• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.
4.10 star(s) 37 Votes

MetaMira

Game Developer
Sep 14, 2021
So, uhhh... I did a thing.
Which lead to some more things.
Thought perhaps others would like said things.

This was done in 0.10.1, obviously no idea how it would work on future updates.
The things.
The mod is named coxSluttery, because.... why not? The cox part is mostly just to have something unique to put on variables and stuff, to avoid duplicates.

Full list of things done:
I made the mom blonde and blue-eyed
I made her hairband pink
I made the shirt of her cutdown teacher outfit transparent
I made the skirt of her cutdown teacher outfit shorter
I made her cutdown underwear purple... and transparent
(Note that colour changes were just made by adjusting levels and hue, and the original hue was different for the underwear in a couple of images, so the between the standing model and the boob/ass windows, you will likely notice that they're somewhat different purples... I didn't care, but if someone does, feel free to fix.
Also, the skirt is far from perfect, but I did that shit on a laptop without a mouse. Didn't turn out badly enough that I hate it, though. I wasn't really happy with the eyes, but I was also too lazy to fix it.)

I added the ability to wear no bra with the cutdown panties, at CL3.
I added the ability to wear no underwear at all, at CL5.
(Note, that there are plenty of scripts in the game, where it specifically forces you away from using nudity options of underwear. Usually, this is after having undressed during some event. Most of the time, it's not that annoying, but one instance in particular was: when changing to teacher outfit, when you go to school. That lead to me fixing it in the next point: )

I added a Slutty Teacher outfit, CL5, which is the same as the cutdown teacher outfit, except it forces her to not wear underwear.
I added a Casual Teacher outfit, CL5, no underwear, and combines the patreon tube top with the cutdown teacher skirt.
I added a Blouse n Hotpants outfit, CL5, which combines the patreon jorts with the cutdown teacher top, for wearing at home.

Now, adding all these outfits meant there was a new problem: when modelling in the closet in your room, it lists ALL your outfits, and they now end up going through the top of your screen.
So, I edited mom_closet_events.rpy and made the modelling choice into a submenu for each of the outfit types. Worked great, solved the issue. For now. Sooner or later, assuming more outfits are to come, there will be a need for a list length check, and pages added based on it. I was feeling far too lazy to figure out how to do that, though.

So yeah, that was all of it. Speaking of "more outfits", I had hoped that I could copy the textures, then edit them, and add the changes I made in as options you could choose. However, I think I'd have to edit the Live2D model in order to add more parts, which would require the PSD file? Maybe? I have no idea how that stuff works, just that I couldn't find any script that could point to a new texture and coordinates, and say "that's a new outfit". As such, I was forced to edit the existing ones. Which means, if you want only some of the things I did to be in effect, you'll have to edit the images yourself, and use the backups to revert changes you don't want.

The file does contain backups of the PNGs I edited, though I totally forgot about adding a backup for the closet event script.

View attachment 2445851

Didn't expect I'd be so talkative the first time I make a comment on something.
This is awesome! If you want to swing over to we have a mod channel (currently underutilized), and I'd be happy to pin this there with your permission.

I was going to post some technical details about how "you need the Live2D model to avoid jankiness", but this has sparked off some inspiration about how I could enable some texture swapping. I'm going to experiment with that and get back to you; v0.11 might be able to support adding extra outfits in exactly the way you've described. If I can get it working the way I'm envisioning players will be able to install multiple different outfit mods and have them all play nicely with each other. If I can't get it working I'll be back to post the modding resources for v0.10, which includes all of my PSD files, Live2D files, and Live2D animations.

I'll also be reviewing the clothing menus and building in proper support for long lists of clothing.

Awesome work, it's super cool to see!

MetaMira

Game Developer
Sep 14, 2021
MetaMira - Check the mod above made by Minx plz. The blonde mom is H O T!
Maybe you can include something like this (or ask/borrow?) when the mom goes and buys from mall hair dye?
I've been talking to Minx over on Discord a bunch, actually! Their mod has been an amazing case study for how the modding system works right now, and how it could be improved.

There are a ton of modding improvements that I've just finished coding that are going to be included in v0.11. Right now the improvements are:
  • New clothing items can be added by providing new textures for existing items (without having to overwrite the original textures)
  • Phone apps can now be easily added by mods.
  • Menus can now have additional options added to them by mods (without needing to overwrite the base files)
  • Mods can hook into existing events and "take over" (without needing to overwrite entire labels)
I think it's a massive step forward, and I hope it will encourage more amazing mod work!

For base A Very Full House I absolutely agree about giving the MCILF an option to go blonde at some point!

EDIT: Oh, and Minx has also posted a few smaller experimental mods over on Discord (adding some phone backgrounds and messing around with label overrides). If you're curious you should come check them out, and say hi while you're there!

l590268

Jun 27, 2018
I've been talking to Minx over on Discord a bunch, actually! Their mod has been an amazing case study for how the modding system works right now, and how it could be improved.

There are a ton of modding improvements that I've just finished coding that are going to be included in v0.11. Right now the improvements are:
  • New clothing items can be added by providing new textures for existing items (without having to overwrite the original textures)
  • Phone apps can now be easily added by mods.
  • Menus can now have additional options added to them by mods (without needing to overwrite the base files)
  • Mods can hook into existing events and "take over" (without needing to overwrite entire labels)
I think it's a massive step forward, and I hope it will encourage more amazing mod work!

For base A Very Full House I absolutely agree about giving the MCILF an option to go blonde at some point!

EDIT: Oh, and Minx has also posted a few smaller experimental mods over on Discord (adding some phone backgrounds and messing around with label overrides). If you're curious you should come check them out, and say hi while you're there!
this is fantastic news as i also started dabbling with the game files since the previous update (nothing fancy or actually worthy of being shared, literal "put the texture files into paint and hope for the best") but i do have a question: Can we also change the bodies/bodies features by providing new textures? And, something i noticed while messing with them, the textures have a draw limit where they get cut off to be shown in the game, i know it's probably written in the game files but anything we can have to easily tell where these limits are? Or, even better, something to change the limits? I'm probably asking for a lot so it's okay if you don't want to but i felt like i had to ask anyway

MetaMira

Game Developer
Sep 14, 2021
this is fantastic news as i also started dabbling with the game files since the previous update (nothing fancy or actually worthy of being shared, literal "put the texture files into paint and hope for the best") but i do have a question: Can we also change the bodies/bodies features by providing new textures? And, something i noticed while messing with them, the textures have a draw limit where they get cut off to be shown in the game, i know it's probably written in the game files but anything we can have to easily tell where these limits are? Or, even better, something to change the limits? I'm probably asking for a lot so it's okay if you don't want to but i felt like i had to ask anyway
Hmm, I think with a few small tweaks to my texture replacement code I can make it possible to have texture swaps tied to the character, rather than a piece of clothing. That could then be used to support changing the skin art in whatever way people want. A problem you might run into is if the silhouette of body parts don't match up with clothing after you edit them - if you make her boobs bigger, for example, they'll clip out from under the bra art. There are still plenty of things I could imagine people changing that would avoid that issue though, so it's worth the addition.

The area that is included for each item texture is shown if you open the texture in Live2D. When v0.11 comes out I'll be releasing an up-to-date modding resource pack (it seems appropriate, with all of the new modding tools) and I think you'll be able to open and export the texture files with the free version of Live2D. If not, I'll make sure to export an image showing those boundries and include them in the modding resources pack for ease of outfit design.

• Love
Reactions: l590268

CarinaCox

Sep 7, 2021
Hmm, I think with a few small tweaks to my texture replacement code I can make it possible to have texture swaps tied to the character, rather than a piece of clothing. That could then be used to support changing the skin art in whatever way people want.
I will admit, I did have this thought instantly. I just felt bad for asking for so much, and this seemed easy enough that I could probably do it if you didn't :3

CarinaCox

Sep 7, 2021
Minor, (but severely crucial, in my mind) update for the mod I posted.

Update:
Just a minor update, fixing the butt view of the skirt, so the skirt doesn't hover outside the body, and gives it a lop-sided, hiked-up look, to match the front view.

View attachment 2456605

View attachment 2456613

Just replace the texture_00.png in \game\images\Models\Mom_Butt_Frame_1\Mom_Butt_Frame_1.4096\ with the one above.
This is obviously meant to work with the rest of this mod, otherwise the other changes I made won't fit with the rest of the game.

Atlan

May 18, 2018
Still wish there was some kind of hint system (mc's inner thoughts), I find it really difficult to figure out how to trigger events and to further corruption.

Bernas

Mar 30, 2018
There were some parts of the models on the folders and i decided to edit busty to see how she would look like with a smaller personality and head

JagHond

Mar 18, 2019
One more small mod. This is a texture edit for the live 2d models. Every main character is affected. :)

To install: copy contents of folder to game

Preview:

Download:
Hello, mate. Couldn't open that link above, sorry.
Would you be so kind to upload that mod of yours elsewhere, please?
Thanks a lot in advance, and with best regards.

MetaMira

Game Developer
Sep 14, 2021
the game over thingy is annoying as fuck... why does it happen? not even explained
It happens if your "household stability" hits 0. You lose stability if you don't complete chores, and you can see the current value in your chores app. I'll add some events that trigger when you hit lower values to help tutorialize that a little bit more - I can understand that it's easy to miss at the moment!

4.10 star(s) 37 Votes