Fan Art A Wife And Mother Fan Art

4.60 star(s) 11 Votes

Turret

Engaged Member
Jun 23, 2017
I was the most proud of this next one as I managed to fit three characters in my measly 4G of VRAM. I had to hide A LOT of geometry to get it to render. You can also use scripts like the Scene Optimizer to reduce the texture size so it will fit on your video card, that combined with hiding geometry helps a lot...
Hi! While I am a total newbie at DAZ due to far too few time for it, there is one thing which is also helping with reducing render time and rather easy to use, the "Camera View Optimizer". With this thing you can hide quickly everything not in the camera viewport and still keep the lighting options as if the objects were not hidden.

Reactions: Old Dog

Night Hacker

Forum Fanatic
Jul 3, 2021
Hi! While I am a total newbie at DAZ due to far too few time for it, there is one thing which is also helping with reducing render time and rather easy to use, the "Camera View Optimizer". With this thing you can hide quickly everything not in the camera viewport and still keep the lighting options as if the objects were not hidden.
Yeah, I have used that, but I honestly don't like how it does it and I prefer to manually hide things. I made a little script which allows me to just click something and press "V" to hide it (won't work otherwise so don't try it). But yeah, that is a great tool for that otherwise.

A bigger help is the which will reduce your textures used in a scene to 1/4 of their memory usage (half the actual size) or more. Often times it will use a large texture which is not needed at all for a scene, especially textures on objects far away. Reducing those REALLY helped me in renders with almost no, or very little noticable difference in quality. A combination of texture reduction and hiding scene objects is how I did it on my 1050 video card with only 4G VRAM.

4.60 star(s) 11 Votes