Fan Art A Wife And Mother Fan Art

4.60 star(s) 11 Votes

Bane71

Apr 21, 2020

Orimal

Dec 1, 2021
LP has a chance to catch its breath before AI can't get movement and form completely in alignment

Sabertooth__

Sep 23, 2020
I haven't been writing here but art and artist discussion really made me want to write this.

The value of art is only because there is artist whose work can't be replicated. If Ai can write stories then why will I wait for someone else to write the story that i want. If i want to make renders why will I wait for someone else to make it for me while i also pay that human. I'll just have the Ai come up something that surprises based on it's own extensive banks of data.

All value of art will be lost and people will only be reading what a machine is telling them. When everyone is capable of doing something then it has no value. If every random guy without any serious efforts or any skill can make high quality art then why would you pay that person. Every artist in the world along with his art has value because they have spent untold amount of time to deliver a quality most can't even think of matching.

The whole allure of any form of art is seeing a human actually do something that amazes you, that instills a passion in you to try and replicate it or get better at it. If i knew all the new shows or movies in the market are coming from the mind of an Ai, i would lose interest in all of it.

Example it is fascinating to imagine how L&P makes his renders look this good. Most of us feel an excitement regarding how the scene will look, what will he cook up this time. Whether anyone accepts it or not the size of this fan art thread, the number of people who chose to pick up 3d after playing this game have directly been influenced by L&P and his art. There is an excitement to work, to learn to get to the same level of visual quality which if it was an Ai making all the renders of the game, it would never have inspired so many to give 3d art a try. If it was an Ai then you pretty much know it is going to look perfect.

Anything that does not have imperfections isn't truly beautiful in my opinion. Something too perfect is just artificial and honestly creepy.

palmtrees89

Jul 3, 2021
I haven't been writing here but art and artist discussion really made me want to write this.

The value of art is only because there is artist whose work can't be replicated. If Ai can write stories then why will I wait for someone else to write the story that i want. If i want to make renders why will I wait for someone else to make it for me while i also pay that human. I'll just have the Ai come up something that surprises based on it's own extensive banks of data.

All value of art will be lost and people will only be reading what a machine is telling them. When everyone is capable of doing something then it has no value. If every random guy without any serious efforts or any skill can make high quality art then why would you pay that person. Every artist in the world along with his art has value because they have spent untold amount of time to deliver a quality most can't even think of matching.

The whole allure of any form of art is seeing a human actually do something that amazes you, that instills a passion in you to try and replicate it or get better at it. If i knew all the new shows or movies in the market are coming from the mind of an Ai, i would lose interest in all of it.

Example it is fascinating to imagine how L&P makes his renders look this good. Most of us feel an excitement regarding how the scene will look, what will he cook up this time. Whether anyone accepts it or not the size of this fan art thread, the number of people who chose to pick up 3d after playing this game have directly been influenced by L&P and his art. There is an excitement to work, to learn to get to the same level of visual quality which if it was an Ai making all the renders of the game, it would never have inspired so many to give 3d art a try. If it was an Ai then you pretty much know it is going to look perfect.

Anything that does not have imperfections isn't truly beautiful in my opinion. Something too perfect is just artificial and honestly creepy.
Well, some of your points are valid no doubt, but we are very far away from a point where an AI can create an entire game along with story and writing with a couple simple prompts. What we have now, or in the near future atleast, are AI models capable of creating high quality renders which developers can use to form a story around it. Hell, maybe even have the AI write some of the dialogues. But doing this by yourself and make a renpy game out of it would still require a shitton of time. I'm not gonna sit on my computer and feed an AI line after line, put a game together and then play it.

I'd much rather pay a developer to do all that, especially since if I was doing it, I'd already know the result and so playing through that would be more than just boring. It would be pointless. I personally wouldn't mind playing a game from developers who use AI to support their development processes or the writing. What matters to me as a player is how engaging the game is, how immersive...etc. If that is a given, I really don't care much if what I'm playing through was made (or partly made) by an AI model.

But again, I can feel for the artists. Technological progress has always had it's downsides. But that's just how it is. Doesn't just apply to art. It's happening all around us. Be it cars, computers, phones...everything. There's always been people who are negatively affected by progress.

(Also, nice to see you're still alive. lol)

vaal2000

May 9, 2017
In my oppinion there is too much fuss about AI and I wouldnt worry so much about it. Yes, it is indeed impressive what it can do.... just that it doesnt do it by himself.
It's just a tool, like Pshop or Daz. It will still need the creator behind the wheel, because you need creativity to do most jobs (not just in terms of games) and AI doesnt have it. And it wont have it ever.
But definitely will make life easier both for creators and those who only clone things.

Reactions: Bane71 and Lukasz1

palmtrees89

Jul 3, 2021
In my oppinion there is too much fuss about AI and I wouldnt worry so much about it. Yes, it is indeed impressive what it can do.... just that it doesnt do it by himself.
It's just a tool, like Pshop or Daz. It will still need the creator behind the wheel, because you need creativity to do most jobs (not just in terms of games) and AI doesnt have it. And it wont have it ever.
But definitely will make life easier both for creators and those who only clone things.
For now, AI can act as a massive timesaver. Instead of an artist having to spend a bunch of time for a render using DAZ etc., feeding a simple prompt to an AI can create just as good or even better of a result in much less time. This would not only mean more renders created a day for a developer, but also allow for much more complex scenes and stories with the same or less time spend on it. That, to me, is just a massive plus for the players.

But who knows what it's gonna be like in 20 years from now. Maybe artists like we know em today are gonna be extinct, and a simple prompt can actually be enough for advanced AI's to create entire games. Only time will tell.

hzjujk

Sep 19, 2020

What tools I use as a human creator to make "art" is ultimately irrelevant. In the end, I told the algorithm (not an AI) what I wanted from it and it delivered a result with amazing efficiency.
The "AI" would never have made this picture by itself, it has no own will, no own drive. It is, at the moment, only a tool.

Part of my original post disappeared, so this addendum.

More than 135 "likes" for a picture where someone has simply merged two images together, made by an "AI", so has not even worked itself, just shows how uncritical some people here are. The motto of this page is "Show us your DAZ skills". And not - take any algorithm, let it do the work and take the credit for it.

Last edited:
4.60 star(s) 11 Votes