Another poll: straight VN vs lesbian VN – THE GREAT BATTLE

What would you play first?

• Female protagonist game with sexy lesbians

• Male protagonist game without sexy lesbians

Results are only viewable after voting.

Max Craving

Game Developer
Oct 14, 2017
So, I created a poll about lesbian sisters, and it turned out that many of users here, actually, love that shit! I am curious – if people has to choose between sexy lesbians and sexy non-lesbians, what would they prefer?

Lesbian warriors, prepare to fight!
Male protagonist warriors, You shall not pass!

Max Craving

Game Developer
Oct 14, 2017
At first it was 3/1, now it,s 3/3, from which I concluded that lesbian fans don't like to scroll that much, in compare with straight fans

Max Craving

Game Developer
Oct 14, 2017
I would have voted for a mix but since you forced my hand, male protag no lesbians.
I could create, of course, two protagonists, but at least I want to choose which one to create first. And mostly, it was just curiosity. Because before today I thought that lesbians are some raaaare fetish, but I figured that many actually like that. And I decided to go further and find out – what it will be like, if I ask to choose between it.

Reactions: freedom.call

freedom.call

Donor
Mar 8, 2018
I could create, of course, two protagonists, but at least I want to choose which one to create first. And mostly, it was just curiosity. Because before today I thought that lesbians are some raaaare fetish, but I figured that many actually like that. And I decided to go further and find out – what it will be like, if I ask to choose between it.
Lesbians are not a fetish, I think I know what you meant though. :)

Two protags is hard to become immersed with in my opinion, just go with what you like. I think it's difficult to make a game if you're not 100% in.

Max Craving

Game Developer
Oct 14, 2017
Lesbians are not a fetish, I think I know what you meant though. :)

Two protags is hard to become immersed with in my opinion, just go with what you like. I think it's difficult to make a game if you're not 100% in.
Yes, I agree) But it’s interesting too, the main question is time that it takes. Actually, it is the most interesting thing that I could do - after finishing a game, replace a protagonist with other gender. The whole game becomes different though characters are the same. It would be interesting to understand the whole game from the new angle. And for a player, to play it the second time and see how it can be different. Because I see it very different - how male-female and female-female are feeling, thinking from the both sides etc.

Reactions: freedom.call

khumak

Engaged Member
Oct 2, 2017
Well I strongly prefer playing as a male protagonist so if I have to chose between that OR seeing lesbo scenes I'll take the male protagonist, but I want both. I'll play games where the protagnist is female as well but I get a lot less into it regardless how good the game is.

Reactions: Max Craving

jamdan

Forum Fanatic
Sep 28, 2018
Im kind of in-between the poll answers. But if I had to go one way or the other, I would pick option 2 (male/no les).

Ideally you'd be male protag and bi-sexual girls. Maybe it would be like the game Triangle, male MC but the girls are still in love with each other and do stuff together.

polywog

Forum Fanatic
May 19, 2017
It is good idea, actually! Thanks!
Visual Novels are typically a story that plays out for the observer. This is what happened to the protagonist. People don't always like the choices the protagonist makes, but they can enjoy the story. Some players self-inserts as the MC, and conflicts arise between the player's personality, and the actions of the story protagonist.
When the protagonist is a voyeur, those players can self-insert, and enjoy the show. They assume the role of voyeur, rather than trying to dictate the story themselves which is futile.

So voyeur protagonist is well suited for story based visual novels.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Max Craving