HTML Advice for creating clips (gifs and webms) out of full-length videos?

bobkelly113

Aug 24, 2018
Hello,

I have downloaded some videos I want to use as material for my game(s). I was wondering what people recommend for creating gifs, webms, and pictures out of full length videos? I've tried googling, and see mentions of Adobe Premier Pro and the like. But not sure which would be a good one for my usecase

How do people normally create these assets? Like in games like The Company and so on

Thank you!

MissFortune

I Was Once, Possibly, Maybe, Perhaps… A Harem King
Respected User
Game Developer
Aug 17, 2019
Hello,

I have downloaded some videos I want to use as material for my game(s). I was wondering what people recommend for creating gifs, webms, and pictures out of full length videos? I've tried googling, and see mentions of Adobe Premier Pro and the like. But not sure which would be a good one for my usecase

How do people normally create these assets? Like in games like The Company and so on

Thank you!
Premiere Pro with Fnord (for WebM export. Not sure if PP still doesn't natively export it.) is going to be the quickest. Though, not necessarily the cheapest. DaVinci Resolve is another free, and very good, option. Though both that and the former would largely be overkill. Not entirely sure if DVR exports webm, either. OpenShot is free, and exports WebM.

GIFs tend to be much larger from a file size perspective. I'd avoid them unless you absolutely have to have them. WebM for HTML is far, far better. At least as far what's currently supported by Twine (last I checked, at least.).

bobkelly113

Aug 24, 2018
Premiere Pro with Fnord (for WebM export. Not sure if PP still doesn't natively export it.) is going to be the quickest. Though, not necessarily the cheapest. DaVinci Resolve is another free, and very good, option. Though both that and the former would largely be overkill. Not entirely sure if DVR exports webm, either. OpenShot is free, and exports WebM.

GIFs tend to be much larger from a file size perspective. I'd avoid them unless you absolutely have to have them. WebM for HTML is far, far better. At least as far what's currently supported by Twine (last I checked, at least.).
I appreciate it. I'm going to check these options out

Reactions: MissFortune