Trasher2018

Engaged Member
Aug 21, 2018
Nice game, but really short .. I mean its here since Jan 2017? ... or did I miss something? 2 Days isnt that much.

kaboomer69

Sep 1, 2018
So... more fixes for the couple of dialogues added in the past 6 months?

I guess that's what is bound to happen if a game has no plans beyond the first 5% of the content it should have. Well unless the game was already planned for Patreon milking from the start, which might be indicated by adding more and more characters to the game instead of completing content with existing ones.

yaxir

Nov 3, 2017
As far as I saw he already lost 1k in pledges, complaining here doesn't help just unpledge if you are unhappy with his work speed, and if you are not a patreon you don't really have the right to complain anyway :FeelsBadMan:
ok fatman, we just liked this game alot, that's why we're complaining out of passion, not hatred.

the resentment is because we WANT this game to see the light of completion ... i just hope we could have a discord where we could, as fans, discuss stuff on this game as a community.

anyways, where did you get your profile picture from ? which game ? i'd like to check it out !

Wolfregis

Aug 9, 2016
ok fatman, we just liked this game alot, that's why we're complaining out of passion, not hatred.

the resentment is because we WANT this game to see the light of completion ... i just hope we could have a discord where we could, as fans, discuss stuff on this game as a community.

anyways, where did you get your profile picture from ? which game ? i'd like to check it out !
It's from his own game, Deep Impact, while it isn't very far into development yet I'd recommend checking it out. It's got some serious potential.

biddip

Sep 21, 2017
i'm stuck with the part of the mother, it already passed some time, but there it still says, let time heal

Lyka

Game Developer
Aug 31, 2018
got the ice cream job but how can i leave the mall now? no map icon.
Thanks

solved with cheat

RedPillBlues

I Want to Rock your Body (To the Break of Dawn)
Donor
Jun 5, 2017
As far as I saw he already lost 1k in pledges, complaining here doesn't help just unpledge if you are unhappy with his work speed, and if you are not a patreon you don't really have the right to complain anyway :FeelsBadMan:
Can confirm hes lost at least 800 in Pateons. To be honest I wish this happened more often, seeing that people are willing to abandon you're project is a awakening a lot of Devs need in my opinion (I'm looking at you monster girl Island).

Wolfregis

Aug 9, 2016
Can confirm hes lost at least 800 in Pateons. To be honest I wish this happened more often, seeing that people are willing to abandon you're project is a awakening a lot of Devs need in my opinion (I'm looking at you monster girl Island).
I can't say I'm surprised. He needs to step up his game if wants to bring in more people. Rather than adding 5-10 minutes of dialogue that could easily be explained in one to three sentences. He also needs to start focusing more on finishing up the characters that he's already established and adding scenes for these characters. Now while I like the game even I'm starting to get irritated I'm probably gonna see where it goes for two more updates, if nothing significant changes then I'll probably look for another game in the same vein as this one.

Deleted member 662393

Game Developer
Jun 5, 2018
Yeah can't really say what his issue is making 6k a month can really put you under pressure, maybe he had some kinda burnout as well since he took a month off and stopped the payment for that month. I don't know what he is dealing with but I hope the new writer can help him making things go more smoothly again. I still like the game since aside from STS there isn't many games like this. So if GeeSeki is reading this by any chance, do what makes you happy buddy but we all hope you can push out more good content in the future, we all love your game. :FeelsGoodMan:

Brady2626

Engaged Member
Mar 2, 2018
i just got into this game i enjoyed it and it had a good amount of content but from what i am reading this update had very little content honestly he probably has burn out or is planning on dragging this out for as long as he can to keep the money coming in

manneychin

May 8, 2017
Just played this for the 1st time at v0.20c and feel the need to write a review.

The game has 2 major upsides: the right kind of incest perversity (good writing) and is well tied together both technically and artistically.

It also has HUGE downsides. Art looks exactly like something made by a programmer with no artistic background but a ton of tenacity. It has a certain charm and is coherent across the whole game but in the end it's too simplistic and massively takes away from immersion. Another huge downside is the game being developed at a slow pace with little new content every ~month, resulting in story threads that take months or years to progress by just a few lines / images (this problem is amplified by game world being too broad for how much content is delivered regularly).

The game could be made wildly better by outsourcing all art to be reworked by someone who can draw at least at a Summertime Saga level. It's rare to have a game that could be made so much better through such a straight forward measure, even when you consider the cost and difficulty in finding the right artist(s). Another improvement would be to cut the game into distinct episodes with each having a distinct portion of the story and each episode being limited to 6-9 months of development. This would make the game approachable more often by paying patrons.

As things are, most people would find little value in being permanent patrons. It's developed too slowly to play every release and yet the game has become too broad to remember & resume from where you were if you want to play every 6-9 months, if that is even an option since I've seen you had to play v0.20c from start, which is an option most people would only have once every 1-2 years for a game of this size.

So, lots of potential, but unless the downsides are addressed head on the game has peaked and it's all downhill from here. I will definitely revisit it but definitely not earlier than next autumn. Also, A Town Uncovered wipes the floor with Summertime Saga when it comes to how incest is handled, showing just how easily DarkCookie bent over for Patreon like a good money whore.

Reactions: obiwan
3.20 star(s) 83 Votes