Unreal Engine - Completed - Abandoned Void [v2.1.1] [Escovic Games]

1. 5.00 star(s)

Anon112211

One of the better games on this site, wish the developer had more. It's got great animation, interesting enough story, character design is great too. Cant really offer any improvements other than more outfits and the animations to go with them, overall a really well rounded game.
  2. 4.00 star(s)

Weiss123

Pros:
    + Beautiful models
    + Nice costumes
    + Nice atmosphere - there are some jump scares
    + OK scenes
    Cons
    + No story, no character developments
    + H scenes are too short
    + Lack of stages and variety
    Overall this is quite promising PROVIDED THAT it is expanded in the near future.
  3. 4.00 star(s)

Abyssal_0

- The gameplay is simple, the notes are kinda scuffed to find but not too difficult,the addition of some stages or other enemies would make up for the storage this game takes

- The monster(? is a bit too goofy looking and the laugh gets really annoying hearing it all the time, his jumpscare could be improved

- The animations for the endings could be better, but overall it´s an entertaining game.

It has a lot of potential if the dev keeps updating it!
  4. 3.00 star(s)

Heribor

Heeey !

First of all, excuse my English, it's not my native language.

I'd describe this game as a short horrific arcade game, as it's a "Slender" like game made as a loop. You have to play it at least 6 times to unlock all the Wardrobe.

The aim of the game is very simple, as a "Slender" like, you just have to get 5 or 8 pages (1st one is free), depend on difficulty, in a short abandoned hospital while escaping a strange man/creature.

+ :

- The gameplay is good, the loop is well made, we're not moving too fast, nor too slow,

- The replayability is quite good, having different Good and Bad Ending depending on the clothes you choose.

- Having the choice between FPS and TPS is nice. (Press C)

- I know that it shouldn't be a + point, but i didn't see any bugs, at least not any gamebreaking bug or anything making the experience bad or anything.

- The atmosphere is quite good, good enough to quote it here.

- The graphics are fine for this kind of game, the girl and creature model are good too.

- There is some humor, creature running animation made me laugh tbh.

+ / - :

- The riddles are nice, but there is only 3 or 4 riddles in the entire game, and they're quite simple tbh.

- Having a flashlight is nice, but we don't need it as the game isn't dark enough and the creature doesn't react to it at all.

- The menu is well made but it lack something, i can't say what but i feel like it.

- :

- The animation, and more specifically the sex animation, it's too basic, only a short 2 seconds loop with no continuity. I'd also point the screamer when you get caught, it's.. strange.

- The IA of the creature, it's too easy to avoid it, even on hard difficulty. He runs as fast as you but stop chasing you if you leave his eyesight, which happen quite often.

- It lacks a lot of sound effect, the sex scene feels quite empty, the creature laugh is fine but hearing it every 10 seconds is boring, I wish we could hear his footsteps instead..

- The size of the game, (+5gb) is way too much for this content.

- It really lack difficulty, I mean, the only difference between Normal and Hard, is the number of pages, their spawn location and maybe the creature pattern. Doesn't really change a lot when the creature stop chasing you when you leave his eyesight.

- The Lore with Good Ending are quite short and well.. too slutty for me to justify the scene.

Some suggestions, if dev decide to update his game :

- Add some riddles, and make them more difficult.

- Add more animation to the good and bad ending, with at least 3 stage for the sex scene (Entrance, fucking and cumming ). Change also the animation when you get caught.

- Change the AI of the creature, make it smarter so she doesn't stop chasing you after 2 seconds, make it less predictable, she only take one staircase and if you take the other one she won't follow you. Make it able to enter rooms.

- Add some mechanics ( crouch, hide in a locker, lay under the bed.. ) so player can avoid the creature easily. You can also adjust difficulty with that, making the creature paying more attention if the player is standing or crouching, deleting locker and bed on higher difficulty and so much more..

- Add another level, on a bigger map, maybe a graveyard, a school or in a manor. There is a lot of possibilty.

- Add another creature, or some customisation on it.

- Add sounds effect, like footsteps for player and creature, add more sounds to the mob so we don't have to hear his laugh every 10 seconds. Add some ambiant sound too, wood cracking, birds outside and much more.

- Add some hidden notes, it lack of interactive items and making the pages hidden can also add some difficulty and gameplay.

- Add some lore, optionnal i mean, so we learn a bit more about our player and the creature (why we're here?, what happened here?, what's this creature? etc..).

I do not want to be that harsh with this game as i had a good time playing it, but there is a lot of things that could be better. This game has a lot of potential to be a very great game, I'd really love to get more updates.

3/5 is maybe generous, but I liked this game.
  5. 3.00 star(s)

VaeVictus

Disregard the rating of 3 stars, will update the review once the testing is done.

Consider this a placeholder for the moment, I have not actually tried it just yet. Going to include details as best as I can as well.

As for why there is a review in the first place... I miswrote it to the wrong topic without realizing so now I am fixing it.

Here we go...
    It is more of a small project than an amibitious game, which is fine of course. It lowers down the expectations and allows for some tolerance due to the scale of the project.
    Though, even for a project that is remaining to be humble, there are certain problems along with strong points to remark.

- Gameplay loop is quite basic, this is NOT a negative factor, as there is no problem with it being a simple loop. In fact, the developer made a smart move by allowing players to replay this already short game by providing different outcomes in the form of "good end" and "bad end". You just need to reach either with different outfits. 6 outfits, 6 ends of both good and bad, so replayability achieved even if to a basic extent.

- When it comes to erotica games, the reward is generally the H-Content... Well, the stuff is not great but not really that bad. The problem is the lack of effort in the animations. The model is attractive though a bit exaggerated in body proportions (but hey, we wouldn't be here if it weren't) and adds flavor to the H content but the animations are just 2 or 3 second loops WITHOUT PROGRESSION. So the H content is a very basic looping animation. Most don't even have collision physics... Ouch...

- I liked the atmosphere, and the fact that the game is not taking itself serious and having a humor factor alongside minor horror material.. I mean, the way the "monster" was running made me chuckle I cannot deny.

- Mediocre Sound and Graphics. Barebones customization but then again, fine for a project at this scale, so I cannot criticize it harshly.

-All these combined would make it 4 stars with some positive remark... BUT... One horrendous fact makes it go down to 3 for a very simple yet tremendously significant factor: Game size... I mean, over 5 gigs for this? I have to say, the content (in terms of H-Material AND the game itself) should definitely include more. Not that I have size issues or anything (That's what he said) since I had generous space on my SSD nor is my download speed bad or poor or anything, it is just that I feel it is normal to expect more content when you are downloading a file with file size like this. That did give me some disappointment sadly.

3/5
  6. 1.00 star(s)

carbonbw

- Bad graphics.
    - Almost non existent sound design and what is there is lackluster.
    - Bad game mechanics if any.
    - Badly put together H-animations.
    + The protagonist is somewhat attractive.

Not worth the time of the download.