Others Tutorial Advanced post-work

Empiric

Throbbing Member
Respected User
Game Developer
Jan 13, 2020
I made this simple guide: https://f95zone.to/threads/simple-post-work-and-tricks-for-your-renders.105767/ a while back. It's now a bit outdated. So I'll just revisit things I do differently now and build on that. Share some tutorials which helped me alongside it.

I won't explain things in detail, I'll just mention things you do to get from first image to the second one and link you to the relevant guide, if necessary.
pwg.png pwg2.png

The scene itself:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
2 guide f.JPG

Now I'll go step by step to explain each layer:

Simple post-work:
More advanced techniques:
Mood:
What you can do using color grading is also change the mood of the picture completely. Here I changed the color lookup table from Fall colors to From day to night and added Crisp winter one to add blue. Then I also played with the gradient map and added more blue. Since this was supposed to simulate evening render, I rendered out the image with only scene lights instead of the original hdri and added them to image simulating artificial lighting.
pwg3.png pwg4.png
I applied the additional image using screen mode and using the mask I added it at different opacities to the character and to the background, with higher opacity on the character. I went more in depth on how to render and add lights separately in the previous tutorial.

lights.png 8 mood.JPG

Here is a PSD file if anyone wants to take a look at it:

Last edited:

Empiric

Throbbing Member
Respected User
Game Developer
Jan 13, 2020
*For outside dev-only subforum reference.

The scene itself:

Last edited:
Reactions: Noegrets