about big brother

rayyeras

Jun 27, 2023
i really want to check out big brother since i keep hearing good thing about it, i feel like there are a million different versions of that game ? can someone help me out

Meaning Less

Engaged Member
Sep 13, 2016
are the remakes any good or should i just play the original ?
Probably start with the original since it does a better job developing the main characters.

But if you are not liking the game or the pacing is too slow to you, feel free to try out the remakes.

Reactions: rayyeras

woody554

Jan 20, 2018
are the remakes any good or should i just play the original ?
none of them are any good. as big of a shit as the original dev is, he understood the basics of creating tension and never releasing it. the problem with all the fan games is they all give you everything too easily, which makes every reward feel like nothing.

the original game can be infuriating at times, but it works for the game. and if you like the sort of mom/son incest genre-stories then big brother is probably the best version of that. it has a million flaws, the dev is total shit who took hundreds of thousands for making the game then ran with the money, but at least it works. that's why its the legend and why people try to continue its legacy.

Reactions: rayyeras

whippetmaster

Oct 4, 2018
The original developer has remade the story of Max and his family as part of the game Glamour. One part is female mc dealing with Kate, who is the older sister to Max. The male MC part is Max's point of view and in some places, it has more content than the original and in some places, less content. But not by much. That's the one I'd play.
I did play all the remakes but they either focus too heavily on the NTR aspect or they add on a bunch of unrelated stuff like making movies or swinger parties. So none of the remakes are as faithful I would like them to be to close out the story or make it work. I think they should have stayed faithful to it being Max vs Eric and either working with Eric to share the family or kicking him out and at that point, focus on the family's affections and get it to where you have an "endless" mode where you can bang any family member (Ann, Kate, Lisa and maybe the aunt) all day long. I don't think any of the remakes do that unless I've missed one but all of them that I've played have either added more bloat or focused on Eric. So for that reason, I'd stick to the original Big Brother or Glamour.