RPGM - Completed - Another Story of Fallen Maidens II: Lescatie Infiltration Report [Final] [Circle Exelga]

1. 2.00 star(s)

Monsaic

Way too much text to read. No really fun playing a game. Probably story endings after each CG with then afterwards replying the whole scene again... way to rise the playtime counter. The animations and graphics looked promising. Story telling was ok, but way too long intro... I'd rather look for a fun time somewhere else
  2. 5.00 star(s)

ScionOfGoldenFlame

Honestly, its retreading a lot of the ground its prequel did, and follows many similar beats. If I had one complaint, that'd be it. That said;

Gameplay: None, really. I get that this seems to make some people rather upset, which confuses me. This 'game' never pretends to be something its not, which is just you walking from point a to point b, getting scenes for an hour or so. And that's a-okay.

Story: Its a simple setting, set in the world of Kenkou-Cross's original Monster Girl Encyclopedia, which is pretty neato. The story isn't really complicated, nor meaningful, other then to facilitate events. There are some nods here and there to the world at large, which is a nice touch that I appreciate, but this game isn't trying to tell a deep story, so it doesn't.

Characters: One of the defining features of both this game and its predecessor are its characters. You need good characters to drive a good plot, but good characters can exist on their own without said plot, and that is evident here. The characters have surprising depth for a pair that effectively bumbles from sex scene to sex scene, and I honestly cared about them through their journey. There is character growth, some twists, and a revelation or two, and I was honestly getting a tad bit emotional at the conclusion of their happy little tale. It was a joy to read.

Art: Pixel art. Ho boy, the pixel art. Its beautiful. That's all I can really say. That's all that needs to be said. Pixel art is hard, and I appreciate the detail this one has, as its one of the best in the field. It might be a limited amount by the short length of the game, but whats there is masterful.

Conclusion:
    I am a simple man, with simple needs. And there is nothing better then vanilla monster girls. I can't even get off to it, it just warms my heart. Since monster girls tend to slide towards fetish stuff, (looking at you, MGQ), I have a deep appreciation for this work. It might not be everyone's cup of tea, but this right here is a rare gem indeed, one I intend to return to often. If you want something sweet, or like monster girls at all, I can not recommend this enough.
  3. 4.00 star(s)

Cat Boy

this game is not a big one but its story plus the heart put into it makes it so good at the end I started to cry the sex parts of this game are just as good I love it I wish to see I bigger game with as much heart put in it as this one with a story just as good as this someday.
  4. 4.00 star(s)

smithsmithsmith

First of all don't let the game engine fool you, this is a kinetic novel. No choices, no gameplay, just moving from point to point and chosing to continue the game instead of sucumbing. Having said that it's pretty good. The story is decent, it moves along quickly and doesn't outstay it's welcome, the pixel art is pretty, and the scenes while vanilla are narrated well enough to still be interesting.
    All in all 2 hours well spent.
  5. 2.00 star(s)

Last_Bernstein

Story: Meh...the characters are typical tropes. Nice guy with nice girl. Misunderstanding soured relationship. Bad church and bad people on the one side and on the other raping monsters that are good.
    Character development amounts to fucked into compliance and no real conflict in any way.
    It is bland, uninteresting. I personally hoped the end reveal of the girl/boy being manipulated could amount to some conflict, but nothing.

Originality: It uses an established setting and is near the same story concept as the prequel. Female main character with a male weakling. Female gets corrupted and fucks male companion.
    In the end all of it is a monster plot and monsters are great...
    There is much that could be done with the setting, especially for corruption themed stories or games, but this is not really hitting these notes right.

Gameplay: What gameplay? It is utterly linear. You can follow some bad ends, but otherwise it is a completely linear story with you just selecting 'no' to not get a bad end and 'yes' I want to go there to have the story go on.

Animations: It's pixel animation. Honestly nothing amazing or truly bad. Some may like that, I do not.

Grammar: No obvious mistakes and the translation is well done.

Amount of content: I honestly don't know how you could get 10 hours out of this. I had a meal, made tea and went outside and still did not have more than 2 1/2 .

Conclusion: If you like Monster Girls or this MGE setting it is an okay time waster for 2 hours, but don't expect anything amazing or truly interesting. If you are not some completionist for such things or an utter fan I recommend spending your time otherwise.

I value story and gameplay for a game above other things so 2/5 from me.