RPGM - Among Cults [v0.2.8 Test] [Artes Septim]

1. 4.00 star(s)

fred364f

Wonderful game, can't wait for more content! The futa parts are goated and we need more of it!

Although the crashes can get annoying the autosave seems to make it more of a hassle than a mayor issue. I also use the mouse to navigate and i often encounter points where i need to use the keyboard just to interact with things. Yes the mouse may work sometimes but not always. Overall the game itself vatsly outshines the problems it have.
  2. 5.00 star(s)

StubTailDstroyer

Great visuals and mechanics. I did get some intermittent crashing, but I don't know if that's because I'm running it under WINE or if that's normal. The auto-save is pretty often, so I never lost much progress from a crash anyways. There is kinda a lot of walking from one place to another in the game, to the point that I sometimes wished I could run faster, though it does give you time to appreciate the detailed background art.
  3. 5.00 star(s)

MONOHELL

The game has a lot of potential and the only thing to wish for is for it to be realized. And that is more art; more animations; vore animations, not just text description; more vore; non-lethal vore; different vore options; more futanari.

In the current version - [v0.2.7 Test] - it took me 4 hours to get through, but most of that time was spent walking around, replaying game over moments, and moments when I didn't know what to do and just talked to everyone to complete a quest. Of course, walking is solved by fast movement and potion of speed, but still it is a lot. Sometimes I didn't understand what to do, I could use some hints in the journal. And I had a couple of bugs, but not critical. Much worse game crashes - mostly often crashed when moving to a location.

I give it a 5 out of 5. Just for the idea, juicy artwork and for future content.
  4. 5.00 star(s)

EdgeOfShadow

Note: personally I don't like vore and while it's avoidable, there is a lot of it so for me it was more of 4/5 than 5/5.

I liked what this game had so far:

Pros:
    - simple but interesting story (good world building)
    - good art
    - nice sex scenes
    - overall good experience
    Cons:
    - too much walklng (there is fast travel though)
    - "press spacebar" minigame is annoying, not hard but just annoying, luckily minigames are not too common

Personal cons (not included in the scoring):
    - too much vore
    - not enough futa

This game is really nice, has quite a lot of content for just 7 months of development.
  5. 5.00 star(s)

Archetype0

Note: I have yet to play the newest version, but the update reminded me to check up on this game. So the newest scenes are a bit beyond me right now.

This game actually scratched a few itches I had in the right way if I'm being honest.. When I first saw this game, I was prepared to be disappointed, but the art I saw of the MC had me being like "Okay. Let's at least see it." and man was I surprised.

I might actually be over-rating the game, as from what I recall of it.. the scenes in the game currently are out of this world. IF any level of animation was applied, or even just extra images to things here and there, the few that are in the game right now would blast almost any other scene in eroge that I've seen so far out of the water. It truly stands as a testament to quality over quantity, but that's also the new problem now.. It leaves one wanting more.

To back up some, this game has some controversial tags. Vore being probably the one to scare away most people. Trap being potentially another. Can fairly safely say that if you aren't a fan of Futa on Femboy, it's probably gonna be extremely hard to avoid, but the MC is so extremely feminine to the point that you could fairly easily forget that they're even a boy (The characters in the game even pick at him over it) and things are hinted at towards the possibility of even having the MC be transformed.

The Vore however is currently able to be avoided fairly easily and more comes as an "Obstacle" than as a feature (So far at least). Your goal is to NOT get eaten, and puzzles/enemies in the game eat you more so as a failure to figure out how to win, rather than as a reward for anything (So no endovore right now, if people were hoping to see that)

There's a fair bit of... "Padding" as I've seen someone else post in the reviews, and being fair.. I've got to agree, but this game is so new that it's actually to be expected and I don't blame the dev with trying to pad things out so as to provide us a longer gameplay experience.. for now.. But in the future I'm sure that they will cut out a lot of the fluff. Currently the most irksome to me is the repetition of the singular mini-game that they provide, which is to time your button press on to a bar that slowly shrinks. It would be neat to see some variance (Under Skirt Blowjob for instance being more about avoiding detection from passing by customers.. or gaining attention from it. Smashing berries becoming a bit of a rythm thing would be neat. and the sweeping mini-job could be turned into finding the piles of trash/dirt and cleaning them up) (Also Under Skirt Blowjob needs a reward section.. Where you can just watch the.. images? Idk if you can call it animation, but it almost doesn't matter. Just getting to see a bit more of what's going on while doing the mini-game without having to press buttons would be neat.. that's all)

Tough part here, is to rate.. well.. the taboo stuff in it. The art is all high quality here, I'm not used to seeing vore content however, but as far as I've seen, it seems fairly good. There's a lot of repetition currently with it, but I imagine that the developer will eventually want to diversify things and make it all a bit different and give some variance to it all. People who enjoy these scenes also seem to join scenes of seeing them going down or being caught and coerced into things.. Which last I recall, didn't seem like a very prevelant thing at this time, but it's one of those things that I assume that with time, will be worked on. I'm not personally big on Vore, but I try my best to be neutral on fetishes and taboo things.

Does seem to be potential for the MC to also have a more straight relationship.. and for domination to become a thing.. and for there to be several other such kinks to be fulfilled.. The Scene where you end up getting caught by Helen.. I strongly wish there were some images and content available to see more of that, rather than just a game over screen, but it also opens up the mind to several other ideas

I wouldn't mind seeing routes where the MC is in full control.. becomes a slave to someone else.. become someone else's "Girl" or even actual girl.. Some of the relationships between the MC and characters present is really cute.. and many of the characters presented are actually fairly funny and also somewhat endearing. Time will tell what all can happen in this

All in all, there's sadly not as much of this out right now as one may like, but it shows promise and potential. If it got attention and backing, I could imagine this game actually fulfilling some very niche genres that are extremely rarely touched upon. It's just hard to say if the developer will find a way to tastefully satisfy everyone's desires or if this will only cater to those who are okay with the tags

TLDR:
    Pros:
    - Massive Potential
    - Extremely good quality so far
    - Has several fairly memorable character
    - Attempts to deal with extremely niche and rarely touched genres and knocks it out of the park on them
    - Scenes presented aren't too terribly hard to get into, but some might not like that
    - The main character is rather unique. They don't exactly start off crossdressing, but they still look extremely feminine, though they're a boy.. Opens a lot of doors for a lot of things
    - So far seems to be attempting to present the player with choices for a lot of things in the game right now
    - Male character corruption is extremely rare, but this game has it
    - The Lore and story so far are kind of silly, but it's a more whimsical and fun approach to things

Cons:
    - Short and not a lot of content currently
    - Tags might not be your cup of tea and may scare you away (Vore and Trap) if it doesn't scare you though, then it's a welcome treat
    - Currently does have some padding for the sake of padding rather than firm objectives and such, but it's hard to do that with an amnesiac MC
    - Introduction is.. actually a bit on the weak side, but once again, hard to have a strong one with an amnesiac MC
    - Needs some variety in side-scrolling/gameplay as well as variance in mini-games
    - Currently seems to be missing images/text for some of the scenes I would most want to see (Helen x MC | Susan x MC | Valentine x MC)
    - Corruption Rate? (There's only one instance of it so far) it just seems a bit fast is all.. It also doesn't strike me as very avoidable? But time will tell

Neutral:
    - The game is rather new. There's also not a lot of people backing the dev right now, so content is slow to come out.
    - Seems to be missing some extra scenes for some things that I'm sure fans of Vore would care deeply about seeing, but.. it'll probably come along soon enough

Just as a note. I am someone who can usually find some level of attraction or understanding of the attraction to nearly any fetish, be it taboo or not. I tend to try and be neutral towards disliking or liking something and be as objective as I can when analyzing content with things of that nature. I try my best to rate them based on quality and effort I see being given. If I see bad Vore or Trap stuff.. I have no problems with saying it could be done better, and could probably even be bothered to explain how it could be improved if need be. But I will not simply hate on any one genre or tag simply because of what it is, and at the same time.. I will not like it simply for its tag either

Also if the dev sees this and you're needing a hand with proofreading your game. I've said this on another post as well for a different game, but this game would be a piece of cake to proofread right now. I could probably even prepare a document with all mistakes and what they should/could be corrected to and could likely even improve the english used if it's desired in just a couple of hours or so
  6. 1.00 star(s)

HomeInvasion04

Too much walking back and forth, most dialogue options, result in a game over. The game halts progression a lot by forcing you to get x amount of money, which you obtain by just looting barrels or bushes (You also have to stop to loot instead of being able to keep walking and looting).
  7. 5.00 star(s)

wadarkhu

Wow. The pixel art is super cute, the h-content good quality and the writing is just top notch - just the right tone. This is clearly a passion project, you can see it from all the little touches and the care. I would pay big bucks for a full length game.

Oh, and I'm not even into vore. I'm just here for the shotaconfutaonmale.
  8. 1.00 star(s)

Lance231

Wrong use of tags. Came expecting a futa protagonist like the tags said but was disappointed when the MC was male. The only thing that you can do is later use a potion to transform into a female MC but there is no futa protagonist in this game.
  9. 5.00 star(s)

Yacon

Well, if I can be completely honest, I'm NOT a vore fan, but this game won me in 3 things.
    First: The MC is a femboy, who in a few scenes is feminized, so I think that this has potential
    Second: The art. Man the art is simply gorgeous
    Thrid, and honestly the most important one: Futa. On. Male. I repeat, Futa on male. LET'S GOOOOOOOOO
  10. 5.00 star(s)

vismaster

To start off, I'm not a vore fan and I never have been. That being said, holy cow, this game blew me away for a demo! You can tell that this is a labour of love with all of the custom art that goes into it. I think it helps that the MC is hecking cute. It seems like a great start with the developer managing to achieve a good amount of breadth and quality within the gameplay just upon the first release. This is definitely going to be on my radar moving forward.
  11. 5.00 star(s)

Emory Andrew Tate

The game has some issues in my opinion, but most of them are easily fixable. One of those issues would be the excessive amounts of walking, but there already is a fast travel system and the issue would be solved by simply expanding on an already established system.
    Another thing is that the UI really pisses me off. I save-scum a lot, and the fact that the curser always is on an auto save instead of the save I last used caused me to waste too much time on erratically clicking through the save menu and I refuse to slow down to properly select the correct save.
    I also got soft-locked by losing a certain quest and had to replay a fair bit on an older save since the NPC just wasn't there. A more detailed quest journal would have helped me realize that there was supposed to be an NPC there so that I wouldn't have had to run through the entire Map to look for the end of the version.
    Adding to the wastes of time is the timing minigame that just takes too long. I though I had soft-locked myself in an infinite loop, especially since the game randomly decided to just make my task manager ask wtf I'm doing with my RAM due to a memory leak or something (not the most stable of games, save often). Some more variety in minigames would be appreciated to.
    Finally, I hate vore and I think it's disgusting. Just my personal preference though. It's not too bad though, you can just skip the dialogue of the scenes and the only thing there really are CGs for are the morbidly obese aftermaths of said scenes. The vore is easily avoidable in most cases as well, so I don't really mind it. If you're just here for the femdom aspects of the game, go ahead and give it a try.

Why am I giving this game 5* despite only complaining about it in my review? Because fuck you, I don't need to explain why I like a game. This game has sovl and that's enough for me to appreciate it. Tate out.
  12. 3.00 star(s)

skaisher

It has potential but would need some work to become great.

The gameplay is slow, with lots of walking back and forth. There is no real way to know what to do. For example, I got one of the girls to 5 hearts and got nothing for it.

It's mainly vore content with a lot of gameovers, which is pretty annoying imo.

The art, writing and music are all pretty good though.
  13. 4.00 star(s)

Pink smell

Really good game really good art and a interesting story. H-scence are often interactive with a minigame. For all the people who like this type of genre is it perfect. My only down side is, is the censoring. A pixel would be much better as a emoji
  14. 4.00 star(s)

notatempromise

Has a lot of potential. The uncommon camera angle is a very nice thing to see, and I think the art is good. Personally glad to see some trap protagonist stuff, but personal tastes cause me to dislike the large amount of vore in this game. It's unfortunate that this is just a demo yet marked as completed, but I hope that it just means that this was just a test game, and that the creator plans to make a full length game not too desimilar from this.
  15. 4.00 star(s)

Playfulpetfox

Fills a very interesting niche with both vore and a trap MC. The art itself is cute and higher quality than a lot of other H games, but not the best, landing it nicely in the above average category there. It has animations, which is always a huge plus, and what's even better is that they're actually good. The downside is that you can't really control them as much as I'd like, and that definitely could be improved. They more or less end on their own, so enjoying them fully is hard.

The gameplay is far and away the worst part of the game, being just slow and overall boring. Not the worst I've ever seen, but overall mediocre to play through. A seriously strong demo that I do hope gets continual support. If this stays in the oven long enough, it might be something genuinelly awesome. It's shaping up to be a lot of fun so far. Not as great as Echidna Wars DX, but that's a pretty hard ticket to match.