AI created anime girls on pixAI are brutally good

zilkin

Dec 9, 2020
Like the AI gereated waifus are so good, it almost feels wrong. The only problem is on pixAI they give you very little credits, like enough to generate 5 to 10 images a day at most which is not enough for how good they look. Check these out:
321629130345675885.png 321629033905922636.png 321623640105752918.png 319638818069327972.png

anne O'nymous

I'm not grumpy, I'm just coded that way.
Modder
Respected User
Donor
Jun 10, 2017
If you want to be truly amazed by AI generated art, search for what can do...

Reactions: zilkin

DuniX

Dec 20, 2016
Like the AI gereated waifus are so good, it almost feels wrong. The only problem is on pixAI they give you very little credits, like enough to generate 5 to 10 images a day at most which is not enough for how good they look. Check these out:
View attachment 2602930 View attachment 2602932 View attachment 2602933 View attachment 2602938
What is truly amazing is the soft body and clothes deformation are fairly accurate as well as the fluids.
That means the AI internalize all the physics and material properties.
Not to mention the lighting as if it got that wrong you would have immediately noticed.
But everything is shaded and in shadow as it should based on the light source with enough ambient light for things not to be too dark.

This is what AI Skeptics do not understand and cannot comprehend, AI do not just merely mimic art, they have already internalize the "Rules" and Anatomy that make up the Technical Skill of Drawing.

Last edited:

anne O'nymous

Modder
Respected User
Donor
Jun 10, 2017
[Note: All position are "of the screen".]

What is truly amazing is the soft body and clothes deformation are fairly accurate as well as the fluids.
No, what it truly amazing is how easily AI enthusiastic can miss so many things when they looks at an image.

Take the time to really look at the second image, and come again tell that the soft body and clothes deformation are fairly accurate.
In no world the boobs fat can fold up on itself ; especially on a so large distance since it cover entirely the bra. And what amazing asymmetrical bra ; the right part is plain and large, the left one is small with a big all in the middle.
On the same image, also note how the hand of the guy on the right pop out of the girl's arm. Hand that have a forefinger smaller than the thumb, while the other hand enter inside the boobs.
As for the left guy, it have a really long arm, what is relatively understandable since it's partly not attached to his body ; as you can see below the left boob.

On the third image, the hand on the right clearly have a double pinky. This while the left boobs also partly fold up ; or she have two boobs of radically different size, coupled with a really large and fat left armpit zone. There's also the hand on the right, that is clearly the one of the girl, and also clearly masculine.
And what about the background ? The guy we see the face have no right (his one) arm. The wall is slightly tilted to the right, while the window (?) is largely tilted to the left. And the leg you see on the bottom left, the one with the big red tumor, is attached to no body ; but it have a hand, directly attached to it.

And on the last image, the girl hand have dislocated fingers.
As for the first image, the girl have to left (hers) feet. The one we see on the right, and one that slightly appear between her tights.

Not to mention the lighting as if it got that wrong you would have immediately noticed.
But everything is shaded and in shadow as it should based on the light source with enough ambient light for things not to be too dark.
You know, it don't suffice that there's shades for the lighting to be correct. The shades also need to be consistent with the light(s) source(s).

The first picture have a shadow coming from nowhere on the vertical on the top left corner (the second one) ; the roof need to have a big hole in it for this shadow to exist. And the frontal highlight spots on front of the girl imply a top (a bit on the right) front light that cast no other shadow than for the left boob. This while the head shadow is telling that there's a light above (and on front of) the girl ; light that should then cast boob shadow on the right arm.

On the second one, the light is expected to be on the top right, but the girl cast no shadow on the left guy. Said left guy that have a shadow cast by his head, accordingly to a light that would be on his left ; light that cast no other shadow than this one.

On the third, the shadow on the upper part of the girl come from the middle left, while the ones under her boobs come from the top left. And the leg with no body attached is also lighted from the top left, but clearly by another light.

As for the last girl, the lighting is relatively consistent, being lighted from the middle right. Except for her boobs, that are clearly lighted from the front.

This is what AI Skeptics do not understand and cannot comprehend, AI do not just merely mimic art, they have already internalize the "Rules" and Anatomy that make up the Technical Skill of Drawing.
Well, if it's the case, then they have the same understanding of those rules than a preschooler.

Not that the images are inherently bad, but they aren't good for the reasons you said. Because the reasons you said clearly do not apply

Reactions: woody554

zilkin

Dec 9, 2020
[Note: All position are "of the screen".]

No, what it truly amazing is how easily AI enthusiastic can miss so many things when they looks at an image.

Take the time to really look at the second image, and come again tell that the soft body and clothes deformation are fairly accurate.
In no world the boobs fat can fold up on itself
Yeah that looks weird but maybe you haven't tried to fold the boobs hard enough lol.
Either way, a lot of those images at first glance look great to me, then I notice the mistakes and weird anatomy later but those can be corrected by cropping the image where the mistake happens (lazy solution)
or an artist can correct those in photoshop or redraw them and improve. I am not that good to do that, but someone with experience in digital art could easily fix mistakes.
I didn't put the best ones here, just some nsfw generated ones I got, but there is a gallery that is more polished on the site. This could revolutionize hentai videogames and maybe some of my favorite hentai artists could use those to make art faster.
I was thinking maybe using an image gallery of a character for my hentai videogame but I get very few free uses a day to do that quite yet plus I am not sure if I can get sued or something if it is copyrighted or not, probably it is free art.

woody554

Jan 20, 2018

I'll just repeat this again as someone who minored on information science (not the library kind) and neural nets: no they don't. absolutely the last thing they do is any kind of cognitive processing. they 'just' copy things and interpolate between stuff the programmer exposed them with. the result is always 'stuff that LOOKS like X' rather than 'creating new thing Y'. we don't know how to do the reasoning part, yet.

THAT's why it can't understand how it attached the black dude's hands on the girls arms, this interpolation result just happened to fit its training images closer than the girl retaining her own hands with the black dude behind him groping her tits.

DuniX

Dec 20, 2016
In no world the boobs fat can fold up on itself ; especially on a so large distance since it cover entirely the bra. And what amazing asymmetrical bra ; the right part is plain and large, the left one is small with a big all in the middle.
It works with hentai logic which is exaggerated.

You know, it don't suffice that there's shades for the lighting to be correct. The shades also need to be consistent with the light(s) source(s).
No, you just do not understand what an achievement it is for the results we got.
You expected everything to be perfect, I expected absolutely nothing to make sense.
There is absolutely no reason to have any consistency at all.
There is no 3D scene in Koikatsu, there is no light sources that light 3d models.

All we have is the figment of the AI imagination and it has absolutely no idea what light and shadows are or why a male hand spawns out of a girl's hand like you showed.
And the frontal highlight spots on front of the girl imply a top (a bit on the right) front light that cast no other shadow than for the left boob.
Those are stylized material reflections on the skin, similar on the tight, similar on the hair, same as the braw.
Overall you would have to be a liar to say the first image is not lit well.
But my point is precisely there is no reason why that should be the case

If it were to copy a girl and a background from two different images it would be completely different light setups that should make no sense.
You cannot resolve that without some understanding.

anne O'nymous

Modder
Respected User
Donor
Jun 10, 2017
Either way, a lot of those images at first glance look great to me, then I notice the mistakes and weird anatomy later but those can be corrected by cropping the image where the mistake happens (lazy solution)
or an artist can correct those in photoshop or redraw them and improve. I am not that good to do that, but someone with experience in digital art could easily fix mistakes.
I totally agree with this. In fact it's precisely why I consider those images as not being bad at all.
There's some errors, but they can be corrected even by someone who only have average skills ; good enough to do the correction, but not to do all the drawing from nothing.

DuniX

Dec 20, 2016
they 'just' copy things and interpolate between stuff the programmer exposed them with. the result is always 'stuff that LOOKS like X' rather than 'creating new thing Y'. we don't know how to do the reasoning part, yet.
They don't just "copy".

The patterns in the data are distilled into an "essence" that is used in their imagination that contains all the "rules".
Otherwise we would not be able to have any kind of consistent lighting and shadow, Period.
Especially now with that kind of complex geometries.

Yes the AI has no active cognition or understanding which is why it makes those errors. It's simply raw unfiltered imagination.

anne O'nymous

Modder
Respected User
Donor
Jun 10, 2017
THAT's why it can't understand how it attached the black dude's hands on the girls arms, this interpolation result just happened to fit its training images closer than the girl retaining her own hands with the black dude behind him groping her tits.
Exactly.

Globally speaking, the AI pass by the case, "the girl need to have her arm that way", and by the case, "the guy need to have his hand here". But at no time it effectively understand that the two are related and that it should take care of possible collision between them.

To make a shallow analogy, it's like an image generated by a mosaic of other images down scaled. The more you down scale the images, the nearest the result will be to what you want to achieve.
And it's what happen with AI. The finer is their internal conditions, the better will be the result, because it correspond to highly down scaled images. But so far the result will still be limited by the lack of global vision from the AI. They'll continue to add layer above layer, not understanding that they'll collide and that it can be a big issue.

• Angry
Reactions: woody554 and DuniX

DuniX

Dec 20, 2016
The real problem is the only anatomy it knows is what it can infer from the training data.

It has no understanding of anatomy like a human does, although GPT probably has that but that is separate from this Image Generators, for now.
It's not really a problem of "consciousness" per say since that could be replaced with refinement and error correction extra steps.
The problem is as a human you have a accurate representation of the world, a "world view" that is how you think the world works in you brain by which to judge things by.

Last edited:

Deleted member 440241

Feb 14, 2018
Does brutally good mean something other than what I think it means? These all look like the super generic crap you'd find in someone's first ever doujin, plus some AI artifacts like extra limbs ruining the already mediocre quality of the images. Sure it's good for something made by an AI, but it's not so good I'd want to hang it on my wall or make it the background on my computer.

zilkin

Dec 9, 2020
Does brutally good mean something other than what I think it means? These all look like the super generic crap you'd find in someone's first ever doujin, plus some AI artifacts like extra limbs ruining the already mediocre quality of the images. Sure it's good for something made by an AI, but it's not so good I'd want to hang it on my wall or make it the background on my computer.
They are pretty good for AI for sure, and ofc it is basically copying and remixing styles of actual artists to get something new, but I am very happy with the anime style there because I have been trying stable diffusion for free and they do get anime style look but not as sharp and precise as on that site.

SatinAndIvory

Jan 22, 2023
AI is cool for the first 200-300 images you see then once you start to notice patterns in the images you're seeing, you start to realize its all icing and no cake. I've made about 10k images with it, got frustrated and gave up. I have a little skill with art and when I try to get it to generate an image of something I have in my head, I end up just fighting tooth and nail against the data it's trained on, ultimately to no avail. Something as simple as a bikini nipple slip, if the data wasn't trained on it, will never show up no matter how much emphasis you place on it. All my ventures in AI just really made me appreciate human art a lot more, and its actually made me get back into art as well.

zilkin

Dec 9, 2020
AI is cool for the first 200-300 images you see then once you start to notice patterns in the images you're seeing, you start to realize its all icing and no cake. I've made about 10k images with it, got frustrated and gave up. I have a little skill with art and when I try to get it to generate an image of something I have in my head, I end up just fighting tooth and nail against the data it's trained on, ultimately to no avail. Something as simple as a bikini nipple slip, if the data wasn't trained on it, will never show up no matter how much emphasis you place on it. All my ventures in AI just really made me appreciate human art a lot more, and its actually made me get back into art as well.
Yeah, it basically remixes styles and patterns of human authors so it is difficult to get a specific thing sometimes. I think it will improve in the future where you will have greater control over image generation and add more poses, and specific things to it which will enable people to create their vision more easily. For now, it takes a lot of tries but the results can be cool.

May 3, 2018
Like the AI gereated waifus are so good, it almost feels wrong. The only problem is on pixAI they give you very little credits, like enough to generate 5 to 10 images a day at most which is not enough for how good they look.
Ha. You should see what you can do with a local AI install with Stable Diffusion using something like Automatic1111.

All the settings are exposed for you to just go nuts, with no censorship. And there are hundreds of models that can do pretty much whatever you want, and these things called LORAs that can let them understand really specific concepts.

This is just WRONG. I'm an artist AND an AI enthusiast and everything you said is just wrong.

AI doesn't work that way.

Diffusion models are not sentient. The AI does not understand art rules or anatomy. It is using an algorithm to put the most likely arrangement of pixels next to each other based on a latent space where it stores concepts as clusters of incredibly complex variables with hundreds of axises.
Don't know if you've used a local install of AI image generation, like Automatic1111, but it gives you immense control now.

There is a thing called ControlNet where you can actually choose the pose for people now, give hand positions, facial expressions, you can use LORAs to make consistent characters, and train new LORAs based on your own characters for consistency.

Best of all, for artists like us, you can draw your own sketches for composition and feed them to the AI for it to use to compose the image from using ControlNet.

You can even do "region prompting", where you tell the AI what to put and WHERE to put it in the final image.

Anyone that has only used AI image generators online like Midjourney or on websites doesn't understand the amount of control possible now. There are even extensions for Photoshop that let you use a local install of Stable Diffusion directly in the application as you draw or paint.

As an artist, it really is an amazing tool.

zilkin

Dec 9, 2020
Ha. You should see what you can do with a local AI install with Stable Diffusion using something like Automatic1111.

All the settings are exposed for you to just go nuts, with no censorship. And there are hundreds of models that can do pretty much whatever you want, and these things called LORAs that can let them understand really specific concepts.
Yeah, I went the lazy way instead of following instructions and installing plus I don't know if my graphic card is strong enough to support using it on my computer. If it is I would need to spend a couple days learning the tools and commands but it sounds very very nice.
You as an artist using these tools gives you more control than the average person and saves a lot of time.
If only my favorite netorare (Takeda Hiromitsu) artists would now learn how to use it so I don't have to wait 2 years for new stuff.
I had some pretty nice ideas so I might do like you said, install locally and go nuts. This will make creating much faster and crazier, the only limit will be imagination and perhaps the market gets oversaturated. Time will tell.

Reactions: Glib_Gentleman