a VR test-run

llud

Mar 21, 2019
Hi everyone.

It seems I have only enough privileges to post here. Hope it will change as I would like to post a couple of projects I am working on.
Also, apologies if this is not the right forum. Please feel free to move it into the right one if is not here.

I have been tinkering with the idea to do a VR adult experience so I have tried a bit the pipeline and the performance/quality of the VR that can come out.
This is a small test run in VR I prepared for Oculus (if you have Vive please try to see if it works as I can only test it on Oculus).

I wanted to try the HD pipeline, Daz and some models/position. There is a very basic standard navigation system to move around (teleportation, not a fan of continuous motion as it makes me noxious)

Please feel free to leave your feedback and if there is something else you would like to try, like some more interaction and dialogue maybe.
If I get at the least 10 people interested/like the idea I will be posting a small VR story/experience for you all.

Cheers

Developer: Me (I don't have a name for this yet!)
Censored: No
Version: 0.0.1
Genre: N/A (VR Test Run)

Installation:
No Installation required. Just download and run with your Oculus Link(for Quest Users) or Rift

For Vive and Microsoft users...give it a try, it should render but I am not sure about the commands. Anyway, let me know if you try it!

NOTE: To close it, just kill the application when you are done. I haven't put a quit application button in the build -.-'

DOWNLOAD
Win/Linux
: -

ScreenShot1.jpg

Reactions: DARK087

Kyrieru

Aug 13, 2019
Ironically I also made a VR experience and need to post more so I can post it....I feel your pain.

llud

Mar 21, 2019
Ironically I also made a VR experience and need to post more so I can post it....I feel your pain.
Hey there, is there a threshold of posts/likes before you are allowed to post games?

I have tried to contact the admins, see what happens.

Kyrieru

Aug 13, 2019
Hey there, is there a threshold of posts/likes before you are allowed to post games?

I have tried to contact the admins, see what happens.
I think you just dont post your own games, you make a game request.

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
That's how you post a request:
https://f95zone.to/threads/game-uploading-rules-2019-06-25.524/

Having said that, I'd really recommend spending some time iterating on it first; the reviewers will be quite vicious if it's a rushed release. Better to set up shop here, or in Programming/Development, and document the journey first. Invite people to join your discord, release WIP updates (like you already have), respond to bug-reports, and make sure there's actual content there when you launch. That way, when you do the actual release, you'll have something that's tested, solid and hopefully has some hype surrounding it. You'll also be in a position where people can see your backlog and enthusiasm, which helps alley fears that this will be another [abandoned]0.0.1 release.

In my case I spent 3 months working on Love of Magic before the 1st public release (and even then had quite a few bugs when the faucet of users turned on, despite having had a decent amount of testing).

llud

Mar 21, 2019
That's how you post a request:
https://f95zone.to/threads/game-uploading-rules-2019-06-25.524/

Having said that, I'd really recommend spending some time iterating on it first; the reviewers will be quite vicious if it's a rushed release. Better to set up shop here, or in Programming/Development, and document the journey first. Invite people to join your discord, release WIP updates (like you already have), respond to bug-reports, and make sure there's actual content there when you launch. That way, when you do the actual release, you'll have something that's tested, solid and hopefully has some hype surrounding it. You'll also be in a position where people can see your backlog and enthusiasm, which helps alley fears that this will be another [abandoned]0.0.1 release.

In my case I spent 3 months working on Love of Magic before the 1st public release (and even then had quite a few bugs when the faucet of users turned on, despite having had a decent amount of testing).
Hey there,

thanks for your reply and the link.

I will read it and follow the steps. Actually I am trying to do exactly what you suggested. I want to show all the steps and gain a few people around who are interested in the projects. I am new to this kind of projects and dont really know if this is going anywhere, hence why looking for some feedbacks and support to motivate me to allocate the time to ship something.

I am not really for the half baked projects or abandon the projects once started....This is why I am thinking about doing a couple of small-ish experiences before embarking in a potentially long term commitment of a full story

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
Hey there,

thanks for your reply and the link.

I will read it and follow the steps. Actually I am trying to do exactly what you suggested. I want to show all the steps and gain a few people around who are interested in the projects. I am new to this kind of projects and dont really know if this is going anywhere, hence why looking for some feedbacks and support to motivate me to allocate the time to ship something.

I am not really for the half baked projects or abandon the projects once started....This is why I am thinking about doing a couple of small-ish experiences before embarking in a potentially long term commitment of a full story
Cool. Just remember that having an "In development" thread is recommended up until you think the game is ready for a *public* release (which is what posting it to Games basically is). This one was mine.
https://f95zone.to/threads/love-of-magic-droid-development-thread-build-available.37869/

That let's you recruit testers, show progress, and get motivated (though I *really* recommend using a Discord as the centralized hub for all of that; the Thread becomes a place you post bait to recruit people in), etc. And people who enter the thread understand the stage you're at, and won't judge you for not being 'done'.

The moment you post the game to the unwashed masses in the Games forum, the gloves are off. If you launch too early, or with Alpha content, they can be quite harsh. It can be rather demoralizing to have a hundred posts banging away about this being an early alpha, and not worth their time, it being buggy, not enough content, etc. You'll also likely get some negative reviews, which will weigh your project down even IF you later make it amazing.

Apart from that, your plan sounds good. Make one or two small (but still polished) experiences first, ship those, and learn.