VN - Unity - Abandoned - A Trip Abroad [v0.21] [Buckets]

1. 3.00 star(s)

Zippity

The following review is based off my personal experience with playing this Game/Visual Novel... I try to be as brutally honest and detailed as I can, and these are my own opinions and thoughts, from one or more play throughs... The version this review is based on is v0.21...

This visual novel/game is alright, but nothing too special... It's also yet another Family Sex themed VN/game...

The visuals for the characters are unique, but appear hentai inspired, especially since it has a bit of a Japanese theme in the prologue... The backdrops are all unique and creative...

The script is good with very few spelling/grammar errors... The plot involves a male protagonist with his mother and sister, who go on a vacation away from home... During the prologue, the father was an abusive drunk who disappears one day... Which made the family grow closer together... The story during the vacation plays out a bit weird, and sometimes a little too quickly... The game play is broken up into time frames, and game days, with just a few places to go in the hotel... But story elements are sometimes several game days apart and seem kind of rushed, at times, once you get to more story content...

There isn't a huge amount of lead up till the moments when the protagonist begins exploring, consensual, sexual relationships with both family members after which the current content stops... The description of the game mentions "In other words the guy isn't really a fuck everything in sight machine." yet there was a moment in the spa where he does seem to be sexually flirting with a recent friend of his sister, that he just met... So that statement is already appearing to be thrown out the door, unless the story never intends to pursue it?

Overall, I liked the visuals and the game play concepts, but really felt there were too many filler moments that just wasted time, until real story content appeared, and when it did, it felt a bit rushed... Even the erotic scenes felt like they went by too quickly... I didn't feel the right level of immersion, that I thought I should be feeling, up until and including those moments... Will I check back on this one, maybe... I'm not really sure, as the plot concept seems promising, but the execution of the story just didn't feel long enough or meaningful enough... And I do understand it is still early in development, but it just simply felt rushed...