[S>Artist 3D] [S>Programmer] Paid Unpaid Amateur dev looking to join a team

Ethereal Fox

Jun 27, 2018
Hello,

I'm an amateur dev looking to join a team to hopefully make a game (or most likely fail trying and stop at v.0.0.3 pre Alpha :sneaky:) to boost my portfolio and have fun in the process.
Here's the summary of what can be considered my mad skillz and further details:

Skills:
3d:
- General 3d modeling (vehicles, characters, weapons, building and interiors with modularity, props) 5/10 meh
- UV unwrapping ( Can create optimized UVs and UDIMs) 6/10 everyone can do that don't fool yourself
- Texturing (Can bake many maps, Can use PBR workflow or traditional diff, spec workflow, still shit at texture painting) 4/10 so you just drop mats on models in from substance eh?
- Rigging & Skinning (I'll rigify or use automated tools and fail miserably at anything more like weight painting) 3/10 You'll never find a job with those skills.
- Animating (Can do basic animations assuming the rig isn't complete garbage and not too complicated) 3/10 This isn't pixar yet.
-Daz3D (Lmao that's not a skill you're just using a glorified game character creator with more sliders and more DLCs :ROFLMAO:) 7/10 At least I'm ok at something
-Rendering (Oh what's that node for ) 2/10 Can click the render button and hope for the best
-Shader writing (Let's not even talk about that black magic) 1/10 You have no idea what you're doing eh?

Programming:
-Java (My first language learned to a proficient level at school) 5/10 could probably work for an Indian firm at 3$/h
-C (Used it once or twice for school projects and Arduinos and never touched it again) 5/10 It's just C++ but with no class bro.
-C++ (Failed miserably to learn it as a teen to be a l33tx haxor (y), "learned" it anyway for school years later) 4/10 Could probably spaghettify any codebase
-C# ("Learned" it on my own as a teen to hax because C++ was too hard) 4/10 Hey you can write a WritreProcessMemory program somebody else wrote.
-Python 3 ("Learned" it at school in the introductory course CS.101 HOW TO CODE FOR DUMMIES) 3/10 Could never understand why there's no semicolon
-LSL (I played second life, that scripting language is useless anywhere else but I'm damn good at it) 9/10 You're still unemployable.
-Git & Other VCS (Use them for my projects and other projects still use GUI because my memory is shit and I don't like the scary console) 4/10 how can you be bad at this?
-Databases, etc (What is a relational db ??? :unsure:) 1/10 holy shit how can you know all that shit mentioned above but don't know DBs
-Web Dev (Know some HTML5, CSS, Javascript dipped my toes in VUE framewerk, said fuck all this and just use wordpress) 3/10 I'm the reason the web is shit and always be

Interpersonal:
I'm an easy going dude, can communicate. My friends like me (Or that's what I like to tell myself at night to sleep)
Speak french and english to an ok level because "Vive le Québec libre"

Availability:
Full time

Employment Type & Rates:
Will work for free if the project interest me,
Wouldn't mind shared revenue if it's a patreon project.
Will accept a less than decent offer if you're interested in one of my skills

Work Samples:
I'm shy and don't want the internet to look at my work ask in discord for samples.

Contact Info:
Discord: DejaVu#3543
noDevsStudios@protonmail.com
DM me here

Additional Info:
Will work on any type of project from the most depraved and immoral one to the more Christian type.

Txxus

Game Developer
Dec 6, 2017
Hey, man, I'm a pixel artist and I'm thinking about looking for a programmer so we can work on a game like teaching feeling, but more perverted (and using pixel art, ofc). I have a couple of portraits of the girl and a few backgrounds I did over the last few days. I can pay you or we can do revshare (I don't have experience publishing tho). I was planning to prepare more assets before looking for someone. It'd be a very perverted game, but most likely won't have any ntr, and if it does have, it'll be optional. Also no scat and no guro. Besides that, I don't think there'd be any limits. Here's the girl. I'll add you on Discord. Please let me know if you are interested or not:

KissKissStudio

Donor
Game Developer
Aug 8, 2016
Maybe focus on one thing dude, I would really use help from a programmer for my second project, but right now I don't really know what can you do cuz your post says that you don't know anything :D Like an average 3/10 score on everything, I would gladly hire you if you knew something really well and the jobi need to be done is not that hard:D And from my perspective iI really don't want to waste my time contacting you trough discord :D SO dont be shy and share your work at least it shows some of your skills, maybe you are comparing yourself to really good programmers that make really complex shit :D and some of us only need good Renpy skills and rpgm maker shit. Still good luck on your search!

P.S Daz3d is easy but knowing how lighting works is something different. :D

Last edited:
Reactions: Powerbabe

Ethereal Fox

Jun 27, 2018
In addition, ignores discord.
Even I have to sleep sometime. Our timezone might not be the same.

Maybe focus on one thing dude, I would really use help from a programmer for my second project, but right now I don't really know what can you do cuz your post says that you don't know anything :D Like an average 3/10 score on everything, I would gladly hire you if you knew something really well and the jobi need to be done is not that hard:D And from my perspective iI really don't want to waste my time contacting you trough discord :D SO dont be shy and share your work at least it shows some of your skills, maybe you are comparing yourself to really good programmers that make really complex shit :D and some of us only need good Renpy skills and rpgm maker shit. Still good luck on your search!

P.S Daz3d is easy but knowing how lighting works is something different. :D
Here some of my 3d werk

c2.png

More Daz, this isn't final render don't bash me on the grains pls.

c1.png

sp1.png

sp3.png
sp4.jpg

sp5.jpg

Arcmaster

Apr 24, 2020
As you are quite okay with using Daz Studio, you should focus specifically on that. You can also get multiple tutorials that can help you improve your skills. I am a short-film story writer myself with some knowledge in BlueJava from my school days and a little bit of C programming during my university days. I learned Python and Ren'py programming using various online video resources so I think you can try that for Daz Studio as well.

I have a well-planned out major project that I want to release on Patreon and have even created 300 lines of content in Ren'Py along with the implementation of music but it requires significant skills in artwork development and animations as the theme is a bit dark. Currently, I am learning to use blender for 3D modeling and plan on creating two small free single version games to test and develop my skills so if you are interested you can work on the artworks in one of them. If your work on the free project is as per my requirements, I wouldn't mind a shared revenue deal for the major project. However, the time-zone does factor into it as it will be problematic coordinating if our time zones are different.

I added you on discord, if you are interested I would like to discuss further there.

Capella

I write.
Game Developer
Mar 12, 2018
So no one's gonna say how sick that tank looks? I could really use some of that modelling a few years from now...

Reactions: Cokane0

YAMUMAN

Jun 14, 2020
Hi man, if you're still looking to take on a project I just made a post looking for teammates to help me develop my new game concept. I'm looking to make an old-school, dark fantasy RPG with deep character writing and fun, interesting gameplay. You seem to have a lot of different skillsets, which is awesome, and I think you would be a great addition to the team. If you're interested in my project feel free to check out my original forum post which includes the full details on the project, as well as all my contact info. Thanks for your consideration.

https://f95zone.to/threads/i-am-a-w...fantasy-rpg-concept-looking-for-a-team.72459/