Zellemate

Community Manager For HeavenStudios
Game Developer
Dec 13, 2016
Yeah, that was a poor prediction from starke but they already admitted to it a bunch of times this patch. First they made an optimistic preview and when they realized they wouldn't be able to hit that deadline, they released an official estimate which seemed more reasonable but I think the CG team started slowing down or drawing bad scenes and they realized they needed one more week.

I'd rather be given an expectancy of when it will come out and how close they are other than most patreons and mangakas I follow who leave you absolutely in the dark for 3, 4, 5 months until people start complaining and they finally put out something lackluster just to silence people.

If you think their average 1 or 2 days delay is bad, try following yummytiger, dvoika or LOK team. Your opinion will change right quick :LOL:

TL;DR rough estimates > no estimates
Yeah I agree, and I do know how bad other developers are(some anyway) : >

Ubtsha

Jun 15, 2017
So as a patreon my biggest issue is when a statement is premature from the developers, like the team here is sometimes doing.This creates some kind of hope / illusion that this patch will hit mid of April. So people are expecting an early release now.
But then the delays start, and it ends with +10 days overdue instead of an early release.
Example is below for this patch... and this is not the first time this has happened. Its more like the 3rd to my count.
I would rather know in advance that they need more time, instead of delaying on the last day.

Taken from their patreon updates:

Mar 27 at 6:08am

Two new spoilers are already available on Discord. Hope you guys enjoy ;)
0.92 will come out mid~late April, we'll see!

Still love the team and their work. <3
Can you share the spoilers please?

- ZAIKO -

☁️
Donor
May 30, 2017
Hi all, i'm having a problem with my save. If someone could help me...

Finished Sato's route. Now i'm doing the Garcia and i have a bug after reaching the stair.

Liero

Jun 13, 2018
If you think their average 1 or 2 days delay is bad, try following yummytiger, dvoika or LOK team. Your opinion will change right quick :LOL:

TL;DR rough estimates > no estimates
Agreed. LOK team is one of the worst though, due to their main dev always being away it seems.
Stopped supporting month-month, now I only toss money whenever I see some actual progress.

Ion.TemUS

Jun 8, 2017
Agreed. LOK team is one of the worst though, due to their main dev always being away it seems.
Stopped supporting month-month, now I only toss money whenever I see some actual progress.
They seem to be doing a lot (well the artist at least), but more than half of it is often future content. Plus they have a lot on their list in terms of features planned, but they dont want to include most of them yet because they are afraid patreon is gonna shut them down for some of the content. which is not really good for the development of their game. I really hope the way they handle releases changes, otherwise they are not gonna see anything from me anymore. I have given them something once or twice, but never month - month, mainly because of the slow releases.

Reactions: Grimoirre
D

Deleted member 110098

Update is coming out today right? Will probably pull the trigger on supporting if the update is good, it's been a long time coming anyway lol

Reactions: ozzo

VermillioN

May 4, 2017
So ... today huh ... if I know these people well, I'd say it will be in a week or almost unless the planets line up and send their cosmic powers to the heaven studios. Recently I'm pretty tired of playing ntr games with female MC so, i don't mind to wait another week to see the godlike art of Mukuyaki.

Zellemate

Game Developer
Dec 13, 2016
So ... today huh ... if I know these people well, I'd say it will be in a week or almost unless the planets line up and send their cosmic powers to the heaven studios. Recently I'm pretty tired of playing ntr games with female MC so, i don't mind to wait another week to see the godlike art of Mukuyaki.
StarkeToday at 4:26 PM
Hey
We're trying our best but we keep hitting setbacks
If we have to delay I'll have to delay 'till Monday. IF that is the case, I'll explain why, even tho I'd rather not open up about some shit again

Reactions: VermillioN

KuroShimura

Oct 17, 2017
StarkeToday at 4:26 PM
Hey
We're trying our best but we keep hitting setbacks
If we have to delay I'll have to delay 'till Monday. IF that is the case, I'll explain why, even tho I'd rather not open up about some shit again
Honestly, every delay comes with some excuse and every update is a delay. I just don't believe any of the excuses anymore... It is more believable when it is done rarely; however, when done on literally every update, it just looks like they are lying. It is far more probably to believe they slack off until the last moment then try to rush their work. Hence, why it comes with so many game breaking bugs on the first release.

Zellemate

Game Developer
Dec 13, 2016
Honestly, every delay comes with some excuse and every update is a delay. I just don't believe any of the excuses anymore... when it is rare it is more believable; however, on literally every update it just looks like they are lying. It is far more probably to believe they slack off until the last moment then try to rush their work. Hence, why it comes with so many game breaking bugs on the first release.
Yeah I really don't know... for me it looks like bad management of the overall development, after each patch they clearly wait with the next patch quite some time ... which in the end result with more delays(funny enought). And how do I know this? because after each patch it always take over 1 month before teasers of the next patch gets showed on the spoiler channel.
There is also that issues that they clearly need more testers(imo) and have been needeing that for quite some time.
Small and big bugs often ends op in the released version, and Stark sit with this himself it looks like.
So yeah its a culmination of many things from how I see it.

Yes ok you edited your post :D so yeah in short ...I have the same belief

Liero

Jun 13, 2018
They seem to be doing a lot (well the artist at least), but more than half of it is often future content. Plus they have a lot on their list in terms of features planned, but they dont want to include most of them yet because they are afraid patreon is gonna shut them down for some of the content. which is not really good for the development of their game. I really hope the way they handle releases changes, otherwise they are not gonna see anything from me anymore. I have given them something once or twice, but never month - month, mainly because of the slow releases.
The artist can do all he wants, but with no way to implement the art into the game with the help of the main dev working with Spine, it doesn't matter.
Sure, they will have a large backlog of stuff to add whenever they start adding stuff into the game again, but as previous development times have shown when he has enough to work with in Spine, it still takes a long time to actually implement it.
I won't really expect much for now, and I wholly expect them to get more stuff running maybe a month or two from now, as this and last month have been basically zero progress outside of a new vantage point and story bits, as he could not export the spine work he had to his laptop while on his trip.
I tried to warn them about overpromising, and when they went with the "Oh, we will try to add something every month" deal, I knew it would go south.

Zellemate

Game Developer
Dec 13, 2016
From their discord just about now:

StarkeToday at 8:42 PM
Guys, here's the deal. There was 1 hentai scene that only arrived today (still needs to be written) and one that had to be re-panneled because of a mistake (Ayame's lower half didn't have tanlines and no one, including me, noticed). Also, a few cutscene CG's and ending CG's arrived in the last 24 hours. There was also a problem where a few weekend events were triggering during the Family route which thank God, we already fixed as it would break the route entirely. I luckily found it by chance, took me a while to fix but it's fixed. All these things among a few other minor things are causing us severe setbacks. If it was ANY OTHER TIME I'd power through the night and if need be, tell my girlfriend that I wouldn't be able to with her tomorrow and that would be that. Now here's the REALLY bad news. As if it wasn't bad enough that my mom died not too long ago, Wednesday night my brother went to my father's house to find him covered in pitch black vomit, rapid breathing and unresponsive, we took my father to the emergencies. We believed it to be internal bleeding or an ulcer but it's his cancer spreading. If that wasn't bad enough, he has a severe case of sepsis. The sepsis is also not letting the diabetes and tension pills work, so the medicine isn't doing shit, so his diabetes and tension went sky rocketing, so he's in critical condition in the hospital. I can't promise you I will have the patch done today, or tomorrow, but I want in the worst case scenario to deliver it Monday, best case scenario if I work a bit into the night, today. I promise I won't break down and delay this massively, I'm too numb to feel anything, patch will come out very soon, I just ask for very little patience. This patch is massive, everyone on the team is feeling worn out, me? Just disheartened, but powering through. I'll be fine, and the patch will be worth the wait. That I can promise.

Hope his dad will be ok, not much else to say :S

Jun 13, 2017
On one side, one has to accept that there's the chance this is true, and we, as good pirates, should be supportive of his struggles and problems. We aren't paying, after all.

But an evil, lesser side of us could ask how many relatives he has to burn for excuses (ahh, the memories of an old pal of mine that had several dying grandmas to justify school assignments!). There's pets afterwards, of course.

kusobaba

May 23, 2018
On one side, one has to accept that there's the chance this is true, and we, as good pirates, should be supportive of his struggles and problems. We aren't paying, after all.

But an evil, lesser side of us could ask how many relatives he has to burn for excuses (ahh, the memories of an old pal of mine that had several dying grandmas to justify school assignments!). There's pets afterwards, of course.
Mate, don't delude yourself. The only good pirates in the world is from One Piece

Domindi

Jul 19, 2017
From their discord just about now:

StarkeToday at 8:42 PM
Guys, here's the deal. There was 1 hentai scene that only arrived today (still needs to be written) and one that had to be re-panneled because of a mistake (Ayame's lower half didn't have tanlines and no one, including me, noticed). Also, a few cutscene CG's and ending CG's arrived in the last 24 hours. There was also a problem where a few weekend events were triggering during the Family route which thank God, we already fixed as it would break the route entirely. I luckily found it by chance, took me a while to fix but it's fixed. All these things among a few other minor things are causing us severe setbacks. If it was ANY OTHER TIME I'd power through the night and if need be, tell my girlfriend that I wouldn't be able to with her tomorrow and that would be that. Now here's the REALLY bad news. As if it wasn't bad enough that my mom died not too long ago, Wednesday night my brother went to my father's house to find him covered in pitch black vomit, rapid breathing and unresponsive, we took my father to the emergencies. We believed it to be internal bleeding or an ulcer but it's his cancer spreading. If that wasn't bad enough, he has a severe case of sepsis. The sepsis is also not letting the diabetes and tension pills work, so the medicine isn't doing shit, so his diabetes and tension went sky rocketing, so he's in critical condition in the hospital. I can't promise you I will have the patch done today, or tomorrow, but I want in the worst case scenario to deliver it Monday, best case scenario if I work a bit into the night, today. I promise I won't break down and delay this massively, I'm too numb to feel anything, patch will come out very soon, I just ask for very little patience. This patch is massive, everyone on the team is feeling worn out, me? Just disheartened, but powering through. I'll be fine, and the patch will be worth the wait. That I can promise.

Hope his dad will be ok, not much else to say :S

Not to say I dont believe this but a lot of the developers usually just randomly have family problems around the time game patches are delayed. Regardless of whether this is true or not no one should be complaining about the patch being completed.

4.10 star(s) 84 Votes