Jul 10, 2020
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

I've had some visual bugs in this update. First image is from the [punish] [front view] while she is not pregnant. When she is pregnant it works just fine. The second one is after she was broken and it is the same for pregnant and not pregnant.

AtotehZ

Aug 24, 2018
MoriAPC What's new in the Academy? The overview says there's new content in v0.86, but if you follow the hyperlink nothing is marked as new.

You're doing great work on this game.

MoriAPC

Game Developer
Jan 28, 2020
YouWontGetMyName : Ah, weird. But also kinda funny. I'll look into it. Most likely it has to do with the variant face I added. Although the thing with the hands seems unrelated. Either way, I'll check out some of her display scripts and see what is causing this to happen. Should be fixed by the next update.

df223 : Not right now. Love route for the Queen will be the last material added for her.

AtotehZ : Do you mean the overview in the Guide? Most likely I just forgot to remove the highlighting from the Academy. There was no new Academy content in 0.86

Hstrike

Apr 1, 2018
Low key the art style is super cute lol
Edit: Man all of yall liking this post can't even see the art style I was referring to because it got changed!
HEYY do you have the screenshot of the old art style that you talking about??

MoriAPC

Game Developer
Jan 28, 2020
The Cattle Girl ss from the first post is still the old style.
Lol, I wish.

iezadam I've shared my original art and character designs in the discord, on my pixiv page, as well as them being featured in the early versions of the game before they were replaced by official art.

Here's what the game used to look like when version 0.10 was posted:

Screenshot3.png
Screenshot1.png

A lot of my original character arts were still used for at least the first few months of development, although it was mixed in with newer arts during that time. Eventually we got to the point where all of the art in the game was either done by Jamber or the other artist (who has chosen to be anonymous)

Troqu

Aug 6, 2017
Lol, I wish.

iezadam I've shared my original art and character designs in the discord, on my pixiv page, as well as them being featured in the early versions of the game before they were replaced by official art.

Here's what the game used to look like when version 0.10 was posted:

View attachment 1402342
View attachment 1402343

A lot of my original character arts were still used for at least the first few months of development, although it was mixed in with newer arts during that time. Eventually we got to the point where all of the art in the game was either done by Jamber or the other artist (who has chosen to be anonymous)
NGL I honestly forgot.

Flamewolf

Oct 31, 2017
So I feel like I screwed something up, I progressed Cherry to the Gold house and birth scene, and now I only have the option to Chat or Leave. Looking at the guide I know she has more content but for some reason I'm stuck on her.

MoriAPC

Game Developer
Jan 28, 2020
Flamewolf : Did you modify your save file, use a cheat engine, or anything like that?

Announcement Regarding 0.87

Since I normally release an update about every two weeks, I just figured I'd make an announcement letting people know that I plan to delay the release of 0.87. This actually not because I'm behind schedule or anything like that. In fact, I'd say I'm ahead of schedule for a normal sized update. Especially given that last week was a 'busy' week for me, but I still found time to work on APC.

Anyway, to get back on topic: I'm planning to do another large update for one of the major characters in the game. Generally speaking, I've found that it's better to do this all in one release rather than adding 1-2 tiny scenes at a time and leaving the character in an incomplete transition state for weeks or even months. Given that I know this is going to take more work than I could possibly accomplish in the normal 2 week time frame, I decided the release date of 0.87 will be "Whenever I finish working on these end state events."

It could be a few extra day, it could be as long as an extra week. I don't see myself as the kind of develop who can go a month without posting an update. The other good thing is that I've essentially already finished a lot of other scenes and content updates. So not only will we be getting a big update for this major character (hint; she's queen sized), but there will also still be about as much content as a regular update on top of all that.

Anyway, look forward to it.

cocomiel1

Jun 18, 2018
MoriAPC great sir. you are a gem in this site.
i will keep waiting patiently for the new update whatever it takes. wish you and your project only the best.

Last edited:

BruceMcGivern

Apr 19, 2020
Tfw mori is the most transparent side-game dev i ever known on this site, and yet this game still gives a bunch of content on each update and that's damn fantastic <3

I know you eventually will finish content on all the female characters with side and main events or whatever pace & course of actions you decide to give them until u finally decide to give it a project closure to APC or even retake it after ur done on your main project :D big respects Mori!

Flamewolf

Oct 31, 2017
Did you modify your save file, use a cheat engine, or anything like that?
I cheated in money and I think the stamina/health stat for fighting Garnet. I've never had a RPGM game mess up before after cheating. Ah dammit. What does the game check for when interacting with Cherry? I can understand money, I can change that back down to 0. I didn't mess with items or event variables so I don't know how the game got screwy after the 2 changes. I'm not an expert in RPGM code, I'm way more used to QSP.

So how does your game operate? the 3 things I can think of is: 1) Changing money back to 0 will fix the problem. 2) This is unintentional game breakage that I don't understand. 3) Purposeful anti-cheat, which I'm hoping isn't the case.

afedvfe

Oct 8, 2020
I cheated in money and I think the stamina/health stat for fighting Garnet. I've never had a RPGM game mess up before after cheating. Ah dammit. What does the game check for when interacting with Cherry? I can understand money, I can change that back down to 0. I didn't mess with items or event variables so I don't know how the game got screwy after the 2 changes. I'm not an expert in RPGM code, I'm way more used to QSP.

So how does your game operate? the 3 things I can think of is: 1) Changing money back to 0 will fix the problem. 2) This is unintentional game breakage that I don't understand. 3) Purposeful anti-cheat, which I'm hoping isn't the case.
you need no cheats in this game, gold is easily obtainable once you become king
you shouldn't use non standard approaches and expect developers to plan for every one of those

MoriAPC

Game Developer
Jan 28, 2020
Flamewolf This isn't programmed like a normal RPG Maker game, and I use some of the stats and variables in unintended ways. For that reason, people who modify their save files have sometimes caused issues to arise with the way some events should play out.

Example: If you modified your stats, aside from HP, you should definitely put them back to normal. Changing your stats will massively screw up the progression of your game in several quests and events. Changing your HP will cause some minor errors but not anything that should break progression.

Cheating in Gold shouldn't be a problem. There's actually an item in your spells menu that allows you to instantly create gold, though.

It's just generally the first question I ask because unfortunately in the past there have been people who use cheat engine, break the game in unintended ways, and then report them as "bugs." Early on in development I used to fix all bugs immediately and post version updates. Unfortunately, after several erroneous reports which wasted a lot of my time investigating bugs that weren't actually bugs, my new approach is to always ask first thing if someone has modified their game file in any way.

Additionally, it helps me to know as much as possible when investigating bugs. Thanks to your decently thorough reporting I know the following:
- You progressed Cherry to the house and she has given birth at least once
- Only [Chat] and [Leave] options appear for you in her current state
- You cheated Gold and Health into the game. These shouldn't affect her, but now I know exactly what stuff you have modified and I know you didn't modify anything that should have affected her state.

For me that's a lot more useful than someone who just says "Cherry is broken at the house..." or something vague like that. I should be able to quickly find her current state, know that she didn't end up there because of any outside modifications to switches or variables, and figure out how she got stuck there and how to get her unstuck.

Reactions: Flamewolf

MoriAPC

Game Developer
Jan 28, 2020
Flamewolf Okay I looked over her code and there doesn't seem to be anything that would cause the issue you are having.

She has two states with regards to the Gold House:

1. One of them causes the menu "Chat/Sex/Leave" to appear. If you are seeing Chat and Leave, you should also be seeing the option for Sex. There is no code in the game that only displays the Chat and Leave option.

2. The other option says "Chat" or "Nothing..." I'm guessing this is the menu you are actually seeing, and you reported it as "Leave" instead of "Nothing..." I'd be interested to get a screenshot of exactly what you are seeing however, as this may help.

Anyway, assuming you are seeing the second menu, this is something that should never appear after she gives birth. It should be literally impossible. There's only one time when she shows this menu; When you are standing outside of the house, after purchasing it, and before going inside. In order to get her to progress from that menu to the next, all you need to do is go inside of the house and talk to her once or twice.

I checked all of her scripts for repeatable sex, birth, and other events that can be viewed and none of them would change her variable low enough to the point where you'd see this menu. I also checked her behavior in the castle bath and the throne room and found no problems. For this reason I think one of two things happened:

A. You have only spoken to her outside of the house. You need to go into the house to progress her storyline further.
B. Some kind of very strange bug that does not appear naturally anywhere in the code has somehow caused her variable to be set to an extremely low value, so low that even going into the house won't fix it. This should be impossible but who knows, anything is possible.

Anyway, I'm not going to investigate this bug anymore unless you show me a screenshot of her interaction menu while you are standing inside of the house talking to her. If you got Chat/Leave to appear I'd be pretty surprised. If you can only get Chat/Nothing to appear, I'd like to see exactly which dialogue she is displaying. One of them should be impossible in the house. The other one should immediately progress her quest after it is shown. Either way, I don't currently see a way that she gets stuck, and would need to get more information before I could even begin to investigate.

Last edited:

Flamewolf

Oct 31, 2017
So I checked and when I talk to her in the house I get this:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Praise and Breastfeeding repeat the same dialogue, Other sends me to Chat and Leave. Chat also repeats dialogue. Upside, I learned how to use the Snipping Tool to take screenshots because my PrtSc button doesn't work.

MoriAPC

Game Developer
Jan 28, 2020
Flamewolf

Nevermind, just figured it out.

Update to the most recent version of the game. You're playing an old version. I can tell just by looking at Cherry's portrait, since newer versions of the game use her new portrait. Additionally, the Chat and Leave options do not appear like that in any branch of the game's current code.

Problem resolved.

• Angry
Reactions: Flamewolf
4.50 star(s) 44 Votes