RPGM - AlArm [v0.4] [Hurakan]

1. 1.00 star(s)

Gama_R34

Reviewing 0.1 or whatever there is to review.

Positives: The concept sounded good on paper, it has potential.

Cons: I literally cannot play the game, I black screen every run, made it to the text messages once and they were not decipherable.

1/5 cause I can't put a zero, I will change my score if this game gets better in the future.
  2. 1.00 star(s)

SonaraFox

While the concept is nice and the gameplay is straightforward and easy to grasp after a minute, in its current state this game fucking sucks. Some of it is the nature of the design such as putting your phone down to avoid the stepmom followed by picking your phone back up and immediately stepmom is back the very moment you finish just putting in the code to open your phone. Meanwhile girlfriend goes down by like 2 hearts because you're not replying and sometimes that can lead you got a gameover that you couldn't possibly prevent if this hits you the moment you max her out for a picture.

Major gripe is again a very active style game made in, of all things, RPG maker. It certainly has the potential to do active gameplay and some people have made it work in a relatively nice way but again this style of gameplay really isn't made for RPGM because of how janky it operates. Sometimes the phone wont register you hovering over the dots on the lock screen which can make it frustrating if you're getting snuck up on constantly. Sometimes the phone can bug out and overlay like 2 or 3 different screens at a time. Sometimes the mom will show up without making a sound or turning the light on and its just an instant game over. On top of all that I can't even finish a night because this shit keeps crashing randomly without warning.

The art style and the animation itself is really great. It's genuinely well done and honesty with the whole fnaf-like concept it would be pretty easy to add more mechanics and potentially more characters to the mix. Little micro games inside the overall game that could test your ability to multitask and keep up with things. For now though I would highly suggest waiting for it to be more stable and with more content. The art style and animation is very appealing but it's currently a buggy mess and would honestly like to see it improve and rate it accordingly.
  3. 2.00 star(s)

idkagoodusername33

0.1 review

Summary: Interesting concept. Terrible execution.

This game has a great potential. Its gameplay is what I can only describe as a "Five Nights at Freddy's like" game. You are in bed and your goal is to flirt and text on your phone while not getting caught by your LANDLADY. You avoid being seen and manage your GFs level of flirtiness.

The gameplay is okay. But god its buggy as shit and it doesnt work. Sometimes I don't even see the light for the LANDLADY and lose. Randomly the screen will turn black and you'll hear noises, and then lose or not even get a game over prompt. Theres really no reason for these things and there's no explanation on what you are supposed to be doing prior to the game starting.

Even if you do manage to get through the bugs, theres no content to it right now. Which makes sense because its early, but just setting the level of expectation for now.

Overall I think this needs a A LOT of time back in the oven especially when the core of the game is having issues. Not sure if its because its built in RPGM or not, but these issues need to be sorted out before more content is put in.

I look forward to seeing the progress.
  4. 3.00 star(s)

Onyxdime

UPDATE 14/07/2023 - v0.2
    The bugs are still present. I have deducted 2 stars due to their game-breaking nature.

--------------------------------------------------------------

More Bugs than Starship Troopers
    It has to be stated before anything else: this game is buggy. We're talking game-breaking bugs.

Breaking All the Rules - The Atmosphere
    However, it is also a first release, and when you actually examine what the developer has done you will find an incredibly innovative and atmospheric game.

When you boot up a game in RPG Maker you are treated to the usual
    -New Game
    -Load Game
    -Options
    -Exit

It's a menu familiar to all of us who enjoy adult video games. A safe menu where nothing can actually happen. A menu that gives you a final chance to relax and prepare before launching into a game where your character will likely get lewded repeatedly.

The developer breaks this rule. Upon launching the game there is no "menu", simply a nervous boy lying alone in a darkened room. The "menu" is your mobile phone. It's deliberately hidden out of view unless you hover over it.

Upon hovering over it you are prompted to begin. This is where the developer fucking excels.

Unending Tension
    Upon raising your phone for the first time you will hear the steady pounding of a heartbeat. Your phone shows a passcode. You quickly try to enter it.

A light flicks on in the hallway.

You put your phone down.

Nobody comes in.

You raise your phone again and input your passcode before sending a quick text to your girlfriend. You hear a footstep.

You drop your phone mere seconds before your stepmother opens your door to check on you.

She leaves. Your racing heart continues.

You try again, picking up your phone, only for your stepmother to suddenly burst into the room. The next thing you know she has tied your hands to the bed and is forcefully sucking on your cock.

The game perfectly captures the anxiety of a nervous young fella trying to communicate with his girlfriend without being caught by an overzealous stepmother.

5 Stars?! For this buggy piece of £*@$?!
    I debated taking away a star for the bugs, but I felt that was a disservice to the sheer creativity and brilliance demonstrated by the developer. If bugs persist in future versions I will have to reduce my score, but at present I believe this early 0.1 release deserves a full 5 stars.

In the words of Senator Sheev Palpatine - we will be watching your career with great interest.