Young_Naughty

Game Developer
Dec 19, 2018
So you've got multiple people working on this - where's all the work going? You're producing basically nothing.
It's only three of us: aritst, writer and programmer, but only two have time to work most of their time. We still can't afford to hire Cipheos, who's responsible for code, on a full-time basis, so usually when we add something huge and problematic (like X-Ray), it's more than a month of work for him. But even then, he must spend all his weekends, from 10am to 10pm working on code for us, just to finish it in time. As all people, he have his own life and we can't forse him to, basically, gave up all his personal interests just to make update faster, considering the fact, that we wouldn't even be able to pay for all those lost hours. It's usually about 1.5-2 months to finish art and script, and about 2 months to code it in the game. That's why updates take us so long.

We said many times, that we REALLY want to change it asap, hire him and, maybe, find an additional aritst after. Then we will be able to add content at least once every month.

Last edited:

WindIsHowling

Aug 5, 2017
It's only three of us: aritst, writer and programmer, and only two have time to work most of their time. We still can't afford to hire programmer on a full-time basis, so, usually, when we add something big and problematic (like X-Ray), it's more than a month of work for him if he will work on every his weekend whole day, from 10am to 10pm. And, as all people, he have his own life and we can't forse him to, basically, gave up all his personal interests just to make update faster, considering the fact, that we wouldn't even able to pay for all those lost hours. It's usually about 1.5-2 months to finish art and script and about 2 months to code it in the game. That's why updates take us so long.

We said many times, that we REALLY want to change it asap, hire him and, maybe, find an additional aritst after. Then we will be able to add content at least once every month.
There are sole part time devs producing more work than you guys by a large margin - this isn't an excuse.

Cipheos

Young & Naughty's magician
Donor
Game Developer
Jan 14, 2018
There are sole part time devs producing more work than you guys by a large margin - this isn't an excuse.
Honestly I have a lot of respect for those devs. But at the same time the majority of them are not professional programmers, writers or artists, very rarely all three. A lot of developers have more free time than we do, a lot have lower cost of living. Not all, but a lot actually do. And we are definitely on the worst side of that spectrum of possibilities.

So we need three people, because we all only have one skill. That's by no means an advantage. I myself work 60 hours a week just to keep my lights on. The amount of free time I have invested in this project is immeasurable. And still I am considering moving 1500 miles away from my family just to cut my cost of living in order to do more work with less support. Now I wouldn't be doing that for anyone else besides myself (and Y&N), but if I really wanted easy money I probably wouldn't be here at all.

If this were a money grab we would be using DAZ 3D and sticking to a standard visual novel, without any of the extra features. But that's not what this is. And we're not claiming to be a h-scene assembly line either, you can put that in the OP to clear up any confusion. We're asking for the support of people who appreciate what we do, even if it's not going to be the best value for their money.

We work very hard and I am sorry that we don't seem to agree about the things we invest our time in. But there's no need for defamation and there is certainly no reason to attack the people who do believe in what we do. It's exhausting enough that every other page someone who has never supported us somehow appears to feel ripped off and offended by the lack of bobs and vagene.

Cipheos

Donor
Game Developer
Jan 14, 2018
It's a groundhog day week. Baring the introduction day, it's the same week over and over and over in a loop. Same exact classes each day of the week. Very repetitive. One of the worst repetitive parts is Monday's. You must repeat the same sex scene every week. The scene is fine, but I don't want to see it for the 10th time grinding it out. Very repetitive with almost no variation. It's painful to get back into the x-ray glasses menu from phone when going place to place as well.
Haha yea it is. Sorry about that. I'll see if there's anything I can do to make the xray menu more intuitive for the next version. You really shouldn't be seeing the Mercy sex scene every week though. Could I bother you for your save file so I can reproduce it?

Cipheos

Donor
Game Developer
Jan 14, 2018
Check the MC's notes in phone. It's literally walkthrough.
I notice a lot of people have trouble finding how to trigger a quest line. With the next minor version I will make it so that the todo list shows hints about starting a quest line. Is that ok Young_Naughty?

Young_Naughty

Game Developer
Dec 19, 2018
I notice a lot of people have trouble finding how to trigger a quest line. With the next minor version I will make it so that the todo list shows hints about starting a quest line. Is that ok Young_Naughty?
We better should make quest be triggered without talking to Brigitta. That'll makes things much easier.

Last edited:

ximekaho

Jun 7, 2017
Honestly I have a lot of respect for those devs. But at the same time the majority of them are not professional programmers, writers or artists, very rarely all three. A lot of developers have more free time than we do, a lot have lower cost of living. Not all, but a lot actually do. And we are definitely on the worst side of that spectrum of possibilities.

So we need three people, because we all only have one skill. That's by no means an advantage. I myself work 60 hours a week just to keep my lights on. The amount of free time I have invested in this project is immeasurable. And still I am considering moving 1500 miles away from my family just to cut my cost of living in order to do more work with less support. Now I wouldn't be doing that for anyone else besides myself (and Y&N), but if I really wanted easy money I probably wouldn't be here at all.

If this were a money grab we would be using DAZ 3D and sticking to a standard visual novel, without any of the extra features. But that's not what this is. And we're not claiming to be a h-scene assembly line either, you can put that in the OP to clear up any confusion. We're asking for the support of people who appreciate what we do, even if it's not going to be the best value for their money.

We work very hard and I am sorry that we don't seem to agree about the things we invest our time in. But there's no need for defamation and there is certainly no reason to attack the people who do believe in what we do. It's exhausting enough that every other page someone who has never supported us somehow appears to feel ripped off and offended by the lack of bobs and vagene.
I pretty much never leave comments but I have to say, seeing you all remain civil and open despite the rude, entitled, and often non-constructive comments is worthy of applause.

Cipheos

Donor
Game Developer
Jan 14, 2018
Pardon, but in the meantime would it be possible to know where Bridgette/Brigitta is?
Nevermind: She's in the hallway on wednesdays (at least)
Yea this has been said many times but I know it's a pain to look through previous pages for answers. Young_Naughty how could we better communicate these things to prevent having to inform everyone personally? I know we're going to update the game but every update it's something, you know?

PervyRaiko

Dec 13, 2018

I really don't get how people can't understand that not everyone is the same...of course different teams will have different lifestyles/schedules.

Personally I'm happy just with the fact that an Overwatch fangame that looks this good exists (I seriously love the artstyle, mad respect to the artist) and for a game like OW that has a deep lore but not much of a narrative story I'm excited to see what you guys keep doing with the school setting, it sure looks like fun.

Keep up the good work at your own healthy pace :)

Cipheos

Donor
Game Developer
Jan 14, 2018
I pretty much never leave comments but I have to say, seeing you all remain civil and open despite the rude, entitled, and often non-constructive comments is worthy of applause.
Thank you, that's really kind, maybe a bit too kind. I know I get offended a lot :rolleyes:

3.30 star(s) 37 Votes