Dfour

Jul 15, 2017
Just to make sure you didn't miss our response — the in the picture below the purple-haired girl on the left is Reina's old sprite, and the blue-haired version on the right is the new one. Reina will get another visual rework in 2024 to make sure her sprite will fit in better with the existing Academy34 artstyle.

View attachment 3255253
View attachment 3255254
View attachment 3255259
To each one their own, Parah IS hot as fuck. We need more buff women ASAP

Reactions: derp9998

Young_Naughty

Game Developer
Dec 19, 2018
yun 20 patreon optimized.gif

YUN, EPILOGUE — PUBLIC RELEASE

Ah, Winter Holidays...

The time of magic, the time of miracles and cute little presents. It's the time when we all can get that small little bit of happiness to get us going, especially nowadays, with the world seemingly losing its mind and plunging into neverending chaos. We know full well how tough it might be, when you barely scraping remaining bits of your sanity just to get whatever task you have done. It's never easy, but it doesn't have to be this hard.

We all need a little rest, to breath out and relax. To let ourselves indulge in whatever things bring us joy.

Consider this to be our Christmas Present to You, the best community we could have ever wished for, and let it be an entryway into the best holiday seasons you ever had!

Your favorite meteorologist, Yun, is back with so, so many new scenes — four in total! After many months of being teased with those thirsty dialogue options that lead nowhere, you can finally use every single one of them, with each leading to a unique scenario. And don't worry, you can try all of them, as well as get a pleasant surprise for being so bold as to ask her out directly. After finishing Yun's route, just talk to her in the Academy corridor and pick whichever option you find the most appealing.

On top of that, later in January we will release our first ever set of proper, , that will bring these scenes in motion! By supporting this release you allow us to fund our efforts to animate as much of our game's content as possible, and, to be completely honest, it's does cost a f**king lot. So, please, if you want to see our game getting the treatment it deserves, be sure to play this update now! Every cent we get goes towards funding this project, and we hope that throughout the year we managed to prove just how much effort we put into this work, with SEVENTEEN releases in 2023 alone!

DOWNLOAD:
> <
MORE INFO:
> <

If you enjoy what we do and would like to take part in shaping our game's future, be sure to and get access to this and every upcoming closed testing, as well as many other rewards!

Dec 7, 2017
I tried my hand at brute forcing a name replacer while waiting for an in game to be added, but just couldn't get it working. I'm posting what I ended up with for anyone else who wants to give it a go. DISCLAIMER I have no idea what I am doing and unless you do it's probably not a good idea to run, even edited, random powershell scripts from strangers on the internet. They have the capability do serious damage to your system.

The idea was to use unren to decompile and unencrypt all the rpy files, then have a powershell script that finds all the rpy files within the 'game' folder, and after some filtering replace all the names. The replacer works and testing on just freya/thorin seemed to work fine in game, quest screens and dialogue were replaced.

However all hell broke loose when trying the rest. In particular renpy labels and sombras store were a problem, plus other issues that I couldn't identify as im not familiar with renpy debugging and the call stack wasnt particularly helpfull. Attached is a txt file version of the ps1 script. Feel free to use as you wish, although if anyone gets something working I would vey much appreciate you posting the result. Script was made with v0.19.1.2, it is possible new versions break stuff more than they already were.

Young_Naughty

Game Developer
Dec 19, 2018
I tried my hand at brute forcing a name replacer while waiting for an in game to be added, but just couldn't get it working. I'm posting what I ended up with for anyone else who wants to give it a go. DISCLAIMER I have no idea what I am doing and unless you do it's probably not a good idea to run, even edited, random powershell scripts from strangers on the internet. They have the capability do serious damage to your system.

The idea was to use unren to decompile and unencrypt all the rpy files, then have a powershell script that finds all the rpy files within the 'game' folder, and after some filtering replace all the names. The replacer works and testing on just freya/thorin seemed to work fine in game, quest screens and dialogue were replaced.

However all hell broke loose when trying the rest. In particular renpy labels and sombras store were a problem, plus other issues that I couldn't identify as im not familiar with renpy debugging and the call stack wasnt particularly helpfull. Attached is a txt file version of the ps1 script. Feel free to use as you wish, although if anyone gets something working I would vey much appreciate you posting the result. Script was made with v0.19.1.2, it is possible new versions break stuff more than they already were.
Thank you for putting in the effort! Your experience with implementing this feature is more or less reflective of our own, since the game wasn't built around it. The reason our own implementation is taking so long is because we have to go through the majority of existing code and rework it in a way, that would allow for such customization. While it was short sighted of us to do things the way they are now, at the time we couldn't even imagine that these changes would be necessary.

We'll do our best to patch this feature in asap.

Xypher

May 1, 2017
Since A34 is going for OC designs now, any chance for the game to be available on Steam? As a way to support the devs?

I understand the game is free at times, there are also a couple free AVNs on Steam platform.

Young_Naughty

Game Developer
Dec 19, 2018
Since A34 is going for OC designs now, any chance for the game to be available on Steam? As a way to support the devs?

I understand the game is free at times, there are also a couple free AVNs on Steam platform.
The game is indeed coming to Steam! As soon as we flash out the UX and rework outdated content, we'll publish it there.

Dec 7, 2017
Thank you for putting in the effort! Your experience with implementing this feature is more or less reflective of our own, since the game wasn't built around it. The reason our own implementation is taking so long is because we have to go through the majority of existing code and rework it in a way, that would allow for such customization. While it was short sighted of us to do things the way they are now, at the time we couldn't even imagine that these changes would be necessary.

We'll do our best to patch this feature in asap.
I very much appreciate the struggle after giving it a go myself, so much stuff is hardcoded that an entirely automated approach seems unlikely, especially since I didn't go through the effort of understanding the logic of the game code. Every new filter I added lead to some new error, most of my attempts I didn't keep so i didnt have them to put in the file. The hardest features to add are unplanned ones.

I'm curious what approach you took to changing the names initially, how much was automated similar to my approach and how much was pasting in replaced dialogue snippets and manually editing variables? I noticed the migrate files seem to have some automated migration between the names which is how I easily made the list of migration names. My assumption was that that was for saved game variables rather than game code, however I dont have any experience with renpy so I wansn't sure.

Jan 11, 2020
The game is indeed coming to Steam! As soon as we flash out the UX and rework outdated content, we'll publish it there.
Out of curiosity, for the hypothetical Steam version, would it be identical to the base version (aka public release rate), or equal to a patreon rank? Secondly, would it offer Hi-Res as a DLC?

Young_Naughty

Game Developer
Dec 19, 2018
Out of curiosity, for the hypothetical Steam version, would it be identical to the base version (aka public release rate), or equal to a patreon rank? Secondly, would it offer Hi-Res as a DLC?
It would be Hi-Res, but identical to the free version. Not because we are greedy, but because our Patron-releases sometimes cause issues that take weeks to resolve and patch, since we don't have enough testing capabilities to check every single bit of every update ourselves, especially when it comes to old saves or unintentional effects on other parts of the game. We would much rather prefer keeping Steam version as functional as our game could be, so no rushed releases there.

Young_Naughty

Game Developer
Dec 19, 2018
Will there be more Tracer content in the future? She's my favorite, canon be damned!!
Absolutely, we are reworking her route to get her closer to our current quality standards, but we'll keep her cheery and overly energetic nature. We'll keep her story fast-paced to match her character, but it won't be a "thanks for the homework, meet me at the pool" kind of deal.

I also attached updated design of Tracer (now named Sonya) below. It's just a reference for inner use, so don't mind difference between in-game art style, and this one.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Xypher

May 1, 2017
Since everything is getting reworked to OC designs. Will the Overwatch setting and lore get reworked as well as OC? Don't know if this was asked before so apologies for repeating it.

Last edited:
3.30 star(s) 37 Votes