VN Ren'Py Accidental Assignment (Development Thread)[Cainito Studio]

PxGames

Game Developer
Oct 2, 2020
patreon.png
Greetings,

This is the creative team behind Under the moonlight - here with the announcement of our next game 'Accidental Assignment' (Tentative Title).

Synopsis:

AA is an office-centric erotic visual novel, where you (a low-level spy in an elite agency) infiltrate a start-up company on the request of the CEO's father.

At its core, AA will be a slice-of-life, romance with a bit of mystery thrown into it.

Planned Tags:

The game focuses purely on vanilla level tags like masturbation, teasing, blowjob, vaginal sex, and so on. But that's about the extent of it.

There will be no incest, cheating, blackmail, etc.

Development Status:

0.1 has been released. You can check it HERE

Last edited:

Arisushi

Game Developer
Jul 9, 2020
Greetings,

This is the writer of the 'Accidental Assignment' project. Here to give a short and quick intro about the game and our vision for it.

As mentioned in the thread description, AA is primarily a slice-of-life which revolves around group of people in an office environment.

(Of course, it will also have elements of mystery in it too, but that needs to be given the time it needs to grow naturally.)

---

Right from our first project UTM, JPace (the artist) and I were always inclined towards telling stories characters who were in their mid-to-late twenties.

However, at the same time, we didn't want to create a world where everyone was going to be responsible adults who only make the right (or the most beneficial) choices all the time.

So, though AA is made in a way to be a very fun experience overall, we also believe in giving the characters enough space to make mistakes, be immature & impulsive at times (and, of course, horny) - i.e. be more human.

So, we're really excited to see how each of our characters are received in the upcoming demo and how each of them grow on different sections of our audience as more updates come in the future.

- Arisushimake.

Last edited:

hiya02

Oct 14, 2019
I hope you can avoid the stereotypical NPCs and come up with something more unique. +1 for not going to the landlady/roommate train

Reactions: Arisushi

Arisushi

Game Developer
Jul 9, 2020
I hope you can avoid the stereotypical NPCs and come up with something more unique. +1 for not going to the landlady/roommate train
I'm not going to lie and say we're here to revolutionize the scene by breaking all troupes.

However, we are doing our best to keep things fresh and make sure the characters feel interesting / properly fleshed-out.

Hopefully, all that effort will show in the game :)

Arisushi

Game Developer
Jul 9, 2020
Character Reveal #1 - Gilbert

Gilbert (new).jpg

Meet Gilbert, who is here to kick off our "Character Intro" event for this thread.

He is one of the recurring characters in the game, who is kind of like the "care bear" of the office. You probably won't be seeing too much of him in the initial two updates, but he will have a very memorable role in the game.

Last edited:
Reactions: Reifon

Arisushi

Game Developer
Jul 9, 2020
Character Reveal #2 - Caroline

Caroline (Work).jpg

Meet Caroline, a soft-spoken intern, who is still in her final year of college.

Being the youngest in the team, Caroline is often the receiver of everyone's doting and praise. (Well, almost everyone.)

She is one of the potential love interests in the game. Her love route will be all about exploring the "older male, younger female" dynamic - in a tasteful and romantic way.

Last edited:
Reactions: nln0 and Reifon

Arisushi

Game Developer
Jul 9, 2020
Character Reveal #3 - Megan

Megan.jpg

Meet Megan - a stoic, 'no nonsense' authoritarian whose tough exterior will be hard to crack open.

If you wish to pursue her, you better be ready to make some tough calls. (In stark contrast to Caroline) Megan's route is all about the "older female, younger male" dynamic.

Arisushi

Game Developer
Jul 9, 2020
Character Reveal #4 - Ryan

Ryan.jpg
Meet Ryan - One half of the office's mischievous duo.

Though a real prankster at heart, Ryan is actually pretty tame in his shenanigans, compared to a certain someone (who will be revealed next)

He may not be the most ideal co-worker in a "professional" environment, but having him on your side is always a good thing.

PxGames

Game Developer
Oct 2, 2020
Character Reveal #5 - Bonnie

Bonnie.jpg

Meet Bonnie - The other half of the office's mischievous duo. (No, she will not be roaming without pants in the office.)

Smart and vivacious - Bonnie loves being enthusiastic about (almost) everything in life. She's the kind of person you need to actively take an effort to keep up with.

Pursuing Bonnie as a romantic interest might take a bit of a toll on your energy, but if you do manage to make the connection, you will be showered with some sweet, sweet rewards.

PxGames

Game Developer
Oct 2, 2020
The Demo has been released. The link has been added in the first post :giggle:

Arisushi

Game Developer
Jul 9, 2020
Character Reveal Bio #6 - Jessica

Jessica final.jpg

(Now that the demo is out, we can finally talk about the remaining characters.)

Meet Jessica - Your ex-girlfriend (with a heart of gold) who happens to be in the same office you're infiltrating.

Your sudden return in her life is probably going to put her in a state of introspection (and a bit of dilemma).

(To be very honest, she's probably the character I look forward to writing the most. But that's just me.)

Whether you choose to rekindle the old fire or keep it a friendly reunion is entirely up to you.

Arisushi

Game Developer
Jul 9, 2020
Character Bio #7 - Ashley

Ashley v2.jpg

Meet Ashley - The primary love interest of AA and the one around whom the entire story revolves.

Some see Ashley as a goody two-shoes, princess type. And even she will admit that is true to a certain extent.

However, at the same time, she also feels she's not as innocent and righteous as others make her out to be. And that - there's more to her than just her 'graciousness' and 'rich upbringing'.

Make the right decisions and she might open up to you, showing facets of herself that she'll never show to anyone else.

Arisushi

Game Developer
Jul 9, 2020
Character Bio #8 - The Protagonist

MC.jpg

Meet the protagonist of our game - Yes, we're doing one for him too.

Though he is meant to be a vehicle for players to experience the world of AA, the protagonist is not a blank slate in any way.

As you've already seen in the demo, he has his own history (and secrets to keep.)

And just like the other characters in this game, as the game progresses - you will get to know more about him too :)

PxGames

Game Developer
Oct 2, 2020
First update (0.1) has been released on our page and also on F95

• Yay, new update!
Reactions: osanaiko

drfronkonstinmd

Game Developer
Apr 1, 2020
Having worked in graphic design and advertising for more than 15 years, the realism in this game is giving me PTSD and I'm saying that as a compliment. The story is clearly a slow burn and the whole experience feels way more realistic than most games here which, to me is great. Sometimes you want to play something that's completely bonkers and throws giant tits to your face from the first scene, and sometimes you feel like playing a game for the story and the relationships you're slowly building. So far I'm really digging all the characters, so all I can say is keep up the good work.

Reactions: PxGames