Animation from Daz to Unreal.

Shved

Jun 9, 2019
How to correctly export animation from daz to unreal?
There are no problems with a simple model, but when it is made of several elements (for example, Golden Palace for G8), they do not coincide.
I need only animation. The model itself is exported without problems.

DreamBig Games

Donor
Game Developer
May 27, 2017
If you have a model with genitalia, Daz will export 2 skeletons ( 1 for the model, 1 for the genitalia) and this is something that Unreal doesn't want. What you need to do, is to get the model into a 3d editing program, like Maya, 3DSMAX, Blender, and remove the genital skeleton, attach and rig the genital to the model skeleton, and then export it into UE4.
Also, when you export animation from Daz, you need to do the same thing, edit it, so there is only 1 skeleton.

HAve a look at how my skeleton looks like:

Another thing you will struggle with is to get the genitalia to morph ( open close, open anus, etc ) I have been able to get 1 genitalia morph on the base model, but it's hard work.

Shved

Jun 9, 2019
Thank you very much for the answer.
To be honest this is the way I was afraid to hear. Rigging the model is not my strong point, and this was the main reason why I chose Daz.

WishyWashWosh

Apr 20, 2019
I can only speak for "New Gens for Vitoria 8". Ticking "Merge Clothing Into Figure Skeleton" on export will merge the genitalia with body skeleton hierarchy.
Remove the Genitalia Effect and Color layer shells in Daz. You will still have to go into a DCC to remove a two pieces ("new_gens_V8_1840FBXASC046Shape" and "Genesis8FemaleFBXASC046Shape").

While here you might aswell clean up the bone hierarchy. Parts of Unreal animation system doesn't like the following hierarchy:
-ShldrBend
|-ShldrTwist
||-ForearmBend
|||-ForearmTwist
||||-Hand

Reparent these as follow:
-ShldrBend
|-ForearmBend
||-Hand
||-ForearmTwist
|-ShldrTwist

Hope that made sense, move out twist bones from the chain.

Morphs
Step1. Open Property Hierarchy window. (Window->Panes->Property Hierarchy)
Step2. Under the Parameters tab, open the morphs for the genitalia. Enter edit mode (Right click any morph and click Edit mode). Now drag any morphs you wish to export into the figure in the Property Hierarchy window. This will create Aliases, and seems to trigger the morphs to export.
Step3. Ensure that the morph export rules are setup to export those morphs.

EDIT: Doesn't work since 4.14

Last edited:

Shved

Jun 9, 2019
Morphs
Step1.
Open Property Hierarchy window. (Window->Panes->Property Hierarchy)
Step2. Under the Parameters tab, open the morphs for the genitalia. Enter edit mode (Right click any morph and click Edit mode). Now drag any morphs you wish to export into the figure in the Property Hierarchy window. This will create Aliases, and seems to trigger the morphs to export.
With morphs, too strange. They are exported, there are curves, but they have no effect on the model.

WishyWashWosh

Apr 20, 2019
With morphs, too strange. They are exported, there are curves, but they have no effect on the model.
Did the other morph targets import correctly? Check Skeletal mesh for morph targets: Open the skeletal mesh, click Window in the top left and then Morph Target Previewer.

The checkbox is easy to miss when importing a character.

Reactions: Shved

DreamBig Games

Donor
Game Developer
May 27, 2017
Does the animation work? Even if the morphs are not working?
I have not used this method, I have created the morphs in Maya, so I don't know exactly how this method should work.

Reactions: Shved

Shved

Jun 9, 2019
Did the other morph targets import correctly?
After all, morphs work fine. I transferred, as you said in edit mode, the necessary morphs to the main model.
Then export to 3dmax and delete it.

Then export to UE and that's it!

Thank you very much.

Peace&Love

Mar 12, 2020
Morphs
Step1.
Open Property Hierarchy window. (Window->Panes->Property Hierarchy)
Sorry for reviving the thread and thanks for the info, but I can't find the "edit mode".
When I right click on any morph, there is no "Edit Mode" there:

noEditMode.png

Am I missing something?

AdulTlubA

Oct 12, 2020
After all, morphs work fine. I transferred, as you said in edit mode, the necessary morphs to the main model.
Then export to 3dmax and delete it.
View attachment 332067

Thank you very much.
Cat you explain what you removed?

I exported my daz model to Maya and I see this:
maya_outliner.png

I tried to remove some of them but no luck!
I see morph curves in UE4 but they have no effect on the model.

lobotomist

Sep 4, 2017
just use this to import to blender. It has an option to automerge genitalia. Very well explained (with pictures) in the manual.
Convert the rig to rigify (also automatically) and use the official rigify to unreal tools to import.

Reactions: tdree

AdulTlubA

Oct 12, 2020
Thank you, for your response! I'll try.
Unfortunately, I didn't have blender skills. I think it will not be so easy as you described))

DreamBig Games

Donor
Game Developer
May 27, 2017

And it's free.
ONce you exported the model, did all the unreal work for it, just export the anim as FBX.

AdulTlubA

Oct 12, 2020
And it's free.
ONce you exported the model, did all the unreal work for it, just export the anim as FBX.
I tried it bridge, but it doesn't work with golden palace genitals.
I have some problems.

1) material problem (but not a big problem, I can fix it manually):
1602787120665.png

2) genital morphs didn't export.

3) genital didn't connect to root skelet:
1602787362028.png

AdulTlubA

Oct 12, 2020
daz-importer-version-15 just use this to import to blender. It has an option to automerge genitalia. Very well explained (with pictures) in the manual.
Convert the rig to rigify (also automatically) and use the official rigify to unreal tools to import.
Not bad importer.
But I can't import genitals morphs (

lobotomist

Sep 4, 2017
Not bad importer.
But I can't import genitals morphs (
did you check in
C:\Users\Public\Documents\My DAZ 3D Library\data\Meipex\GoldenPalace\GoldenPalace_Genitalia\Morphs\Meipex\Base

or wherever your daz library is? thats the direction for me

Reactions: AdulTlubA

AdulTlubA

Oct 12, 2020
did you check in
C:\Users\Public\Documents\My DAZ 3D Library\data\Meipex\GoldenPalace\GoldenPalace_Genitalia\Morphs\Meipex\Base

or wherever your daz library is? thats the direction for me
Thank you!! "She is alive!")))
I will study Blender and rigify today.