RPGM - Completed - Annelitte [Final] [shoku]

1. 2.00 star(s)

Fidzius

A great game with some horrible decisions.

-The negatives:
    • Forces corruption. A bit into the game in order to progress you must enter a cavern with no way of defending yourself end get inevitably assaulted lots. That’s shitty enough on its own and it invalidates any and all corruptive decisions you have taken- like getting rid of rapey NPCs (annoying, rewarding), avoiding rapey skill trainers or winning before H-attacks.
    • Awful balance. The game is VERY EASY. There’s indefinite stat-up consumables for sale that make equipment not matter, unless it has special effects, natural level-ups, plenty of cash for best available equipment (even at the very start you can buy the strongest available weapon of rummaging through the town). Spells rank up automatically at certain levels and are grossly cheap and effective. Combat end up being spamming Z for attack and using the 2 MP cost heal spell that seems to scale with MAX HP. There’s also plenty of HINT NPCs that scream out the enemies’ weakness.
      Purification turns into a gimmick since it has no effect until it (almost) depletes and there’s a warning for it and plenty of resources to maintain it. I'd call it tedious if it weren't so easy to manage, it's just useless.
    • Appearances are secondary. Due to the existence of a glasses slot, you almost always have something on your face, some of the better equipment ends up ridiculous like headbands and eye-patches. The NPCs also don’t care how sultry or tattered your clothing is or how spunk’d you are (heard it was enough of an issue to be fixed in later games). All NPC interaction care about is a trigger at 100 of an arbitrary ‘lewdness stat’ that makes most corruption a binary YES/NO for whore.
    • Game is linear and still ass-backwards. To progress to and through some areas, there’s a blockage that’s solved usually by travelling in the opposite direction, some areas you can’t enter because ‘you have no business here’. There’s an order to thing you might miss because of the (already mentioned useless) HINT NPCs being right near DIRECTION NPCs that talk only once. Miss a direction and never know where to go.
    • Repetitive NPC interactions. Not all, yet most H-NPCS follow a basic schematic of: willing interaction-> knocked down and fucked using the same sound effect -> ‘haha, tricked you, get fucked fool, here’s a reward’. You could see an NPC or hear/read their description from others and know what will come.
    • Feels incomplete. Clothing damage comes only from H-attacks and even then, entirely randomly. Enemies move freely while you interact with NPCS, so you can get swarmed. Enemy tracking range and pathing is weird. Enemies can fight through ledges.
    +The positives:
    • Story is actually pretty reasonable, non-basic NPCs have enough character to be interesting.
    • Lots of clothing of glasses, body and (usually) underwear slots with functional clothing damage.
    • Most map sections have distinctive features and logical and often used levels of elevation.
    • Reasonable H-combat (from personal observations): first attack is never H, first H-attack is never hardcore.
    • H-attacks animated, lots of CGs.
    • Pregnancy mechanic (even though it’s restricted by the binary corruption system)
    It ends up as a disappointment, could still be great for some.
  2. 3.00 star(s)

TheHighSpire

Alright, time for a review of Annelitte.

Annelitte is an alright game. The story is alright, the art is not entirely my style but alright anyway.

Story-wise the game is rather short, but at least it kinda fits together. I managed to play through the story in a pretty short time. One the better parts is that your character is rather famous and people actually recognize you. I actually liked the story, but the ending felt kinda wrong, as if the creator had to wrap it up before they wanted to.
    The world has some corruption level, which will rise on its own. You can lower this corruption by defeating enemies. Thing is that it's really easy to acquire the energy that you need to lower corruption, which makes it a non-challenge.

Most RPGM games either has no combat or very grindy combat. This game falls in-between but it fails to walk the golden middle ground. The game has combat, different costumes, weapons and so on. It is nicely made in the regard that Annelitte actually wears/holds what you equip. But the combat is extremely easy. It's literally a breeze, and you can basically one-shot every opponent except the bosses.

Your cloths can get torn, but I only tried that once, and it only happened because I literally allowed the enemy to just hit me without doing anything. The enemy can assault you in mid-battle rapes which doesn't kill you. What I find strange is that they didn't connect the ruined cloths with the battle rape - like, why even have ruined cloth if they can rape you anyway?

The game has the pregnancy tag, but my womb status was at all times "safe" so I don't get it. Not to mention that I won all battles anyway. The only place where the game was harder was in the Cosplay cave, where it then on the other hand was frustratingly hard. If you got captured once, then you'll be raped to oblivion as there is no way to get away from the enemies.

Okay, so here's the sum of it for fast(er) reading.

The Good
    • Decent story, but short
    • Different costumes and weapons
    • Animated H-scenes
    The In-between
    • Some agency in choices.
    The Bad
    • Poorly balanced: Combat is too easy, cosplay cave is frustrating.
    • No point in being immune to different status' as you one-shot enemies anyway
  3. 4.00 star(s)

RedSkyPlays

:D Turnbased combat RPG Game, with town exploring, mid battlefuck, H-events.
    The game has the corruption level, H-counter, womb status, but no virgin status. :whistle:
    Despite the womb status, the version of the game that i played got the pregnant mechanic removed, idk why. :confused:
    The gameplay is ok, felt a little bit short. You can easily respawn when you lose in combat. :geek:
    Pretty detailed game, there's this "Nation's Reason" that you need to pay attention to, Your corruption level will affect people interactions toward you. o_O
    The art style isn't really my favorite, kinda brutal to be honest. But thumbs up for the animations that surprisingly work super smoothly. :D
    There is a clothing system, you can change the accessories for the main protagonist to your liking. ;)
    Lastly, where is the volume setting when you need em. :ROFLMAO:
  4. 3.00 star(s)

SylvestaVonShwarzengerman

Not too bad

ART:

I'm not fond of the way the girl and all the H scenes are drawn, but I appreciate the costume vareity. Progressive clothing damage is always a plus in rapey H games.

The animations are also competent, but not to my liking. It does that thing where the faster thrusting animation is just the normal animation sped up and I find that distracting when it's done to this degree.

Be aware that the combat rapes are the only animated scenes. Everything else is the usual still image and narration style that happens in RPGM hentai.

GAMEPLAY:

Not the worst, but nothing special. It doesn't do anything out of the ordinary for an RPGM game (aside from sex scenes obv) and it's competent, but not interesting.

The main character is self-sufficient, arguably to a fault, as your healing spells heal more HP than you have at the level you acquire them, and the optional weapon skills don't seem worth it compared to the magic which you get for free.

I was somewhat disappointed by the pregnancy mechanic. As far as I can tell, there's only two enemy types that can impregnate Annelitte, both encountered late-game. And there's only one birthing scene, which contains pissing. In general, there's a bit too much pissing in this game for my tastes.

The corruption system is okay, but I've seen it done better. I like the concept of NPCs becoming more perverted, instead of it just being the MC, but it's all just a little too fast and easy. The "Nation's Reason" goes down when you move maps, as opposed to being triggered by special events, and you raise it by just consuming an item that drops from every enemy, that exists entirely for this purpose.

Be aware that you can get a Game Over, but since you can restart immediately with no consequences it's kinda pointless. There should have been some mechanic where you pass out and wake up in the church or something, but instead you have to restart.

STORY:

I wonder how this mostly medieval-level society got such a modern governmental structure. Wait, doesn't this take place in the future? Or is it a different world? Sorta, not really? I don't even remember.

Yeah, the story is nothing special either. The Orc who runs a sex toy shop being the most friendly character was different I guess, but nothing in this world jumps out as something you'd really want to come back for. There are other games that do it better.

No major spoilers, but be prepared for a severe anti-climax. Like, I seriously expected a bit more. I mean it wouldn't have been difficult to put just one more layer into that ending, but the conflict sorta fizzled out.

CONCLUSION:

Good enough to get off to a few times, but I don't expect I'll be returning to this game anytime soon.
  5. 2.00 star(s)

philtwo

don't worry about skipping out on this game. the costumes and costume damage are nice but without a standing image display you can't really enjoy them outside of the normal bad combat. the art is ok. you pretty much have to get gang-raped about 20 times pretty early on to advance the story killing any sort of gradual corruption. game lasts a few hours. the game is definitely not worth $15.
  6. 3.00 star(s)

iluvpink

Very short, very easy game that doesn't do anything special. Neither the MC nor the NPCs are developed to the point of caring about. This game is basically an excuse to watch 20 or so animated rape scenes (well made but uninteresting to me). The only relationship that even begins to develop is the one with the orc merchant.
    If this game was much longer and required more grinding I'd rate it even lower, but it is so short and simple that it was not a huge waste of time.
  7. 5.00 star(s)

dafvid112

Wow! I gotta say I loved this game. It is a shame that this kind of game, where you do not have to intentionally lose to get scenes, is so rare to find.

Graphics: Imo the art looks really great, the heroine is hot. Great quality and good quantity

Gameplay: The most important part of the gameplay is that you do not have to lose to access content. My only negative about it is that the way to deal with every enemy kind is made obvious so the mid-fight animations are way too easy to avoid completely while it is quite a big part of the h content. Still more polished than many other titles.

Story: Not too complicated but not too minimalistic either. All in all not in the way of the h content which is great.
  8. 5.00 star(s)

mytt

This ended up being way better than I expected. It's kind of easy to make yourself overpowered though because of all the gold pickups and purchasable power-ups, and it's not as long as something like Noxian Nights, but still very good.
  9. 3.00 star(s)

ICHIBANnerdy

I really do enjoy this game and everything is straight forward if you actually read the dialogue. My only problem is that the sex scenes do not vary much from NPC to NPC. Most scenes are all the same with the male NPCs and all of the female NPCs have the same scenes as well. There's also nothing to do after completing the main story line, unless you haven't already tried to bone everyone and everything. Hell, there's so much potential from the conspiracy in the story to put even more of an emphasis on corruption like the priestess game.

Overall if you want a quick game with sex being the main priority instead of questing, then try out this game.
  10. 3.00 star(s)

Twistedcat8

A straight 3 out of 5 stars game. A fun time waster but if you are looking for depth of gameplay look elsewhere. Everything is bog standard for this Genre of game.

If you are looking for pregnancy content there isn't really much. You can only get pregnant by getting your lewdness stat up to 100% to become a nympho. Once that happens you have dangerous days. But even then the pregnancy system is barebones. After sex/battle you either become pregnant or not. Then to "birth" you use an item and you get basic birthing scenes.

That is pretty much it the game just has no depth thus I can't rate it higher. Hell I spent an hour getting the pregnancy stat and birth stat up. Nothing happens from what I have seen at 25+ births and pregnancies, even from different mobs nothing happens.

The citizen meter thing I find annoying and seems to only be there to cut corners on content. Since once you get at 30 or below all the npc's turn into sex fiends where as above 30 they just spout some random bits of dialogue.

Some helpful people in thread were able to tell me how the system completely works and how to deal with it. It isn't hard but can be confusing because the translation is not perfect... ie one npc talks about something happening in the left house of two houses when in reality it was the right house they meant.

Total play time of about 3.5 hours. Without doing the extra shit I was doing it would probably be around maybe 2 hours to beat which even then doesn't do much and only seems to end because they had nothing else planned.
  11. 4.00 star(s)

Rastafoo

Just completed the game and truly enjoyed it.

Three basic dungeons. Lots of sexy scenes. Straight forward story.

There is a conspiracy to weaken your nation/republic. You stop the conspiracy. The end.

This game was an early title from circle shoku and came out in 2014, so I've cut them some slack.

The sex scenes are hit or miss and the rpg mechanics are very typical, but I still enjoyed it.

The game can be completed in 2-4 hours.

If you have time to kill, play it. But remember that this game is old and not as flashy as new titles. It doesn't have as many features as later Shoku games.