else. There was a bug where the image loading could go in an infinite loop but was fixed. I am fairly sure this was in the linked version of 14.12b. Note the one in the first post is an older one with bugs. I updated the post linked and it is the correct version.

If you are not using the linked one (NOT the one in the first post) please apply and check again. If you are please export your save or save to file and post for me to check (and let me know one image you last got the problem for)
I had previously installed the 14.12b update from your post, but I installed it from the mega option, so I went with the g drive this time incase it could be an issue with the mega upload, no change. I'll post my exported save below:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

hngg

Compress All The Things!
Modder
Donor
Compressor
May 26, 2019
I had previously installed the 14.12b update from your post, but I installed it from the mega option, so I went with the g drive this time incase it could be an issue with the mega upload, no change. I'll post my exported save below:

I can confirm, I was able to reproduce the issue with Chromium/Blink based browsers. Firefox and its children do not suffer from this.

Setting a gif/webp as the phone background completely breaks the phone on most browsers.

cmacleod42

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Aug 29, 2017
I can confirm, I was able to reproduce the issue with Chromium/Blink based browsers. Firefox and its children do not suffer from this.
Setting a gif/webp as the phone background completely breaks the phone on most browsers.
Thanks, reproduced and fixed

Wrathe

Mar 18, 2018
Some issues I've seen are that the teacher lounge doesn't seem to be enterable in the 14.12b version at some point. Swapping the javascript version with the one you've had linked in here somewhere makes it work again (Starts showing 14.12c in the menu, some other stuff breaks like Nina images).

However by doing so I can no longer take the side entrance from Pamela at the church which works in the 14.12b version again. So that might be broken in 14.12c?

wikke

Mar 15, 2018
Found another bug, when you use transform on your charmed mother, and alter her figure, it alters louise instead. On 14.12b, playing on chrome, and on the murder path.

cmacleod42

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Aug 29, 2017
Some issues I've seen are that the teacher lounge doesn't seem to be enterable in the 14.12b version at some point. Swapping the javascript version with the one you've had linked in here somewhere makes it work again (Starts showing 14.12c in the menu, some other stuff breaks like Nina images).

However by doing so I can no longer take the side entrance from Pamela at the church which works in the 14.12b version again. So that might be broken in 14.12c?
Found another bug, when you use transform on your charmed mother, and alter her figure, it alters louise instead. On 14.12b, playing on chrome, and on the murder path.
Thanks, these are known and fixed and will be in the new fix I post soon(ish)

wikke, did you try the last posted 14.12b (not the one in the first post)? I thought this was fixed there but otherwise it will be as noted

cmacleod42

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Aug 29, 2017
Status
please excuse a delay with the 14.12c fix, I said it was due in a day or two over a week ago. I have recently had health issues with medications out of stock indefinitely, having to swap to another, then it going out of stock (as everyone on the first had similarly swapped). Now on a third hopefully they can keep supply for this one!

It should really be today or tomorrow. I was fixing some bugs I found for Elian and located a couple of cosplayers with quite nice and useful sets. So added some more images and did a couple more hardcore fakes for her. Just testing now

cmacleod42

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Aug 29, 2017
Update 14.12c

This is version 14.12c update for the game. At the moment this is an update only, it can be applied to 14.12 or later. It is compatible with saves from 14.8.4 or later of the game.

Note: after a few days if there are no significant errors I will release full installs for the game and the Android APK.

This should address all bug reports for the game, and do some other changes, most visibly to some parts of the game interface

- a number of lesser used icons/links are moved to the Help or Game app in your phone. This includes the load/save icon but these can be restored to the left sidebar using a setting app in your phone
- there is no cheat link or start game option for it now, use the 'Cheat' icon in the Games app in your phone to open the cheat menu
- all movement related buttons in outside locations now have an arrow indicating the direction of the place it goes to, based on the map. Many of these are also sorted north to south (top to bottom of the map)
- some start game options are altered or rearranged, for instance the puzzles setting

Additionally (since 14.12b)

Links
removed

Install
Download, copy into your game installation (same folder as index.html) and unzip 'here'

EDIT:
restored links, but be aware trying to charm Ash has a bug in this. I will release a full version in a day or two. A patch will be posted at the Hypnopics Collective

See
https://f95zone.to/threads/a-spell-for-all-v14-12b-cmacleod42.571/post-9180035
for an updated version

Last edited:

Lurkcopter

Apr 15, 2020
Murder path, followed the guide and something weird happened. Anita showed up in the Park even though I teleported to the estate, I had no choice but to get shot and sent to the hospital. The rest of the story went as usual except for the Ritual: since I was already sent to the hospital by Anita, the explosion at the hotel did not trigger the "you lose conscioussness" pop-up and I wasn't sent to the hospital. My book is now missing and since I already recovered it from the teacher after meeting Anita, there is no way for me to recover it even though events at the police station imply that Mr.Beasley has it.

When I go to school and talk to him, he has nothing to say and the book is not there.

cmacleod42

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Aug 29, 2017
Murder path, followed the guide and something weird happened. Anita showed up in the Park even though I teleported to the estate, I had no choice but to get shot and sent to the hospital. The rest of the story went as usual except for the Ritual: since I was already sent to the hospital by Anita, the explosion at the hotel did not trigger the "you lose conscioussness" pop-up and I wasn't sent to the hospital. My book is now missing and since I already recovered it from the teacher after meeting Anita, there is no way for me to recover it even though events at the police station imply that Mr.Beasley has it.

When I go to school and talk to him, he has nothing to say and the book is not there.
I am unsure what the issue you are describing is for Anita, do you mean you teleported by got the event, or just that when you visited the park next she was there? The second case is perfectly normal, you can teleport to avoid her but if that is what you want to do then you must continue to avoid the park

There are several fallbacks for the book, try Sarah. Diane White can also have it

Otherwise open the cheat menu, select view items, check the items in game and the book (item 4), where is it? Sarah is 192, Mr Beasley 11, 75,76,77 (one of those).

4.30 star(s) 60 Votes