MoriAPC

Game Developer
Jan 28, 2020
so not that I mind being the bad guy, but can you be good in this game? like chaotic but not evil? or will the story not advance and the demon lord just rant until you make evil choices?
The game is mostly focused around doing evil things, but I do like the give the players some choices in how to behave. I think one important thing to keep in mind is that the main character, Raptor, is a character. He is not intended to be a vanilla player insert with no personality. He has his own personalities, his own desires, goals, quirks, etc. etc. This is why the choices are typically weighted in a single direction. He can be pretty fickle, which is a good excuse for allowing the player to select how he'll behave at any given moment, but the way he speaks and acts always follows the same general tone.

Regarding Meradis, who I assume you're referring to as a "demon lord"(?), I'd say less than 10% of her content is done right now. So whether you make evil choices or not, you can't currently advance her story. If you mean the royal "THE STORY" when you say "the story" I think you're kinda mistaken about what kind of game this is. There's no meta narrative that you're forced to pursue in order to see new scenes. This is more like an anthology which contains many different storylines that you can follow at any pace, in any order. Advancing your dialogue with Meradis has almost no impact on any other story or interaction in the game.

Anyway, once Meradis has more scenes and more content added, there will be alternate ways to advance through her route. I can't really add the alternate ways yet because there is no content for them to lead to. If you look at how many of the other characters advance, you can get some idea of how this might be handled in a later, more complete version of the game.

DrLizardman

Apr 28, 2021
The game is mostly focused around doing evil things, but I do like the give the players some choices in how to behave. I think one important thing to keep in mind is that the main character, Raptor, is a character. He is not intended to be a vanilla player insert with no personality. He has his own personalities, his own desires, goals, quirks, etc. etc. This is why the choices are typically weighted in a single direction. He can be pretty fickle, which is a good excuse for allowing the player to select how he'll behave at any given moment, but the way he speaks and acts always follows the same general tone.

Regarding Meradis, who I assume you're referring to as a "demon lord"(?), I'd say less than 10% of her content is done right now. So whether you make evil choices or not, you can't currently advance her story. If you mean the royal "THE STORY" when you say "the story" I think you're kinda mistaken about what kind of game this is. There's no meta narrative that you're forced to pursue in order to see new scenes. This is more like an anthology which contains many different storylines that you can follow at any pace, in any order. Advancing your dialogue with Meradis has almost no impact on any other story or interaction in the game.

Anyway, once Meradis has more scenes and more content added, there will be alternate ways to advance through her route. I can't really add the alternate ways yet because there is no content for them to lead to. If you look at how many of the other characters advance, you can get some idea of how this might be handled in a later, more complete version of the game.
Ok thanks, and yea like I know you can pick the "love" path for some characters, even if they're pretty much just slaves anyway, and yeah Meradis is who I mean, your demon friends "boss".

Troqu

Aug 6, 2017
Personally I'm a big fan that Raptor can be evil and a bit of a dick to most people, but doesn't necessarily have to be cruel or crazy. So many games go "Your evil!" and then assume that doing evil things means you also want to do it in the vilest way possible, or alternatively actually make you a good person with some "evil" archetype that doesn't actually do evil like a Necromancer but they never bind a soul against their will. (Things like whether to actually cause pain during some scenes, or announcing the decision to let monsters have their way being optional is perfect in my book).

Reactions: DrLizardman

George Halstead

Oct 1, 2017
First off, i love the game. Secondly i like the amount of thought and imagination put into it. I need to do a restart of the game as i was not doing a lot of things right. I think i need to be more obvious and just start corrupting at the onset of taking over the kingdom to see some faster results.

Doc_main

Jan 25, 2020
Ayo, can one of you guys spot me a save? While I was deleting some hentai games, I accidentally deleted my old "APC" folder and downloaded the new updated game and realized I have to start from zero. Usually I would move my old game save folder into the updated game but had no save to transfer as it was gone. If y'all can help me, I would appreciate it a lot! Thanks for reading, and have a pleasant rest of your day.

MoriAPC

Game Developer
Jan 28, 2020
I've been thinking this week about the 2 week development cycle. There was actually a thread about it on the developer's forum as well, which is probably one of the things that got me thinking about it.

Anyway long story short we are moving into the late stage of development. There's only like 10 updates left until the game is done. And I think I would really prefer to make sure that I don't rush the end of development.

So for that reason I'm not going to be targeting 2 weeks per update anymore.

I'm only going to set goals for myself and then release updates when I think each version is complete.

This will also include pushing back the release of 0.89, maybe a few more days. Or just until I'm able to complete all of the content I wanted to put into it.

2 weeks per update was fine when I was cruising through development with no end in sight. But around the time I got sick, I released a lot of small updates without much content in them, and that set me back a lot. Additionally, now that the end is very close, I think it's more important to fit as much completed content into each update as possible. So that's the approach I'm going to take. I also no longer think it's needed to update very quickly in order to get people's attention, I think the game stands on its own merits at this point.

It's become a lot more typical for me to have to delay updates anyway. So rather than do that, I'll stop setting expectations in the first place. Or set the right expectations that the release date is a bit more fluid.

BruceMcGivern

Apr 19, 2020
It be sad to know MoriAPC wont be doing anymore RPG NSFW games.

But it be good to know that MoriAPC be doing greater SFW projects for better :D so excited to see how these last 10 updates will be handling out to the several characters like the aunt, the girl the MC can't corrupt or force fuck because its her other half and of course whatever closure ending you have for the mom & sisters <3

as well best of lucks to the anon artists and the other dudes in this project.

Lilithblackbriar

Oct 19, 2021
It's a shame that the MC can't go oon dates and marry and buy the house for both the MC and sylvia the other sister cherry I highly dislike if sylvia had the same options as cherry like marridge,buying the house to start a family and making sylvia the queen then that would be perfact but I never had these options there is not even an option to gift sylvia items why?

Lilithblackbriar

Oct 19, 2021
Hell yea, Sylvia wants to make a big family, what kind of big brother would we be if we denied her dream, she didn't say she was against all those children all at once either
Unfortunatly sylvia's story is not as good as cherry's but the progblem with cherry is she is a sugar baby/whore that is why I dislike cherry if sylvia had the option of marridge and mc buying the family house and making her the queen instead of the bad choice of cherry then sylvia would be the bst in the game.

4.50 star(s) 44 Votes