Daz Advice on male genitals (which one is best?)

Jul 23, 2017
Hey all!

I'm making a renpy game and am using Daz3D gen8 figures for the renders in the game (using iray renderer)
For my G8F characters I am using two different genitals

I am using this one;
https://f95zone.to/threads/female-genitals-for-genesis-8-female-iray.95957/

and this one (with the expansion pack);
https://f95zone.to/threads/new-gens-for-victoria-8-2021-01-21-g3f-g8f-g8-1f.10617/
https://f95zone.to/threads/new-gens-for-victoria-8-expansion-pack.30381/

So for the G8M what genitals should I use? Is there anything to consider when picking the right one?
At the moment I have this one installed
https://f95zone.to/threads/dicktator-for-genesis-8-male.7758/

Should I consider any others or have I by chance already picked the best one? Any pitfalls to look out for when picking the male gens

The female gens I picked based off of the appearances of them, for some characters the first one suited the look the best and for others the new gens for victoria 8 offered the best range of looks and options (fluids, 3D pubic hair if needed, etc....)

But looking at the male gens available I've not really seen or understood the differences nor been able to decide a best one. So seeking advice here from the experts (I'm a complete novice at Daz3D)

MissFortune

I Was Once, Possibly, Maybe, Perhaps… A Harem King
Respected User
Game Developer
Aug 17, 2019
The first one isn't bad, but it's lacking majorly in any sort of customization. Offering less than New Gens (if I remember correctly, at least, it's been a minute since I've used anything other than New Gens.), which is telling. Golden Palace may be another option to look at for the sake of diversity, but expect a bit of frustration with shaping the gens themselves and making it look good in certain poses.

NGV8/8.1 offer the best looks/realism and enough customization to get the job done. But they will end up looking a bit sameish if that's all you use.

So for the G8M what genitals should I use? Is there anything to consider when picking the right one?
At the moment I have this one installed
https://f95zone.to/threads/dicktator-for-genesis-8-male.7758/
Dicktator with Pumping Pole and Stereo Love (for the butthole, if it ever needs to be shown.) are probably the best mix. might be another solid option to look like, but I haven't used it, so I don't really want to speak on it as if I have.

coffeeaddicted

Apr 13, 2021
I can only speak for myself but this is what i use and i am quite happy with it.

Golden Palace for the female and Dicktator for the male.
Both work pretty well and have some more specific addon available.

When i started out i was using wet preset for the male which looks kind of real. Though no other options with it really.

And i did use DAZ gens for the female. Was alright for the beginning.

I think the one i mentioned above seem to be the best. Once you figure out how the geoshell works.
Recently i used a tattoo on a character and it used a geoshell. It was horrible.

Anyway, i agree with everything that was said. New gens seems fine too though has lesser options i think.
The best thing is, to try them all out and settle for one later.
The most important lesson for me using these parts was the actually learn about the geoshell.

Reactions: Innocent Chloe
Jul 23, 2017
I can only speak for myself but this is what i use and i am quite happy with it.

Golden Palace for the female and Dicktator for the male.
Both work pretty well and have some more specific addon available.

When i started out i was using wet preset for the male which looks kind of real. Though no other options with it really.

And i did use DAZ gens for the female. Was alright for the beginning.

I think the one i mentioned above seem to be the best. Once you figure out how the geoshell works.
Recently i used a tattoo on a character and it used a geoshell. It was horrible.

Anyway, i agree with everything that was said. New gens seems fine too though has lesser options i think.
The best thing is, to try them all out and settle for one later.
The most important lesson for me using these parts was the actually learn about the geoshell.
OMG, geoshells have been an absolute nightmare!

I've been avoiding them outright for the moment on any scenes where gens are involved as they seem to mess up the textures of the gens. I'm sure there is a fix to it but beyond my current knowledge as I've just started with Daz a few months ago

I did see that dicktator had a geoshell fix script though, haven't had chance to test it yet. But hopefully it resolves any issues with geoshells on male gens.

As on female gens I use, on both I linked above I keep having conflicts when I apply a geoshell - on the lifelike nipple grafts as well.

If I'm unclear I can post a screenshot of what I mean seems you may even know the solution/workaround for the geoshell issues I've been having.

coffeeaddicted

Apr 13, 2021
OMG, geoshells have been an absolute nightmare!

I've been avoiding them outright for the moment on any scenes where gens are involved as they seem to mess up the textures of the gens. I'm sure there is a fix to it but beyond my current knowledge as I've just started with Daz a few months ago

I did see that dicktator had a geoshell fix script though, haven't had chance to test it yet. But hopefully it resolves any issues with geoshells on male gens.

As on female gens I use, on both I linked above I keep having conflicts when I apply a geoshell - on the lifelike nipple grafts as well.

If I'm unclear I can post a screenshot of what I mean seems you may even know the solution/workaround for the geoshell issues I've been having.
Just go ahead.

As for dicktator, i never really have another geoshell applied to my males.
But, i hope i can explain it in a way that is easy.

The first time is always scary but once you know it, it's getting easier.

Usually the script that is included works for me.
So it should copy your figure textures to the gen with no problems.

Do you use them on the same figure?
From what i understand, you can only have one. I am not sure if that is what you meant.

Please post, i am sure we can figure it out.

Jul 23, 2017
Just go ahead.

As for dicktator, i never really have another geoshell applied to my males.
But, i hope i can explain it in a way that is easy.

The first time is always scary but once you know it, it's getting easier.

Usually the script that is included works for me.
So it should copy your figure textures to the gen with no problems.

Do you use them on the same figure?
From what i understand, you can only have one. I am not sure if that is what you meant.

Please post, i am sure we can figure it out.
So when I apply a geoshell on my G8F figure which has a nipple graft and gens this happens;
1666657038800.png

This applies to any geoshell
And I've tested with both the female gens
https://f95zone.to/threads/female-genitals-for-genesis-8-female-iray.95957/
https://f95zone.to/threads/new-gens-for-victoria-8-2021-01-21-g3f-g8f-g8-1f.10617/

Now on the geoshell obviously I can tell it not to be applied to those areas but then it still stands out that the skin is different;
1666657406875.png

And while this applies to any geoshell, the geoshell example used above is this one;
https://f95zone.to/threads/iray-wetfx-2-g8-g8-1.110505/

Now luckily the nipple graft actually includes a geoshell fix script;
1666657886568.png

Which does fix the issue for the nipples;
1666657908557.png

But neither of the female gens I use seem to have a geoshell fix script - with how popular the new gens for victoria are I am surprised they don't have the geoshell fix. Futalicious has it as do a lot of the nipple grafts and some of the male gens as well I see now too.

Diktator for example has it;
1666658545861.png

But for my female gens I have no idea how to fix the geoshell issue. Shame a fix is not included with these assets and I was unable to find a third party asset that is a universal geoshell fixing tool though it may exist?

coffeeaddicted

Apr 13, 2021
Well, i assume the fix switches off and on parameters.

Disclaimer. I don't know if you already know that. Hopefully it helps, otherwise i kind of running out of suggestions.

If you do it manually, you can try to find the switches that matter to your asset.

For example, i am using Golden Palace, Lickadicious and Easy Nylons. Each has it's own Geoshell. So you will have to find the one that needs to be disabled.
Trust me, this drives me sometimes nuts. Because there are assets you don't think about. Like a tattoo that has a geoshell and blocks your tongue.
So you should check the geoshell themself. There is probably one switch that needs to be turned off on your gen (NG).
It takes a little time but with multiple geoshells there is perhaps a tradeoff.
I am not sure if that will solve your problem but for me it usually does. Not everything comes with a fix sadly. To be honest, i never used a fix.

2022-10-24 19_33_14-DAZ Studio 4.21 Pro.jpg 2022-10-24 19_34_10-DAZ Studio 4.21 Pro.jpg

Last edited:
Jul 23, 2017
Well, i assume the fix switches off and on parameters.

Disclaimer. I don't know if you already know that. Hopefully it helps, otherwise i kind of running out of suggestions.

If you do it manually, you can try to find the switches that matter to your asset.

For example, i am using Golden Palace, Lickadicious and Easy Nylons. Each has it's own Geoshell. So you will have to find the one that needs to be disabled.
Trust me, this drives me sometimes nuts. Because there are assets you don't think about. Like a tattoo that has a geoshell and blocks your tongue.
So you should check the geoshell themself. There is probably one switch that needs to be turned off on your gen (NG).
It takes a little time but with multiple geoshells there is perhaps a tradeoff.
I am not sure if that will solve your problem but for me it usually does. Not everything comes with a fix sadly. To be honest, i never used a fix.

View attachment 2122727 View attachment 2122728
yeah that's what I have done here;
1666703016778.png

Reactions: Killerbee8967
Jul 23, 2017
Looks like the wet texture isn't working on these parts.
I am sure you tried everything so far but i have no clue myself other than to reapply the wetness. Is that also a shell perhaps?
I am thinking of just outright switching gens, maybe using this one as it includes a geoshell fix script;

1666705274468.png