About updates in other languages.

Juanmamola76

May 6, 2018
This is an English site, and if my knowledge of the rules is correct, the games must be in English to be accepted.
I am currently working on a game and my main language is not English, I made a translation and the game was accepted (https://f95zone.to/threads/under-the-sun-and-the-moon-prototype-ii-alice-cult.104834/). Since then I have continued to work on it, but I am in doubt if it is possible to ask for an [update] to the thread if I only provide a new non-English language version. As doing the translation takes me a lot of time and I would only like to do it when there is a lot of new content.

Thanks for your replies.

Meaning Less

Engaged Member
Sep 13, 2016
If you just want to keep updating your game you can always use a quick and dirty machine translation to do it faster, even google translate should be enough. That would meet the minimum requirements for the english version, then at the same time you can have the original spanish version alongside it.

I guess that would be better than nothing, just make sure to warn the uploader that you used MTL for the english version so they can properly tag it.

Last edited:

Juanmamola76

May 6, 2018
If you just want to keep updating your game you can always use a quick and dirty machine translation to do it faster, even google translate should be enough.
I already do that. (Well, I retouch it a little bit.)
The problem is that with Twine I have to manually pass the text of each passage. Even if there is a program to do it automatically I would have a big problem because the code that is between the lines of text will be translated. And given the nature of Twine (unless there is something I don't know) I have to translate a new file from zero each time, being already more than 50k words, it takes many hours even if it's just passing the text already translated and revised.

Meaning Less

Engaged Member
Sep 13, 2016
And given the nature of Twine (unless there is something I don't know) I have to translate a new file from zero each time, being already more than 50k words, it takes many hours even if it's just passing the text already translated and revised.
I never messed with twine but if the final result is html can't it be translated even by the browser directly? I bet there should be a tool out there to help you out in automating this process and knows what lines it should not touch. It might be worth investigating.

Otherwise you could still request for uploaders to just update the spanish version but that would probably not bump the thread or update the game version since the english version has not changed.

Reactions: Juanmamola76