Others None Aitsu ni Dakareru Ore no Tsuma [Atelier Sakura]

zashe7861

Sep 14, 2018
what engine is this based off of and what program can be used to edit it. I've wanted to do translations on other posts but if i dont find out how to edit text its never gonna work. i'm willing to put in time, but i need someone to help me figure out how to edit this.
i could probably even make a txt file of the translated text but it does no good just like that. besides people have already summarized the game before so that would be a waste of my time. someone please help me out here.

nyagura

Feb 20, 2018
what engine is this based off of and what program can be used to edit it. I've wanted to do translations on other posts but if i dont find out how to edit text its never gonna work. i'm willing to put in time, but i need someone to help me figure out how to edit this.
i could probably even make a txt file of the translated text but it does no good just like that. besides people have already summarized the game before so that would be a waste of my time. someone please help me out here.
Hi. I think it is a famous engine Kirikiri2. For extracting you need GARbro (check scenario files first, because you need change unicode in GARbro for extracting (you see coding on the top, when you open scenario.xp3->click on any file; also go to the settings and look coding opting for all formats). For editing you can use Notepad++ for example. After that — not sure about how to create a proper 'patch.xp3', but you can just archive the same name 'scenario.xp3'. And you need to use for archiving GARbro (after translation of course; open scenarion folder-> click on the top files <DIR> then select all other files by shift+left click, right click -> create archive, choose .xp3 and name scenario, then put to the game folder (backup original file between)). For translating images you need to extract data.xp3 and choose one of the way:
1. you delete fils which you don't need, then after translating archiving it like 'patch.xp3' (I just didn't try it)
2. Or you don't delete, translating and after - create archive 'data.xp3' and put to the game folder (it's just will have a big size).
Not sure about translating names, because in Artemis Engine you need to translate name images, because in scenario it's just reference to image file with the same name (yea, you can translate name in scenario, but you also need to rename image files and it's all long, just image editing much easier). But it's different engine so I just looked this for the first time (and by the way for translating vn with Artemis engine you can just extract files from archives roof.psf, translate and put folders into the game folder and it will work (which files need to translate in this engine you can watch (through GARbro) in a patch for TA0 from Rattanmantrans for example)).

Sorry for maybe indistinct explanation (I'm not native English speaker), just try it and you will find out it (I hope). And you can always ask Rattanman about translation stuff in his .
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:

zashe7861

Sep 14, 2018
thanks i'll get to translating as soon as possible. im not in town and i have other work im doing. but ill do my best to get it done. a little heads up my room mates are dicks and get high so their smoke comes to my room and i get sleepy and anxiety at the same time so if it takes a while blame them lol.

edit: so a small update I cant seem to repack the xp3 files after I extract them and the translated ones wont allow me to archive them and rename them. says its open in another program but its not open in any other program and im not using the files anywhere else but in GARbro and im working on the road with a 20 year old laptop so a little help would be appreciated.

Last edited:
Reactions: nyagura

nyagura

Feb 20, 2018
thanks i'll get to translating as soon as possible. im not in town and i have other work im doing. but ill do my best to get it done. a little heads up my room mates are dicks and get high so their smoke comes to my room and i get sleepy and anxiety at the same time so if it takes a while blame them lol.

edit: so a small update I cant seem to repack the xp3 files after I extract them and the translated ones wont allow me to archive them and rename them. says its open in another program but its not open in any other program and im not using the files anywhere else but in GARbro and im working on the road with a 20 year old laptop so a little help would be appreciated.
You're welcome. Yeah, it's open in GARbro and I tried to say how to escape this. You need: left mouse click on "... <DIR>" —> scroll to the bottom —> press combination shift+left mouse click on 99_99_2.ks (the last file) and you can create the archive. You can watch . If you can't create because of another problem, you need just to choose another extracting folder when you are creating archive.

Last edited:

zashe7861

Sep 14, 2018
i seem to have another problem. it has to do with the spacing of the words ill upload a picture to specify, but ill also be working on how to figure it out myself but if someone one here already knows it would save me time and stress.
edit:
so i think i figured it out but now i have another problem lol. some tex shows both names not just the character, and no its not a mistake in the file i checked so its something with the engine i think. also the recall text is all garbolled up from how i was typing in notepad but thats the only way i could fix the text being divided like in the picture. ill upload a picture now.
Untitled.png

Last edited:

zashe7861

Sep 14, 2018
so im just gonna go ahead and translate everything and worry about the spacing later maybe someone else can help me with it cause its taking me a considerable amount of time. like 4 times the amount of time if i didnt have to space everything and find other bugs. but i can translate it and anyone can understand it. its just the spacing issue. i could of been done with the first scene today if i didnt have to figure out the stupid spacing issue.

Nightmonk

Sep 20, 2017
so im just gonna go ahead and translate everything and worry about the spacing later maybe someone else can help me with it cause its taking me a considerable amount of time. like 4 times the amount of time if i didnt have to space everything and find other bugs. but i can translate it and anyone can understand it. its just the spacing issue. i could of been done with the first scene today if i didnt have to figure out the stupid spacing issue.

If you can, try and speak to capu2. He seems to be one of, if not the, best translator on here.

capu2

May 15, 2018
sampleeeee.jpg

You can open the scripts and force a space break.

the code for space break is [r]

AS games can only accommodate 65 characters in total.

Try to insert it after the 55th character

zashe7861

Sep 14, 2018
omg omg omg im a super huge fan boy for capu2 and hes actually helping me xD im so happy thank you so much. your the best i hope i can work with you one day. you seem awesome. i mean you have to be awesome for enjoying such fine art after all. also if theres a way i can talk to you on like discord or something that would be awesome too. i dont really use discord but im willing to use it more so i can get some help and pointers on translating other titles too.

edit: ok i just have one more issue and ill be able to spend all my time just focusing on translation efforts.
its the names. they come out on the name plate with both names. and I dont know how to fix this. i check the files and there in the right places but it seems to want to display both names on some dialog boxes for some reason.

edit:again: i finished the first scene so im gonna upload the scenario.xp3 to install it just override the previous xp3 in the game folder.
ps. i kinda suggest backing up your scenario.xp3 because i dont know if it will work on every ones game cause its not a. patch.xp3
so yea lol

Last edited:

capu2

May 15, 2018
omg omg omg im a super huge fan boy for capu2 and hes actually helping me xD im so happy thank you so much. your the best i hope i can work with you one day. you seem awesome. i mean you have to be awesome for enjoying such fine art after all. also if theres a way i can talk to you on like discord or something that would be awesome too. i dont really use discord but im willing to use it more so i can get some help and pointers on translating other titles too.

edit: ok i just have one more issue and ill be able to spend all my time just focusing on translation efforts.
its the names. they come out on the name plate with both names. and I dont know how to fix this. i check the files and there in the right places but it seems to want to display both names on some dialog boxes for some reason.

edit:again: i finished the first scene so im gonna upload the scenario.xp3 to install it just override the previous xp3 in the game folder.
ps. i kinda suggest backing up your scenario.xp3 because i dont know if it will work on every ones game cause its not a. patch.xp3
so yea lol

Hi again!

so yea lol
Name spacing and dialogue colors can be managed by modifying the names on macro.ks.

You need to adjust the coordinates to make it fit.

nyagura

Feb 20, 2018
I dont know how to do that
Or you can try put some Japanese letter (like jap space ' ' (you can find in scenario's file)) before or after name. I only had a issue that after the first phrase I have a dialogue box with the same name, but without text, but after that others run normally.

zashe7861

Sep 14, 2018
Or you can try put some Japanese letter (like jap space ' ' (you can find in scenario's file)) before or after name. I only had a issue that after the first phrase I have a dialogue box with the same name, but without text, but after that others run normally.
are you translating this game too? if so it would make it easier if we divided the work so we could do half and half. we could get it done quicker and with less stress to ourselves.

Reactions: pantherjr

nyagura

Feb 20, 2018
are you translating this game too? if so it would make it easier if we divided the work so we could do half and half. we could get it done quicker and with less stress to ourselves.
Heh, no. I don't know Japanese (and English very well) for translating games. I just wanted to find out how to help you with your problem and I tried this method after thinking.
You also can try to ask capu2 again, because you just not mentioned (/quoted) his message and maybe he is just not watching this thread (not receiving alerts). Macro.ks is locating in src.xp3 and if you want to test your theory about macro.ks, then just put it in your patch folder before archiving (it should work in theory).