VN Ren'Py Abandoned Alpha's Adventure [Demo] [Onee-Sama Productions]

WitheredTulip

Jun 19, 2022
It's best to see backing things like this as a gamble, an investment.

Maybe it was a scam, maybe his spiel about mental health was just to get sympathy, but he posted an update on the situation after an entire year, so it's clearly on his head from time to time...

...poor mental health is crushing. It's easy to say 'why didn't they update us', but when you lack the motivation to even wake up, updating people on the internet - even if they put their trust in you - isn't their priority. And heck, that probably adds to the weight of shit they're dealing with - especially if they're a good person...

I played the demo for this game. It's story seems like one made with love and care, even if it's severely unfinished. It's creative writing, it's a piece of art.

Think about it this way. For the "scam" to work so well, they had to release a game with "such potential" to the world before going on a multi-year hiatus (probs not coming back ngl). Truly good ideas are worth more than a couple hundred bucks, and to share that with the world in an unfinished state only to be forced to abandon it... That's sad.

One more thing. If they guy was going through a mental health episode, what'd you think calling him a scammer I gonna do? Heck he might have seen all your comments within the past year and thought "fuck it". You're allowed to feel cheated, you're allowed to mention that it was scam, but you're not protecting anyone (nobody gonna join Kickstarter a year after no updates), you're just digging the grave this game sits by even deeper.

There's a human behind the guy creating the game. And while he might be a nasty malevolent scam-artist scamming the poor adults of erotic game communities, it's just as, if not more likely that shit hit the fan for him like it does every human at some point in their life.

Long rant on old thread, but it saddened me to label this guy a scammer so willy-nilly.

Reactions: anon1996