RPGM - Completed - Angelic Acceptor Alouette [Feburary Edition] [Large Battleship Studios]

1. 5.00 star(s)

Miacis

This review is written for the beta version. The game is fully playable but has a few inconsiderable pathing glitches and typos (which is not unusual given the amount of text). With technical disclaimer out of the way, the review is following.

Man do I Love Saintbomber's games! In AAA:VXA he went back to the episodic structure of the narrative, which we've seen in Embric of Wulfhammer previously. On one hand, it makes everything look a bit more confusing than it is and in few cases messes up the order of episodes. On the other, it helps better worldbuilding and character development which you clearly can see on case-to-case basis within the course of the story.

When I was playing A Dragon's reQuest, I thought SB clearly peaked with his characters. It felt almost impossible to realize in AAA that he has leveled up even more! I'd say the main cast of DreQ was nothing short of amazing, but in AAA it's the case for the antagonists as well! And most of secondary characters even!

As in any other game of Saintbomber, you also may expect plenty of references to real world people and culture. Though this time probably due to the game being set in modern world on Earth. There's so many of them that I'm sure I didn't understand at least some of them, but the ones I did made the experience only better. How so? None of these felt as pulling from real world examples just to fill the void of author's imagination. It's the contrary, that (but not limited to) which complements the setting and (mainly) the characters, making them much more believable, alive, and simply Loveable.

The attention to detail in showcasing each of the characters is undisputedly immaculate. Saintbomber really stretched out what RPGmaker is capable of and it shows in almost every dialogue and scene.

With how attached I grew to the characters and story, games like this are unfairly hard to complete. Not because technical difficulties or requirement of some mechanical skill, just because I find a (big) part of me wanting the story to never end. It's that type of an art which makes you stop being horny and start being happy instead.

Overall, given to the DreQ an internal rating of 11 out of 10 previously, I'd rate Angelic Acceptor Alouette 12 out of 10 probably, as a clear and unbelievable step up. As a side note, if SB gave two fucks about it he would have probably been one of the best selling authors.
  2. 5.00 star(s)

Shinlaw

Just another solid 5*. Probably the best yuri out there and I pretty much tried every game there is. And, compared to previous games from the dev, much easier to navigate (but no less complex).

Scripts are smooth and I haven't encountered any serious bugs. Music is very nice and always on point. Writing is amazing, characters are deep and developed incredibly. There are some CGs here and there, but consider it a treat instead of a reward. Go in expecting only stock character sprites and various effects for visuals.

Be ready to read a lot and to enjoy every second of it.
  3. 5.00 star(s)

Eldt

This is a really good game. As in good enough that I'm willing to support on patreon or all the other crowdfunding sites. It's mechanically interesting enough for an RPG maker game and the writing is spot on. It knows when to take itself seriously or when to make jokes really well which is all the more impressive considering the main theme for the game is the magical girl genre. Definitely looking forward to any future games coming from these devs and will be looking at their past games now.
  4. 5.00 star(s)

WestorEast

A great game! Lewdness is below what any M-rated AAA game would offer but that doesn't matter. What does is the sheer charm, heart and humor that the game has to offer over its 30 hour runtime. Simone and her friends and enemies are all excellently realized in both humor and sadness and drama. Fully recommend it for anyone who's looking for anything other than a quick masturbation session.
  5. 5.00 star(s)

teddidiah

It's a mostly-wholesome rollercoaster experience of humor and plight and people who get magical girls, which unfortunately can't be said for a lot of other media platformed on this site. It's top of the line stuff, but keep in mind two things; the quality is all in the writing, not the production quality, and the fact that it's in RPGmaker is more of a vehicle to find events and storylines, not an actual RPG to speak of - all the fights are simple and canned things.
  6. 5.00 star(s)

Kommios

First and foremost, that is not a game to fap to - so if that's what you're looking for, there are plenty of options elsewhere.
    With that out of the way, Angelic Acceptor Alouette is an absolute joy. It's funny, clever, cute and engaging. I laughed out loud a number of times playing this, I care about the charcters, and I'm intruiged by the story.
    Seriously, can't recommend this highly enough.
  7. 5.00 star(s)

prinnydood

While there isn't much H content to be found the, Saintbomber's were never really game for fapping so I won't really rate it on that. But as games as mediums to tell a story SB sure is one of my favorites.
    Story wise everything is a such a joy to read, and since it being framed in some what of a anime episodic format I'm been having a lot of fun just enjoying it as a sort of monthly batch of episodes for my favorite anime.
    The characters they write are so full of life and character that it's really hard not to just want to see what going to happen to them and get really invested. Also being set in a modern setting is a first for SB and I'm really having a lot of fun following along the episodes as they pan out.
    Idk what to say really but the storys are really good, and enjoyable hope that other people have fun watchin/playin the games too. Also there's probably going to be a H scene or probably towards the end of development but it probably will be less for fapping and more story purposes like the rest of the games. But yeah, I wrote this review about three updates in and its honestly all been a blast.