VN Anna exciting Affection does not start

Kyler667

Jan 15, 2024
Hi All,

second time i encounter this behaviour:
When I start the game.exe (in this case for anna_ea) all i get is a window with the folder structure of the drive (not the folder) the game is on
1710140805632.png

the entries are reactive on MO but nothing happens when i click anything

i am clueless

Last edited:

anne O'nymous

I'm not grumpy, I'm just coded that way.
Modder
Respected User
Donor
Jun 10, 2017
When I start the game.exe (in this case for anna_ea) all i get is a window with the folder structure of the drive (not the folder) the game is on
How is this even possible ?

And, hmm, "game.exe" ? You meant "game ex file", right ? Because Ren'Py can only have a file named "game.exe" if the dev named is project "game" ; something I never seen so far in years playing Ren'Py games.

K.T.L.

Keeping Families Together
Donor
Mar 5, 2019
What OS are you trying to run it on?

Unless you have a virus, the only way I can imagine this happening on Windows is if you've somehow managed to replace the executable with a link or shortcut to the folder. Take a look at the attributes of the game.exe you're trying to run. How large is it?

Or if you're on Linux, you can't just launch a windows executable. Either download the linux version or try WINE, or something like that - though you'll need a lot of luck getting a windows version of an RPGMaker game to run under Linux.

If you're on a mac, you're on your own. I don't have one of those, never have and probably never well.