Ren'Py an idea i had

is it a good idea for a game?

• Total voters

BredeBert

Jul 18, 2017
for mods and admins: if not allowed i am sorry but i have no clue where to pitch this so if there is a subforum for this please can you put my post there?

So here is an idea for a ren'py game if any developer(s) want to pick this up that'd be awesome hell i'd even work along on it if you want/let me!

I am going to be honnest here and i am doing it with a smile ren'py gives me a headache and drawing/posing is not my jam at all (even to the risk of me fucking it up) but i do have an idea for a game where MC is a CEO/founder/owner of a company. (Working title of the company is Harem Ltd.)
(branch can be decided later) His goal is to make his company grow but in the mean time he travels the world and sees all kinds of cool things and makes ladies work for him (with all kinds of kinky and sexy adventures of course!) i got a general idea for the story so far and i have an outline for 1 character already.

I am willing to work on the dialouges and willing to learn alongside so i can work with ren'py i don't know why it gives me a massive headache everytime i start on something also i do have a background in IT i am also willing to do all kinds of odd jobs to make this game come real as a hobby/learning project or a real published and/or supported game Who is with me? Or is there such a game out there already?

Winterfire

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Game Developer
Sep 27, 2018
Sorry if this may sound off topic but do you actually get a real headache or is it just a way to say that it is too hard and you can't be bothered with it?

Reactions: BredeBert

BredeBert

Jul 18, 2017
Sorry if this may sound off topic but do you actually get a real headache or is it just a way to say that it is too hard and you can't be bothered with it?
after 3 days it did give me a litteral headache yes :p and i had to put my towl in the ring and admit to myself and to you now that ren'py is waaaaay beyond me

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
Let us reverse engineer this, just for the fun of it:
bert said -> I am going to be honest here and i am doing it with a smile - > NO HEAD Ache!
Next on his list: Ren ' Py gives me a headache - > generally thinking of the program gets the bad mood going - again, he is just now smiling and reminiscing.

Now, because he 'fessed up - > drawing/posing is not my jam at all -> this throws DAZ/Octane?3Dmax out the window...

Now comes the big one ... it gives me a massive headache everytime i start on something -> which means he is literally waiting on someone else to start something that would not give bert headaches ...

Who be the HERO?

Winterfire

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Game Developer
Sep 27, 2018
Have you tried with a tutorial? This one is pretty good and still updated to this day:

Otherwise have you tried with twine?
I may be wrong but I think that if you throw something together as an example you will find help way easier, it does not have to be anything great, just a proof of concept.

BredeBert

Jul 18, 2017
bert said -> I am going to be honest here and i am doing it with a smile - > NO HEAD Ache!
Next on his list: Ren ' Py gives me a headache - > generally thinking of the program gets the bad mood going - again, he is just now smiling and reminiscing.
fair point! i am smiling though cause i dont want to be ashamed of any shortcommings i might have to understanding ren'py (and python in essence)

BredeBert

Jul 18, 2017
Have you tried with a tutorial? This one is pretty good and still updated to this day:

Otherwise have you tried with twine?
I may be wrong but I think that if you throw something together as an example you will find help way easier, it does not have to be anything great, just a proof of concept.
that would be so cool cause i am really willing to give this a chance one way or another :)

BredeBert

Jul 18, 2017

Now, because he 'fessed up - > drawing/posing is not my jam at all -> this throws DAZ/Octane?3Dmax out the window...

Now comes the big one ... it gives me a massive headache everytime i start on something -> which means he is literally waiting on someone else to start something that would not give bert headaches ...

Who be the HERO?
also a fair point! but who said i was going to sit back and relax? i asked for a bit of help i mean the question is clear who wants to help me or pick this up and let me help with the character and story development of the game. @Winterfire gave me some pointers and i am picking that lead up and see if i can get any further with this and if nothing else anybody who thinks he/she might be of help be more than welcome to help me out here and there mind you this is as an interest and pure hobby based for me as there is no way for me to make money off of this as i am new to this

Reactions: Winterfire

Winterfire

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Game Developer
Sep 27, 2018
May I also suggest you to write that same request on reddit? r/NSFWGaming and r/lewdgames
I have seen such requests pop up there, I do not know how many get answered but you may as well give it a shoot.

BredeBert

Jul 18, 2017
May I also suggest you to write that same request on reddit? r/NSFWGaming and r/lewdgames
I have seen such requests pop up there, I do not know how many get answered but you may as well give it a shoot.
I might do that over there too see if I can get more leads thanks for the YT link and I am looking into twine RN