Mod Ren'Py Amnesia Walkthrough/Gallery mod [v0.98a Extended][scrappy]

5.00 star(s) 2 Votes

Roy26633356

May 16, 2020
Screenshot 2023-05-14 195606.png

I'm wondering why you change image format .webp to .png that cause image error in phone apps .

Left side your's right side official script

Last edited:

tan79

Jun 22, 2019
Hi all my compressed unofficial Android port of Amnesia 0.92a with scrappy WT mod

Usual gestures, save name/delete, seethru textbox, resizeable game and dialogue text.
Scrollable textbox - no more text off the bottom of your screen
Alternative persistent saves/log location
Grant storage permissions on first run!

Edit: updated to fix an issue I had with a video scene.
Please update to the new version, big thanks

Reactions: Kuba1

dp7885

Feb 20, 2020
So I've been poking around in the game trying to fix the mistakes in the graphic file names. Now I've come across the suddenly not in English thing. Does anybody have a clue what causes this or where to look?

omglolguy32

Dec 10, 2019
I'm using 0.93a for both the game and the mod and I keep getting an error when trying to open the gallery. I've never played the game before so everything is a fresh install.

"IOError: Couldn't find file 'images/Gallery/bg Gallery.jpg'. I've checked in the map and it's indeed not there. is there a file missing in the mod package? Like a background image for the gallery?

dp7885

Feb 20, 2020
As near as I can tell, the game's author changed graphic file types to reduce the overall size. The mod's author didn't quite get the changes right in his modified scripts. The main problems seem to be confusion between jpg and webm file types. It's likely that the jpg file you are looking for doesn't exist but a webm file with the same basename does. I assume the mod author utilized some sort of global find and replace and didn't check thoroughly, but that is an uneducated guess. You would have to alter the Ren'py script to point to the right file, assuming you have an uncompiled, unarchived version. I've been playing with this myself attempting to find a way to automate the corrections.

omglolguy32

Dec 10, 2019
Hmm there's only a subfolder in that location though, not even a webm. So i guess it also switched places?

Anyhow, if that's the case I guess i'll just wait with trying out the game until the mod has been fixed/updated, i'll play other games instead. Was curious about how Amnesia is as a game, but not that curious that i'm going to mess around in game files.

Thanks very much for the answer though :)

Hopefully scrappy can fix this soon(ish) <3

Wills747

Engaged Member
Dec 14, 2018
Hi all my compressed unofficial Android port of Amnesia 0.93a with scrappy WT mod

Usual gestures, save name/delete, seethru textbox, resizeable game and dialogue text.
Scrollable textbox - no more text off the bottom of your screen
Alternative persistent saves/log location
Grant storage permissions on first run!

Updated my Android port to v0.93a

Reactions: tan79

dp7885

Feb 20, 2020
To
omglolguy32

If you look a little closer you will see a number of files with an .rpa extension. These are archive files that contain a lot of the files. It may be that the file in question is in an rpa file which has an internal directory structure like a zip file. By some magic I don't understand yet Ren'py knows how to load these files when the game is loaded. There are utilities like rpatool and UnRen.bat that can extract these files and decompile the rpyc files if necessary. That's how I'm looking into the internals to see what's happening. Pure curiosity on my part I don't have the creativity to actually write a mod or a game. <sigh>

muumi

Nov 25, 2017
Hi, I have been stuck in the "Test No. 2 Are you emotionally insecure?" test for some time now.
Does someone have the correct answers?

joongyz

May 5, 2023
Why I can't use unren to extract rpa file. It's always error. I'm try extract in folder that file rpa stay. I use UnRen-1.0.10b.bat and UnRen-Powershell-forall.ps1

N0madS0uL

Sep 30, 2020
I keep getting random script errors which I usually just ignore but it removes some features when I do like clicking things in the game world. The mod works with the green text suggestions but thats it, it throws these random errors. Soon as I install the game and even use the old save game it works fine, but obviously no walkthrough...

5.00 star(s) 2 Votes