VN - Ren'Py - Alenja's Adventures [v0.19 Beta] [Wet & Wild Production]

1. 2.00 star(s)

Seewolf

Alenja's Adventures [v.0.19]

I'm usually a big fan of fantasy and medieval style settings, but Alenja's adventure turns out to be disappointing so far.

This game seems to be a rework of an older version. I've never played the previous version of the game, so I can't say if the content of the rework already caught up to the previous game version or not. Afaik the rework is extending the content of the previous game.

Despite the high pricing for the premium version of this game [30 €] updates are very slow.

Anyway the story is rather uninspiring so far. Everything seems to be pretty random and I didn't see a real through line, yet. The humor is cringe with totally annoying screaming sounds.

Choices aren't real choices, because there is only one correct one, while the other one will always lead to an early game over.

Since I dislike mini games, I'm annoyed by their presence this time, too. The benefit is also disappointing, because all you’ll get are some lame gallery pics.

So far there is hardly any sexual content to make Alenja’s adventure worthwhile of your time (at least in the public version). In fact almost all sexual content is locked away in the premium version. Hence playing the public version doesn't make much sense.

Unfortunately [optional] futa was added in the 0.18 version of the game, which in my opinion was a bad decision. Seems like every game nowadays needs a freak show, which only a very small minority appreciates anyway. The development is very slow already and those optional scenes cost a lot more dev time, while adding almost nothing of value to the game for the majority of players.

The only positive aspects of this game are actually the daz3d art style and the medieval fantasy setting. But the game itself has got many flaws, which in the end makes playing it a disappointing experience instead of being fun.
    I also don't see the dev taking constructive criticism serious. Hence I don't have much hope for improvement.
  2. 3.00 star(s)

wildride69

Imaginative but sadly disappointing . 3 Stars because the Artwork and renderings are amazing imo. The character models are awesome. That's the good.

The bad - The Story is just horrendous at the time of this review. It has an amazing premise but sadly (minor spoiler) once the Female protag gets attacked in the woods at the beginning it just goes downhill.

The minigames are more annoying than fun, the memory mini game is annoying and I usually like them. Why? - Quickly deciphering quite similar pictures of trees, bras/boobs and butts that are all the same color is just bad. The fighting minigame is just bad, no real skill involved and it is more or less just push buttons and pray. So random it is complete nonsense.

I hate to review it like this because the renders and animations are top notch, the character models are very attractive but that's it. It starts off so well but the story goes nowhere fast with frankly only the most idiotic of choices.
    The story also skips around between characters and it gets annoying fast.

I hate writing this review because I very much wanted to like this game but I was left sad and disappointed.

I will bookmark and try new updates with the hope the story comes together and it improves but I can't recommend this today.
  3. 2.00 star(s)

Formless

I thought I would give this game a try seeing how they we're some tags that i thought was interesting and it starts out decent, but, to be completely honest the old man just kills this game.

I don't know why this game seems to center around a character(old man) that is a side(?) character, but, it's just bad, there we're some many times that I wanted the old man to die because, why would the MC continue to stroll around with a known creeper and pervert.

I couldn't stomach more then 1hour of this game, maybe he dies who knows, but, the old man should not have been in this game or most of the stuff with him should have been optional, feels like this game would have served better if you played as the old man instead of wandering around with a creep the entire game.

The few renders a saw of the game was decent enough and I didn't mind them.

As much as I would like to rate this a 1/5, I am going to give a 2/5 instead because there is some good in this game, and maybe there is people who likes what this game is offering, voyeurism, creepy man, oblivious MC, etc.
  4. 2.00 star(s)

albatross888

I read the other reviews and decided to try the game for myself. This game is a mess, renders are just ok, story is dumb, is it even a game? I think its pick either game over or continue the story.

If this were a corruption game the story might be better, but there does not seem to be any relevant story plot.

Not worth your time. Why would anyone pay for this game?
  5. 3.00 star(s)

Deleted member 54807

Alenja is nice and sexy.
    But there are a few problems. Development is extremely slow, patreon prices are extremely high for this slow progress. And in the last update there is a futa scene and there is no futa tag so I saw that shit and my rating is very low for that.

And her tits looks strange on some images ☝
  6. 3.00 star(s)

lnomsim

I played the "PREMIUM" 0.14 version, and I'm not impressed.

First of all, let's talk about the standard and the premium versions of the game.

The premium is 30$, that's a lot. It adds some scenes, but not that many to be honest. And paying 30$ for each new version gets crazy expensive really fast.

The game as it is now is kind of short. There is definitely some content, but close to no story, or at least not enough to make it interesting.

I picked it up because there were the tags female protagonist and lesbian. So that one is on me, too many expectations for what the game actually offers.

Most protagonists are indeed women. But most of the narration is from a creepy old dude point of view. A very creepy and annoying dude. And most sex scenes are het, I think there is one lesbian sex, and I didn't count how many het ones.

The renders are ok, the sounds just annoying.

I just picked up the game again after a month long pause, thinking I would give it a second chance, and it just ended. I'm probably not giving it a third a chance.

Definitely not the worse game I've played, but not one I would recommend either.
  7. 1.00 star(s)

Zawarudo94

If you're interested in actually seeing anything happen, don't bother with this. Unless, of course, you're a big fan of the following items:

- Endless stock women screaming sound effects
    - A fetish for people falling and landing their genitals on another's face or body
    - Actual sex scenes (One exception for a new character in the latest update) not existing or ending the game.
    - Annoying old pervert characters
    - Slow pacing for a cookie cutter story
    - Random matching games
    - Extreme naivety
    - Being presented 'Choices' while typically only really having one choice that doesn't end the game, making the interactive part of the game more of something to get you to stop pressing the spacebar and look at the screen since the dev can't be assed.
    - PG - 13 tier sex scenes

If you are a huge fan of those items, this game is for you. The renders are great, true, but I don't know if it warranted a full remaster that pushed the development of the game back as much as it did. All in all, I've seen games with a few months of dev pull off way more and be much more engaging. All other things aside this game gets 1 star from me on how often this guy uses those stock screams alone.
  8. 2.00 star(s)

88Michele88

[0.11 remastered]
    Here we are with this remastered. I played it of the first old version. Yorik that I find absolutely out of place in happy with the description of the game and is not even the real protagonist but this is complicated by the game over mini-games centered on this old and decrepit pervert makes you think the opposite of the same developer who did not care about it. another's opinion if one awakens to be forced to make choices for Yorik. The way he responds is clear as the fire that he does not care less the opinion of others will add the option to disable Male Protagonist (not that the choices are all inherent to the male character) which for me in my opinion is unheard of in a game centered on Female Protagonist being forced This is what he answers))

In the context of story in my opinion all this can work even without making the choices for Yorik and without the mini-game, that part of giving the opportune to insert to enable or disable all those actions related to Yorik the pig. It would turn out to be a kinetic novel and if one thinks: Hey wait, it can't function, I'm the developer of this game! Turn off the choices many will hate him and the game would lose its meaning. this is where you are wrong you are the developer of the game you will always find a way to increase this option to integrate all that this pervert of yorik has done, putting all his actions together as a kinetic novel without game over if the development does not trust in such scenes is sure as the pure fire that has such changes. In my opinion they are what increase the handling and playability of a video game. Having the option to enable or disable can and will definitely attract players who prefer to play only The Female Protagonist only and who violate even with that pig Yorik, whom I hate from the bottom of my heart, will be glad to know they have the option to activate the choices on Yorik to play with the pig on duty. But currently I am not a fan of that imposition of requiring players to play with that is of no interest to them.

Then to say that Yorick with quest game over is to say you can't kill him, the plot and the game are important. Holy Christ, if he is so important why not take out all the choices of the female protagonist and turn him into "The Adventures of Yorik". It destroys everything interests in every scene that Yorick ruins it in every conceivable possible. From the Lui è vero Protagonist series.

The girls are jaw-dropping the masck-like.
    The main female character is beautiful to make you lose your mind.
    There are player preference sexual options which in my view are avoidable on predeligibility of play.

The rest is a good story but it all gets ruined with The old pervirtite on duty: Yorik, who has totally lost my interest in this game.

The question Who is the Main Portagonist of The game the one you lot f game over or the female protagonist I so damn consuing and can't eve playing it enymore.

I recommend it only for those who are attracted to old perversions with no morals and demeanor.
    I do not recommend it to the one who like me are here just hoping to enhancep laying the Female Protagonist game but in the end they are totally disappointed and mocked by the same developer
  9. 4.00 star(s)

Geko1711

Very good game with excellent graphics, the story is nice flowing and does not bore, the secondary character Yorik is very funny, and contrasts well with Alenja who easily brings her into a frenzy over his perverted attitudes, which for the time being he has limited himself to just being a voyeur. The only thing I personally am not thrilled about are the mini-games that are solvable at an easy level but if one wanted to have the gallery unlocked, then it becomes really challenging.
  10. 5.00 star(s)

Ass Fan

:unsure: This is without a doubt one of the best games in its category the amazons are awesome dude I love these secondary characters like ogres all kinds of monsters that you will have in the game is also something different that makes this game special and unique from many others of the same genre so I will give my grade.

pros
    Excellent renderings and visuals
    excellent soundtrack
    Excellent character models
    Excellent and unique story
    excellent writing
    good character development
    unique characters
    Good sex/indecency scenes
    smooth animations
    Perfect mix of story and lewd content (y)
  11. 1.00 star(s)

kluh

In my opinion if can't read through to the end of this post you won't like this game.

Why do I keep coming back to games I know are not going to be fun for me?
    Answer: Art read(Hot models)

For anyone interested: this VN would have gotten 2 stars if it was not remastered so soon read(This game is not going anywhere so the dev decided to remaster).

Even before the remaster
    - The art was very good
    - The premise interesting
    - and the possibilities for fetishes was so much more than most other games on this site

So what is it that made made me hate this VN so much to give it 1 star (0 is not possible).

Simple answer: writing.

This game suffers from extremely poor writing. Where half of any given scene so far, is a loop of exposition by narrator, followed with exposition by characters followed by reaction shots of characters (I wanted to be very specific about the last sentence since this is how the games reads).

In the end this game fares far worse than games with broken english and below average art, proving that you need more than a serviceable grasp of the english language and good art to make a successful game.
  12. 5.00 star(s)

Skeeve1

The game is very good.
    More sexaction with the dryade and the fairy maybe, they can teach Alenja how have sexfun with herself , masturbation, girl-girl fun, perhaps Alenja lost virginity by the fairy with her body, the legs and suck Alenjas clit like a dick.
    The 3 hot Girls in village more lesbian content, incest too and maybe watersport ;-)
    Maybe later sex with plants and tentacle possible and Alenja decide if they like it or not. Alenja decide prefer Girls or men or both.
  13. 5.00 star(s)

larryjameson69

Love this game! Lots of beautiful women, very high quality graphics and really enjoyable story. I also like the mini-games, and that they can be avoided, which is great when replaying. Personally I'm a fan of female protagonist games with a nice lesbian route. In this game you're occasionally also in the role of a horny older dude, trying to get into Alenja's pants. The scene's are pretty funny, so I can live with it. Really looking forward to future updates, hopefully with lots of girl-girl action!
  14. 2.00 star(s)

boulimanus

(Reviewing v0.07 Remaster)
    A fantasy setting with anachronisms that break the idea.
    The main positive here is the hot MC, and many people will also be looking forward to the clear kinks being setup. But playing this mostly feels like a waste of time.
    The story hardly makes sense and gets lost in long conversations and pointless scenes. The worst example so far probably being a long hide and seek section without the MC even.
    The supposedly advanced combat is shocking in stupidity and RNG and if it wasn't teasing you to unlock additional pictures you'd be better off avoiding all together.
    And as a final comment it's worth saying that for a developer claiming in their overview they hope this is a first game of many, it sure looks like a pipe dream and a poor judgement to make a 'remaster' of their first, that early with so little content.
  15. 5.00 star(s)

HPZAT

Is there any other game / visual novel I have loved as much? Well, maybe the first one I played which was the hentai game classic Virgin Island.

Renders and animations are really great but what makes this so wonderful is the setting and the main characters. [And there has been a chance to make requests of what if -paths. ]

Main character Alenja is a girl who lives in a village of Amazon like Adrastas who have escaped the war ridden and obviously rather misogynist world. Alenja aspires to be a strong warrior like her mother but will she succeed or end in the hands of lustful men and monsters?

As in many other games / visual novels with young female main characters Alenja is innocent and naive in the extreme - she literally knows nothing about sex! But here it's more believable: living in the village consisting of only women and girls Alenja has never even seen a man and is taught to hate them. She's also potty-mouthed and hot-tempered and doesn't hesitate using violence - a true daughter of an amazon.

However Alenja ends up pairing with a man on her adventure. Her main side kick is of the worst kind: an old cowardly pervert Yorik who however half accidentally ends up doing heroics.

There are also lots of other characters and events with them and as seen from the original version also many different "fetishes". Main sexual themes are ENF and the (involuntary) sexual awakening of the main character. There is also plenty of (sometimes goofy) humour and some fighting and mini games.

Main drawback is that this looks like a ten-year-project, but hey, the worst part of Game of Thrones was the ending.

[This is for the premium version since at this state of the remastering process it's the one you should play - it has a lot more content than the regular one, especially hard core stuff.]
  16. 3.00 star(s)

sadfuck

Version Played: 0.05

I'm going to cut directly to the chase here and say, this game isn't very good, objectively. Aside from a dearth of content--particularly sexual (you know, the stuff we're all here for)--the writing is on the weak side including grammatical errors as well as terms and concepts that seem wildly out of place in the medieval setting. Furthermore, some parts go on too long and don't seem to be related to anything (wtf was that hide and seek thing?!)...that said, there is goofy charm here and I cannot bring myself to hate it. The renders are all pretty and MC Alenja is hot. I love pervy sidekick Yorik, as he seems like some kind of old man lech you'd find in an anime. I'm also a sucker for fantasy settings like this.

Positives
    + Hot renders
    + Decent springboard for a fun series of adventures
    + MEDIEVAL BUSH! (that one's for you Stephen Lynch fans)

Negatives
    - Writing is poor and incongruous to the setting
    - Not a lot of sexual content at this stage

In spite of what would seem to indicate an overall negative appraisal, at the end of the day, I enjoyed the time I spent with the game and am happy to continue to follow it. If you can look past the inherent goofiness to everything, you might enjoy yourself too.

Note to Dev: Geez, where to begin. Try to match the writing more to the setting (how do they know about biochemistry and to use the metric system?) Don't go down long, dialog-filled rabbit trails that aren't germane to the plot. Try to have a little more sexual content in each release to get people excited.
  17. 2.00 star(s)

nitu23

This game meanders cluelessly from scene to scene with zero regard for any and sort of plot or pacing. It feels like a compilation of someone's adventures in AI Dungeon or NovelAI where they edited nothing, and only half-heartedly tried to keep the story on track.

What is the purpose of the random dress malfunctions of the woman in the market at the beginning? Why does everyone gasp like it's scandalous, when several people walk through town in various states of undress later.

Why does Alenja stupidly follow a trail of apples like a cartoon dog, and then decide to help a dryad in the middle of trying to rush back to save her friend? If your answer is "because she got lost, " ask yourself if that's good writing.

And as far as game mechanics go, what's the point of having timed decisions when one is always a game over? Timed decisions that lead to branching paths are fine, paths that lead to a game over are fine, but putting them together is really silly if you ask me. Minor props for including a subscript that tells you which choices lead to game over though.

This is my first time checking this game out, and maybe the original was better, but I am solidly unimpressed.
  18. 3.00 star(s)

rsclassicteacher

TL;DR This is a 4 star game held back by a 2 star developer whose perfectionism or fear of ending the game has led to an unnecessary remaster with less focus. Renders are great, and idea behind original was a solid romp. I don't intend for this review to be a slight, prior to the re-master this was just a solid 4, but history of F95zone leads people to be weary of inconsistency.

While I see a lot of reviews choosing to review this as a game, and others reviewing the developer I wanted to do both.

• The renders are great, nothing mind-blowing ala Midnight Paradise on its release, but nothing that falls behind the date, like honey select models. So that alone is praiseworthy.

• The gameplay is standard Renpy fare, so again nothing you'd write home about. Less exploration than other games but I'm not opposed to it when half of the other games exploration is just there to pad the length. This is where we get the 4 stars for the game.
    • A 5 star game has to offer something new in; renders, story, or gameplay. Look to Milfy city, DmD (originally not now), Acting lessons/being a DIK, Good girl gone Bad, they all break ground in some way. Shoutout to Noxian nights for showing westerners could do JRPG porn games.

• Finally the developer. I want to start by saying im not critiquing their ability to create renders or a game, but their direction. Is this due to perfectionism? I ask that because i'm not convinced. With the change in focus I fear its a lack of following through. Finish this, if it's doesn't match your vision plan for the next one more, if you have new ideas but would have to re-work it, save it for the next one, if your unhappy with the renders use this as practice for the next one. No one starts out amazing, look at Acting Lessons vs Being a DIK. He tinkered with the story, and expanded on what he did, now he is a legend on here.

If your coming to this game fresh, and didn't play the original than you'll love this and look forward to more. If you have you'll not be a big fan and be nervous for the other shoe to drop.
  19. 1.00 star(s)

baka

u think that a remaster would be better? but in this case the dev decided to make a new game where the focus is lesser with Alenja and more to other side-characters.
    why have the title Alenja's Adventures when its about a lot of other character's adventures?
    like many already said, a kinetic novel with choices to get game overs. that can ruin it a bit. and mini-games to unlock more pictures in the gallery? sure, why not, but still annoying that u need to do a bunch of that for some pics. why not focus on the game and create more scenes instead of galleries and mini-games?
    I play this game for "Alenja's" adventures but I get tons of other things that ruins it. I feel unmotivated to play and eventually it will get to the point I will just rip the pictures to see if theres anything new as the gameplay is not worth it.
    and like many already said, good CG, models and animations. but a game is more than that. it should be sexy, erotic and stimulating in the right way, not the wrong way.
    remaster version? I say more de-mastered version.
  20. 3.00 star(s)

RumbleBR

They even didn't finished the original game and launched a Remaster? Man this game is new, don't have what to change, the story is good and the scenes are good too, but if they want make a remaster for take time for think more on what put on the story, okay, do it, but I don't think a remaster will help it, maybe is just for take new Patreons, I don't know, I play it free and that is my review, if you want play something unfinished but with good scenes, go ahead my champ.