Animation from Daz to Unreal.

AdulTlubA

Oct 12, 2020
just use this to import to blender. It has an option to automerge genitalia. Very well explained (with pictures) in the manual.
Convert the rig to rigify (also automatically) and use the official rigify to unreal tools to import.
Which official tools did you mean?
I tried send2ue and it doesn't work correctly with rigify (with metarig works well).

AdulTlubA

Oct 12, 2020
I have same problem with materials: how did you solve?
I made material manualy. GP genitals has mask textures (transparency textures). I Lerp textures with it mask.
Note, in my case (Mesh: Daz->Blender->UE4, Material: Daz->UE4) for GP genitals I have second UV layer (use a TexCoord node for switching).

cippirimerlo

Jan 31, 2019
I made material manualy. GP genitals has mask textures (transparency textures). I Lerp textures with it mask.
Note, in my case (Mesh: Daz->Blender->UE4, Material: Daz->UE4) for GP genitals I have second UV layer (use a TexCoord node for switching).
Ok, thx. Have you done that in unreal engine or in an extern software (photoshop, paint shop etc...)

AdulTlubA

Oct 12, 2020
Ok, thx. Have you done that in unreal engine or in an extern software (photoshop, paint shop etc...)
Only in UE4.
In the attachment, you can see part of the material for the main color. The rest is by analogy.
The nodes before Lerp I getting from the original Daz materials.

Reactions: piefucker

xkfa

Jan 30, 2021
Looks like export don't work id daz 4.14-4.15 (i "copy" morphs to property hierarchy but they don't appear in export list). Works in 4.10. (i have 2 daz versions).
Can anybody confirm this about 4.14-4.15 versions or i something missed?

slawdos

Oct 25, 2019
Looks like export don't work id daz 4.14-4.15 (i "copy" morphs to property hierarchy but they don't appear in export list). Works in 4.10. (i have 2 daz versions).
Can anybody confirm this about 4.14-4.15 versions or i something missed?
Did U check morph import in export window(in UE)?

Last edited:

xkfa

Jan 30, 2021
Did U check morph import in export window(in UE)?
Yes.
It works in daz 4.10, and not working in daz 4.14-4.15. Morphs (anatomical) not present in daz export list , even if i "copy" morphs to property hierarchy.
By daz export list i mean this (attachment):

Last edited:

slawdos

Oct 25, 2019
Yes.
It works in daz 4.10, and not working in daz 4.14-4.15. Morphs (anatomical) not present in daz export list , even if i "copy" morphs to property hierarchy.
By daz export list i mean this (attachment):
mb it's help

JMHenriques

Jun 17, 2018
r reviving the thread and thanks for the info, but I can't find the "edit mode".
just use this to import to blender. It has an option to automerge genitalia. Very well explained (with pictures) in the manual.
Convert the rig to rigify (also automatically) and use the official rigify to unreal tools to import.
When I use the UE to rigify tool from Epic it messes up since when we convert to rigify with Diffeomorphic the bones are changed and I cannot seem to get to work in unreal since I cannot find the correct bones to retarget correctly... could you help on this?

slawdos

Oct 25, 2019
When I use the UE to rigify tool from Epic it messes up since when we convert to rigify with Diffeomorphic the bones are changed and I cannot seem to get to work in unreal since I cannot find the correct bones to retarget correctly... could you help on this?
I think you need keep skeleton like daz in blender. Do not use convert to Rigify or MHX.
Here a script for blender, rename bones from daz to UE4.

JMHenriques

Jun 17, 2018
Exacly, if I keep the skeleton it works, the thing is that Rigify saves a lot of hours when doing animations :(

xkfa

Jan 30, 2021
mb it's help
Thanks, but i found Diffeomorphic tools. )) That project is really helpful.
Another problem with Daz characters is that they have 4 bones for hands (legs), therefore you cannot use ik solvers in unreal )) So, daz to unreal is realy nighmare but something works.