Seeking Any good villain games out there?

HypnoKitten

Feb 14, 2018
I've played a lot of games over time and I noticed in a lot of them (most?) even if there is technically 'the villain' you either end up taking the nice / redemption paths because the others risk locking off content, or the characters being hurt discover they liked it all along, or the characters are just a smidge flat (basically numbers). There are a few environment-is-evil dystopian ones but that's still more 'holding out and fighting for good'. So I'm curious what games I might be missing? (ero-games - not just multiple slides/texts linked with a continue button, and not just narrative or violence). From either perspective - the villain's or the the victim, just with some depth and without that discovery that 'this unlocked something I liked all along and didn't admit it to myself'?

This is where I'd normally add 'games like..' but I just really can't think of any.
Like.. LonaRPG is super awesomely dark (so wish there were more pushing that level of taboo) but your it is the environment that's evil and you're kinda cheering on survival and getting out of that (and it is so hard to begin with that it is hard to get to 'more' stuff)
Pale Carnations you're a bit of a villain and you do terrible things (great game) but everyone there has a rich story where you feel why they're doing it and again.. kinda cheering everyone on
Family Infestation / Ravager you're basically an evil creature doing evil things (kinda pushing envelope) but not really, you're pretty much just amoral and everyone is having fun..
Fashion Business is awesome and bad things happen to you but its really a story of climbing your way back to power and you're kinda bad to begin with..
Jack can get incredibly dark and you're certainly a villain but every character is also just interchangeable numbers..
There are some paper-doll simulators out there, and there's some VNs where you could fall asleep on your 'next' button and wake up and still not have hit any meaningful 'choice'

So any good (English, not MTL) narrative games where important characters are genuinely bad, do bad things, consequences are bad / dark, you even feel kinda guilty and bad about it, but you still go that route without locking off most of the content? Where corruption is more 'mind break' than 'embracing one's desires'?

HypnoKitten

Feb 14, 2018
Just some things I've seen so far (if anyone else is interested in this topic) -

Family, Friends, and Strangers has a lot of the feel I was mentioning - but it is a linear no-choices visual novel

Tried so far:
* Goblin Lord - pretty good game so far, kinda fun choices. The art leaves a bit to be desired and the characters are pretty much the interchangeable 'pretty girl stuff happens' but I don't regret it
* Goons Raid her - actually a really fun game, with enough of 'game' to it that I actually looked at the walkthroughs to optimize my play. More in the genre of '.. she hates it but no.. no, she discovers she's actually into it' but still fun
* Urge to.. - haven't tried them extensively, they pretty much seem like paperdoll simulators
* The Tyrant - as remembered, more on the 'corruption and they realize they're into it all along' path (still one of my faves though)

I'll try out the others shortly, if anyone is curious I'll update the topic more, if not I'll leave it be. Thanks again

Reactions: SanaeS

HypnoKitten

Feb 14, 2018
You might enjoy this if you like comedically bad writing and occasionally really weird renders: https://f95zone.to/threads/badhero-v1-3-4f-xlab.19961/
Ha! Sure, I'll check that out, pulp-horror can be fun! Thank you, that hadn't been on my radar - and wow... it is both a testament to how prevalent Daz3D is (the good models) and a sign that I've probably played too many CG games now (which I used to hate) that I saw the game's banner and thought 'Hey, I recognize that actress, wasn't she in Dating my Daughter'?