Ren'Py - Agent17 [v0.23.10] [HEXATAIL]

1. 2.00 star(s)

htc89234

On one side, the game has an undeniable level of VISUAL polish. UI is incredible. The path viewer in-game is also incredible. The renders are all also very good.

On the other, the game lacks direction. The Storytelling is hair-wrenchingly annoying at times (you're forced to play a character that's basically a dumbass sociopath and there ain't much you can do about it); there's no real overarching story and every girl feels fairly independent (a common yet still underwhelming aspect of most of these pick your girl type games); some routes "exist" but even choosing the other option is stupid as they are either not yet implemented OR simply have a stub of content compared to the other (usually darker/morally corrupt) route.

The puzzle minigame could be interesting but it uses AI Art. Solving a puzzle is where I'd like the drawing to make sense and be real-world coherent. It is not. Thankfully, it starts off piss easy to the point it's more of a chore to do it than anything else, but it gets annoying later on.

Lastly, an issue - perhaps THE BIGGEST issue - with the game itself is how it plays. The developer is clearly good at what he does from a programming standpoint. Unfortunately, that did not translate well to his game loop. To view scenes, we need resources, that are drained every time we continue a character storyline. We can recharge these resources at Night Time, at the end of each day. The resource grinding is disgustingly boring and it gates you out of continuing character content for no real good reason. You could try skipping time so you could get back your resources faster, but the skip time button has a cooldown which can be lowered with items but is still a hassle to go through. Turning on dev console will then make the game unplayable by accusing you of cheating.

No one would try cheating if you used an actual decent gameplay loop.

It's clear the programmer/developer of this is in a constant war of trying to keep you inside the game with it open in a shitty loop where continuing scenes is gated behind a resource-based, time-based system... that no one gives a fuck about - obviously as if they did, they'd just play the game and not attempt to cheat or skip it - so he tries to keep you from bypassing it. There's no real reason to. The game is made worse because of it as the Dev attempts (and ultimately of course fails as is usual with anti-cheats) to make you interact with the game the way he envisioned it.

Unenjoyable.
  2. 5.00 star(s)

T4t0rt

Ok, i admit: this game is cool.
    Yes, lot of dark option, but even chances to go on the "right" path.
    Yes, lot of grind (sometimes, really frustrating, but ok).
    Yes, lot of girls.(really, a lot).
    Yes, if there was a bit of walkthrough, or a better explanation of how to increase the hearts for each girls would be nice.
    But, in the end, is definitely a very good game.
  3. 5.00 star(s)

geeemic

This is, without a doubt, thee best construction-in-progress game I've ever experienced. Clean UI, adequate amount of money farming... and the scenes... hooorah. Can't wait till the rest of the games to be developed.
  4. 5.00 star(s)

NoRidemption

Definitely one of my favorite and best game here in f95zone. Pretty good looking character models, amazing renders, great storyline and interesting plot (Ntr excluded) Not a fan of ntr but its great because ntr is avoidable.

There are new codes that are available and always updated on web to help you skip grinding so you dont have to complain about grinding.
  5. 1.00 star(s)

Just_Monikaaaa

I want to rate it 0%. It's not a game or even jerk-off material; it's more like a grinding machine.

You grind and keep grinding from the very beginning to the end, and this game even cuckblocks you the minute you get money from other sources then grinding for cheating (Besides I didn't even cheat and still got cucked).

A doormat MC + Forced Li's + Lack of personality (Almost doesn't exist in any Li's.) + Brat MC with 9 year old mind, who despite bitches coming onto to him due to plot armor but goes around raping left and right.

Yep. A complete garbage heap is what 'Agent17' is.
  6. 5.00 star(s)

Paraducks

This game is underrated. I'd played a lot of Ren'py games, and Agent17 is still making me surprised with pleasure. Excellent modeling, reasonable update time, it's very precious now. Some games even take very long time to be updated.
  7. 5.00 star(s)

Unglued

I don't usually leave reviews but this was great. It is grindy at times and I used the cheat mod to streamline it a bit but I felt like there was a good build up toward certain events. The story is interesting and the concept is new.
  8. 2.00 star(s)

tsontakias21

Although I like the models, the grinding is AWFUL to say the least, some paths are way underdeveloped which combined with all the tedious mechanics that surround the game makes it impossible to have a second playthrough and what the hell is up with negotiation puzzle and making me wipe cum from the floor!!!! SKIP!!!!!!!!!!!!
  9. 3.00 star(s)

sorrkia

(V.0.23)

Why does the game get grindier and grindier with each update? Save editing is not allowed too. The 2 recent major updates managed to squeeze in more grind than actual story or scenes.

If you managed to get pass, ignore or un-grind the grind, the scenes and girls model are actually top tier. The story is abit undesired as the resource for it is probably used to make the game more grindy.

Solid 5/5 when it first came out, but 3/5 right now. Ofc if you dont mind/bypassed the grind, its a 5/5
  10. 1.00 star(s)

MikesDK

I really like the story plot where MC got some power by calling an agent to kick someones ass, but the lack of choices is idiotic, someone kicked MCs ass and stole all hes money and then hes goes ok fine you can give me a BJ instend? i mean who the fuck says i would even want that from the bitch? make her work as a hooker to pay you off would be a better choice then that shit.

So yes game forced LIs on you which is another thing i hate, just walking into a freaking store LIs will jump on MC to play with hes dick...game does have a relationship system but for what reason i have no idea when all it does is force shit on you.

This could have been a good story with great potential but i just couldent get that far into it, when MC learns a student/friend of hes is working in a brothel and he blackmails her into doing shit with him it just got to much for me, if you atleast had a choice to a good guy and help her out somehow instend that be fine but blackmailing her to let you fuck her its idiotic.

Which leads to MC being nothing but a pervert with a mindset of a 12 year old thinking every single girl is hot, i mean stop this shitty and cringy thought process for MCs, let the players think on their own if someone is hot or not anything else feels idiotic if you like to put you self in MCs shoes like alot do.. this kind of thinking just makes it impossible to do that.

And why the fuck does MC have to jerk off in the bathroom? who the fuck cant go to bed because he needs to jerk off......gimme a break.
    And to really make this game a waste of time, there is a freaking timer on skipping time??? fuck me....

Animations are about average.

Sandbox isent that bad it is very grindy and you do the same shit over and over which just isent fun either.
  11. 1.00 star(s)

Clarence2992

If you like repetitive grindy games where the developer will only make it easier for you if you pay him more this one's for you. Let's not forget the anticheat bullshit he implemented, feels like a Ubisoft release with all that bloat.
  12. 5.00 star(s)

Connoisseur NTR

I don't recommend 'Agent 17' to those who dislike puzzle/mini-games and repetitive grinding. However, the game features good models, multiple paths to choose from, an okay storyline, smooth animations, and a good UI. Despite these positive aspects, the main character is portrayed as a stupid pervert/creep. Overall, I found the game to be enjoyable.
  13. 1.00 star(s)

DrippinCece

Even though I like some aspects of the game having decent models and animations - I hate for the devs who go extra mile to block players using mods/cheats. Yeah, this dev doesn't like the idea that people have to work, have a life, etc. You need to grind your ass off for hours and give up working, spending time with friends, studying, doing other hobbies, sleeping, etc. just to fap playing an adult game.

I'll wait for this game to finish, activate the anti-anti-anti whatever cheat and play it, without new updates it won't mess up your achievements. Less downloads, money and visibility for the dev too, so maybe he can understand that we don't WORK with his game (like he does) and we don't have the amount of time to do the endless grind HE thinks is cool.
  14. 5.00 star(s)

tyuiopson

Is it grindy? yes it is but I do like the game purely for the Art and animation as it has very good quality h scenes imo.
    Major cons as others mentions is the grind and no work arounds which is not ideal but it feels kinda worth when taking into account the quality of scenes.

Scenes have decent replayability as well.This game has one of the better questmaps i have seen in renpy as you would know what to do if you check the questmap(if you dont take into account the incredible grind and minigames)

the reason for my 5 stars is I hope that the game would develop more and continue as I really dig the style and animations and is without a doubt on of the better renpy games out there.

the greatest thing that i dont like in this game is the puzzle in the computer as i really suck at puzzles
  15. 1.00 star(s)

NightToRepel

Game version: v0.23.6

After playing for a long time i gave up it became a waste of time.

I really hate the way the game is grindier than the last.
    - before this update you can LOCKPICK all the doors without any LOCKPICK skill lvl requirements.
    - DONATING SPERM can gain you 70 money(HIGHEST POSSIBLE INCOME) but after this update the money u receive depends on your LUST METER the Higher the LUST the more the money u gain but up to 70 which is the same from last update.
    - LUST METER WHEN ITS FULL CAN'T LET U SLEEP, U NEED TO EFFIN MASTURBATE IN THE BATHROOM[YES NOT IN YOUR ROOM] TO ADVANCE THE PASSAGE OF TIME. LAST UPDATE IT "DOESN'T HAVE THIS" SO YOU CAN ADVANCE NORMALLY LIKE A NORMAL EFFIN REN'PY GAME.
    -DEV uses Ai Art for the puzzles that increase you skill lvl.
    -LETS TALK ABOUT SKILLS, IT BECAME FRICKIN SKYRIM YOU NEED TO REPEAT THE SAME ACTION OVER AND OVER AGAIN TO GAIN SKILL EXP SO THAT U CAN LVL UP YOUR SKILLS. YOU NEED TO PICK LIKE 2 LOCKS TO GO PROGRESS TO LVL 2. WELL MORE, U NEED TO PICK MORE LOCKS TO PROGRESS TO 3 AND SO ON... SOME DOORS NEED A HIGHER LOCKPICK LVL TO PICK THEM. THE PROBLEM IS, THE GAME HAS LIKE 3-7 DOORS THAT IS LOCK PICKABLE, MOST DOORS HAS PASSWORDS OR KEY WHICH IS THE LOCKPICK LVL IS USELESS. Not to mention you're locked in that skill level before you progress any further it's not even retroactive.

I really love the girls, for me it's the maids.

I love "most" girls are submissive and negative iq.

MC is pathetic as hell he blackmails, steal, manipulative and a creep.

Conclusion:
    Dev just add useless progressions/grindy shit show how Incompetent he is. Rather than smooth progression with more sex scenes... he adds shit slow/halt progression to say that he has a 2hrs worth of updates but has less sex scenes. THIS IS a Hentai game not a Gacha. YOU CAN'T EVEN CHEAT HE ADDS A ANTI-CHEAT SYSTEM.
  16. 5.00 star(s)

bobo_monkey

Waaaay underated gem.
    It had a rough start with some silly ideas and content but the author hit his stride and if you enjoy the tags this is a true gem and one of the top 10 for sure (tags being: Forced, rough, humiliation, um basically rape, basically being a total douche scumbag hehe)
    The mc comes of as an idiot but thats his charm. I didnt understand to start but he grows on you and I find myself agreeing more and more with his dialogue choices! He is a prick and what does it really matter what you say to the girls, you are only interested in 1 thing and whatever.
    The whole agent thing works and he made it fairly believable and at this point it works in the story.
    I love alot of the girls, and the scenes are hot hot (only seen the non consensual mostly or douche mode activated mode).
    There are not a lot of games that have mostly this content so if you enjoy it GO FOR IT.
    If you enjoyed games like regional manager etc this is for you.
    Last thing is the jigsaw puzzles to unlock skills. I think they are fine. I ended up enjoying most of them. I think the huge one is more of a joke then anything. I didnt do it. All the rest are easy.
    Remember you can just drag the pieces around and release on each spot, eventually the piece just sticks and wont move when its in the correct position. Great if your stuck or need a first piece to get things going.

Enjoy!
  17. 1.00 star(s)

InstaPrincess

This is just a huge nonsensical cumbersome grind. Quests are not intuitive, you always need some item or gadget you don't have and need to find and whenever you are not clicking all over the map, you'll be plagued by completely unfun mini-games.

There is an average game in there somewhere, but it is layered with so much sadistic boring grindy 'game play' that the reward is never worth it.

Avoid.
  18. 1.00 star(s)

_Utakata_

None ntr path

Game is a huge grind even with cheats you still need to grind for resources to do agent 17 mission
    Only thing good are renders
    Usless walktrough
    Events not triggering
    No bugs
    There are moan sounds
    Some woman have two paths ntr and not ntr
  19. 2.00 star(s)

JJ1245

Minigames aren't that fun
    Lots of incomplete storyline
    Why are there even options that doesn't do anything?
    Animation is like the only thing carrying it
    There are a bunch of characters that doesn't even have a scene
    Puzzles is....
  20. 1.00 star(s)

micojive

This is single-handedly the biggest misuse of a sandbox/free roam environment I've ever seen.

EVERY action is gated behind some mini game. Earn money? Click a ton of things. Raise your stats? Do all these mini puzzles. TALK to someone? Better first talk to someone else, do a mini game, then talk to the original person and do another mini game.

Interact with a core mechanic of the game? Better grind resources.

It actually blows my mind at some of the choices made and added to this game.