joses243

Aug 29, 2019
It's crazy how these devs just get sent hundreds of dollars every month with nothing to show for it.
To be fair $500 is only 10 hours of work at the average national pay for game devs of about $50/hr. I don't know much about game development, but if they have multiple people working on the game (the patreon page uses a lot of "we"), or have to contract out the art I'm sure that doesn't actually go very far. I heard somewhere that a good rule of thumb was 100 hours of development for 1 hour of gameplay in RPGM games.

I know everyone is waiting, and missed release dates are disappointing, but we have no idea what personal issues Yni is going thru. I would cut them some slack, especially since most people on here aren't actually paying anything. If you are actually supporting on patreon feel free to support or not support as you wish.

Reactions: psychic_parasite

StreamSteam

Engaged Member
Jun 24, 2022
Bullshit, no one needs to pay to be able to criticize, free speech is not behind a pay wall, furthermore, it would be contradictory if you pay for something that you are dissatisfied with!
We are talking here about a game that receives 10 min of gameplay in half a year, nobody demands content as big as RDR2 from this dev.
Feel free to express your disgust to the scam methods of this dev.

Shaggyy5

May 6, 2022
To be fair $500 is only 10 hours of work at the average national pay for game devs of about $50/hr. I don't know much about game development, but if they have multiple people working on the game (the patreon page uses a lot of "we"), or have to contract out the art I'm sure that doesn't actually go very far. I heard somewhere that a good rule of thumb was 100 hours of development for 1 hour of gameplay in RPGM games.

I know everyone is waiting, and missed release dates are disappointing, but we have no idea what personal issues Yni is going thru. I would cut them some slack, especially since most people on here aren't actually paying anything. If you are actually supporting on patreon feel free to support or not support as you wish.
I used to support this project and would love to for actual content. They would have much more support if they were actually doing sound practices and putting out the content they're being paid for. As a one off, or every once in a long while thing, some unfortunate or tragic hang-up could totally be understandable. Things happen for sure! But this is completely a normal trend at this point with this dev.

Solid communication would be nice in the least. We get shitty communication with dev consistently missing their timelines by months. This isn't a one-off "oops, so sorry, a random personal issue came up," this has been going on for like 4 years. If it were any more serious of an issue, be honest and up front and put the project on hold. They're obviously happy to have money continuously flow in while months drag on with nothing but a random message begging apologies. If this were a fun side project thing, that'd be one thing, but they are still being paid hundreds of dollars for months for an RPGM game. I wish I could just have free passive income to pay my rent for years based on a dragged out incomplete product.

Reactions: StreamSteam

bouncy_master69

May 21, 2023
That's how it is.
but to claim that the update will come in "a few days" and then not a single sign or statement for over 6 weeks is just cheeky

I also supported once but after the last times of eternal delays without explanations why and all the waiting for a tiny update... I ended my sub

Just a sign that something is happening would be enough

It could have been so good

joses243

Aug 29, 2019
I completely agree that they should be more transparent and post a quick update if they aren't going to be able to meet the release dates they announce. Or just a post saying they don't know when they will be able to get to it due to personal issues so their patrons aren't misled.

I'm not saying that you can't criticize if you aren't paying...just that this development duo certainly isn't getting rich off of $250 a month each. $250 a month doesn't do shit for you anywhere in the US, and they most certainly have to prioritize their day jobs and other responsibilities.

To me this game always seemed like a passion project of theirs, and passion projects have to come after your other responsibilities. They even give away an older version of the game on patreon completely free.

I've really enjoyed the 9 hours I put into the game so far and I hope they complete it, but personally I don't feel justified yelling at them to hurry up when I haven't spent a dime.

Shaggyy5

May 6, 2022
I completely agree that they should be more transparent and post a quick update if they aren't going to be able to meet the release dates they announce. Or just a post saying they don't know when they will be able to get to it due to personal issues so their patrons aren't misled.

I'm not saying that you can't criticize if you aren't paying...just that this development duo certainly isn't getting rich off of $250 a month each. $250 a month doesn't do shit for you anywhere in the US, and they most certainly have to prioritize their day jobs and other responsibilities.

To me this game always seemed like a passion project of theirs, and passion projects have to come after your other responsibilities. They even give away an older version of the game on patreon completely free.

I've really enjoyed the 9 hours I put into the game so far and I hope they complete it, but personally I don't feel justified yelling at them to hurry up when I haven't spent a dime.
Again, they committed to a Patreon to fund their game, they aren't doing it for free. That comes with promises and commitments that they are not delivering on. They are getting MONEY for nothing. This isn't "oh $500 is nothing at all," they are being paid $500 monthly for something. This is them getting a free $500 payment over multiple months of no work, which is more like getting $2000 plus as they drag the months on. And again, they were making more and would be making more if they had good practices and were producing the product in good faith.

To your reference to the US, there are many places in the US where an extra free $500 a month would be so nice, but in the past this dev has expressed a big move flying from the war in Ukraine as one of their reasons for delay (which to previous points, would be an understandable reason for delay), I can tell you that money would go much further in basically all other parts of the world.

We, that is me and others, apparently not you, have spent more than a dime towards the commitments for a game that I agree has good content but by now should have much more or in the very least, communication.

joses243

Aug 29, 2019
Again, they committed to a Patreon to fund their game, they aren't doing it for free. That comes with promises and commitments that they are not delivering on. They are getting MONEY for nothing. This isn't "oh $500 is nothing at all," they are being paid $500 monthly for something. This is them getting a free $500 payment over multiple months of no work, which is more like getting $2000 plus as they drag the months on. And again, they were making more and would be making more if they had good practices and were producing the product in good faith.

To your reference to the US, there are many places in the US where an extra free $500 a month would be so nice, but in the past this dev has expressed a big move flying from the war in Ukraine as one of their reasons for delay (which to previous points, would be an understandable reason for delay), I can tell you that money would go much further in basically all other parts of the world.

We, that is me and others, apparently not you, have spent more than a dime towards the commitments for a game that I agree has good content but by now should have much more or in the very least, communication.
I totally get being upset about the misleading posts and missed updates with no communication. If I was supporting this project I would have cancelled by now.

However, I don't think Patreon really comes with any promises or guarantees of receiving a finished product in a certain timeframe. I've always understood it more as support someone if you like what they are doing. This is why I would never sign up for any sort of yearly membership on there. I'm pretty sure refunds are solely at the discretion of the creator, so it's a good idea to never pledge more than you are willing to lose.

I also don't think it's fair to call this game a scam since they have probably put several hundred hours of work into it at this point. This game already has more content than many of the completed RPGM games I see on here. It's also 8-9 hours gameplay of story, puzzles, and custom minigames...not just stock RPGM combat and grinding to pad out the time like many games. I wouldn't be surprised at all if they've put over 1,000 hours into making the game so far.

That money would indeed go a lot farther in Ukraine, but if they successfully fled the country they probably had to do so illegally and may be dealing with more issues now. If they moved to a high cost of living country I could see it really hurting their motivation now when the $500 buys a lot less than it used to.

Xtravagant

Jan 16, 2023
I just want better clothing for the protag :cautious: he looks like someone who gets bullied cause hes excessively weird and hyoerfocuses on things that are actually useless. 0 style

Reactions: neoygg
4.10 star(s) 49 Votes