Any Lesbian or Trans women on this site able to help me?

BeCe

Purveyor of Blood and Boobs
Game Developer
Jul 26, 2017
Preparing for a new project to pick up after I am done with Occultus and I am looking for some help in making the characters feel authentic. So if you are a Gay Woman or Trans Woman, please send me a private message for a conversation on my characters backstories.
Thanks!
BC

Reactions: kshyk

BeCe

Purveyor of Blood and Boobs
Game Developer
Jul 26, 2017
Thanks, but not quite the advice I was looking for. I wanna nail the "Oh shit, I like pussy" moment.

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
Can't help you there, I never had that moment it was always pussy I wanted.

I'm not gonna give the "I was born this way" typical jive, I don't know what I was into in my childhood my memory really is hazy of that time. All I know is I loved how glamorous celebrity women were and it kinda went from there.

I've never had any issues with men, never had a traumatic experience that turned me gay i've just always found women incredibly attractive whereas men do nothing for me. I did try in my teen years, all my friends and my twinsy would talk about guys and I wondered if I was missing something but it never got beyond a kiss, it just felt "wrong" is the only way I can describe it.

It wasn't one big moment it just went from my childhood thinking "wow, she's beautiful" to my teens and "i'd tongue fuck that pussy for days" or something similar.

I know some girls and guys don't figure out their tastes until much later but it's always been the poonani for moi.

If I can be candid for a minute I wouldn't worry about it too much. Lesbi's, there isn't that much different about us no matter how much the Tumblr tarts want to think they are unique and special. Sure you get lesbians that claim to hate men, while dressing like them, talking like them, acting like them and imagining they had a penis (penis envy more like) but they are a vocal minority. Most dykes are just typical girls that want to fuck other typical girls.

I know that doesn't give you a great insight into character design i'm jus sayin, don't sweat the small stuff too much. I might be a bit useless at the big "wow, I really am a rug muncher) moment but if I spot anything out of place after that i'll be sure to hurl abuse at you and correct you in all caps.

Olivia_V

Jun 5, 2017
If you're looking for a "conversion" moment, I don't have much personal insight either. I knew very early on, since my first crush was this cute babysitter my mother hired to look after me. So, gold star all the way baby...

But, the topic of the "lesbian discovery" is quite fascinating. There's a lot of literature out there. If the academic stuff is boring, you can always check out the literature and the movies on the subject. My own take is that there are two kinds:

1. Those who always knew, but circumstances delayed the confirmation.
2. Those who experienced some sort of life-altering event... be it trauma, or some sort of sudden hormone imbalance or what have you, a new experience or a new set of friends, etc. This type is the fuel for the controversial "sexuality is a fluid spectrum" school of thought that tries to explain late in life changes in sexuality.

For the first type, there is an undercurrent of "something is off" that isn't explored because of a religious environment, peer and family pressure, etc. But, the moment they get a chance to confirm... the first time they feel feminine hands around their waist, or a woman's hand on their face... there is a certain rush of confirmation. Most movies try to capture this rush of confirmation in a kiss, or sex, simply because it is visually powerful.

The second type requires a life change... rape, a bad break-up, childbirth, menopause, etc. They start doing something different, or meet this beautiful new woman, and suddenly there's new feelings. The "I like pussy" moment has more deliberate thought behind it than in the first type, where it is mostly subconscious. I guess this might help a bit, as the women interviewed all describe their feelings regarding the moment.

Good luck with the game, and looking forward to it!

Reactions: BeCe and recreation

anne O'nymous

I'm not grumpy, I'm just coded that way.
Modder
Respected User
Donor
Jun 10, 2017
I wanna nail the "Oh shit, I like pussy" moment.
Well, I'm a guy, straight like you, so I think that you can also benefit from this. I mean, to build the character correctly, just knowing how it is for the persons isn't enough ; you also need to be able to translate this into your own perception of the world. Else you'll write the cliché, not the true thing.

So, I'll start by telling you how my wife and I guessed that one of my (20 years younger than me) cousin was lesbian. You'll see, it's as simple as @Avaron1974 said.
She was 11/12 years old at this time, and a girl like any other girls this age with one very small and almost imperceptible, still obvious once you've seen it, difference : She was acting with boys her age like she should have acted with girls, while she looked at girls the way she should have looked at boys, and vice versa.
It was not a tomboy thing, she had this phase later, around her 17/18 but it didn't lasted long, she was trying to figure her place in the world and tried this. No, at this time it was just an hormone thing. Once teens hit puberty, they feel attracted by, well, it's not always "the opposite sex" so let's call it "loving sex". But like it's something new, straight girls are all, "Er... A boy, so grosssss", while straight boys do the same with girls. They don't avoid them, they just feel them as gross and tend to stay more often with people of the "none gross" sex. And there's the glances... You're with your buddies, and come a person that you find attractive. At this age you don't understand that it's desire that you feel, but this desire is already clearly visible in your eyes when you look at the person.

You can take the problem from the opposite side. When and how have you discovered that you are straight ? You didn't, right ? It was something natural for you, and it's the same for lesbians. Except that you are part of the majority, so you were going with the flow and as everyone (including people you'll never met in your life) expected you to go. But this exception is just a society thing. A lesbian don't naturally feel that she's different, it's the society that make her feel it, not her mind/body/sexuality. Like @Avaron1974 implied, she felt the exact same than anyone else until the moment girls around her started to talk about boys. And still after this, I don't think she effectively felt different, she just know that she have this difference ; but here it's more a question of personality and environment (familial and societal), some lesbians have hard time dealing with this difference.
It's generally not something you discover. People who say they discovered that they are lesbians are mostly people who were confused and thought that, because they are girls, they mandatory must love boys. But generally what's hidden behind this, "I discovered it when I was X years old", is what Avaron1974 said about her first and only kiss with a boy. Some kind of, "once I had a straight sexual (rarely more than a kiss or holding hands) interaction, and it felt so wrong". More than a discovery, I tend to see this as the proof needed to confirm that, "fuck the society, I'm a girl, but it's girls that I like".
I mean... Let's say that you don't know how to "fix a car" (personally I don't), but the fuck, you're a man, you must know that ! Look around you. Looks the ads, looks the movies, men know how to fix a car ; each days, thousand of men around the world are fixing their own car. So, well, one day your car need to be fixed, and like you are a man, like you are expected to know how to fix it, you try... And now you know for sure, you can't fix a car. Whatever the society, the movies, the ads, the news, your friends and your family can say, you are a man, yes, but you don't know how to fix a car.
And it's exactly the same thing when I talk about the "proof needed". Mostly you can't go against society's pressure without trying first. But it's not a discovery, you know yourself, you already knew that you can't fix a car, you just needed to be sure that it's effectively true ; and this is more true for lesbians/gays, because at this time they still are children, worse they are teenagers, they are sure of nothing and in a perpetual search of themselves.

As for trans, it's something totally different. My best friend, the brother I chose, is F2M, and I helped him deal with his past.
While lesbians (globally) tend to past through this like it was nothing, for trans it's way more visible, and it can lead to a real and strong suffering if they are repressed in a way or another ; a suffering that will stuck with them forever and change their personality. They don't "behave like boys" (it's a shortcut to summarize what I said above and just a shortcut), they are boys.
Lesbians can wear dresses, skirts, be girly and all ; not all, but globally you don't dress according to your sexuality. In some place there's a mandatory dress code, and lesbians deal with it. They can dislike it, but they still comply ; "My job need that I wear dresses, I need my job, I'll complain a lot about it by I'll wear dresses".
For a F2M trans it's something different. They are a man, but they have a fucking pair of boobs, which imply that anyone will treat them like a woman, call them "miss", and all. They'll always do as much as they can to looks like the man they are despite their boobs ; and once they can, they'll pass through surgery to remove those boobs. Note that when I say "looks like" it's not limited to clothes. They'll do there best to dress, act, talk, react, as a man is expected to dress, act, talk, react ; some do it so much that they become the caricature of a man. Their job need them to wear a dress ? For the large majority they'll quit this job. And I know one person that did it even while at this time having a job was a "life or death" situation ; hopefully he find one a month later and had good friends that helped him pass through this month.
But like for lesbians, it's not something you discover, it's something you feel, and it start as a very young age. From there come the suffering. If the parents are stupid (voluntarily or not), they'll enforce the gender stereotype ; "no my daughter, you can't have a fire truck for your birthday, you're a girl, you'll have a doll". It's a negation of what they are, and it imply the feeling that their parents don't love him. All this happening at the young age where you build yourself. Think about what you felt the day your parents said, "no, you can't go to your best friend birthday party, we have something else planned this day", or something like this ; you really wanted to do "this", and your parents said "no". Then, report it to every single instant of your life. All your youth you really wanted to be a boy, because you are a boy, and your family (starting by your parents), as well as the society (you're a child, you have teachers, you have schoolmates), say "no, you are a girl". You don't pass through this without suffering, you don't leave these times of your life without a strong anger stuck deep inside you.
That's why so many trans tend to over do it and be aggressive. They have nothing against you, but if you call her instead of calling him, you'll trigger a storm ; the storm of all those years where every single second of their life people told him, "no, you're a girl". A storm that tend to disappear once their birth sex become invisible ; simply because he's now not mingled with a girl and, more, he's finally seen as the boy he is. But the anger is still here, and it need time and a lot of loving for it to fade.

Obviously, not all trans, are like this.
M2F tend to be a little more peaceful. They had the same suffering youth, but once they are on their own, they can become a woman ; the lack of boobs isn't a problem, there's girls with tits so small that you aren't sure that they are girls, and you can always stuff a bra and wear it. Same for F2M with small boobs, that can more easily be seen as a man. But both have this anger and suffering. Some deal more easily with it than others.
There's also, too few, trans that have a comprehensive family. They still suffer from their interaction outside of the family. But they are loved at home. Here they can be the boy they really are, and it help them a lot to survive those years and have less anger stuck inside them.

Oh, last thing regarding trans. People tend to see them as homosexuals ; you are F2M because you are lesbian. It's stupid. Yes, the majority of the F2M love girls, but it's normal when you think about it. They are, really, totally and without possible doubt, male. And when you are male, you have around 80% chance to be straight and so to be attracted by female. Even if they don't transition to the body they should have had at birth, and so stay in a female body, they'll never see themselves as lesbians but as straight.
Yes, they have female body. Yes, they fuck girls. But they are straight men in a female body fucking with... and here come the complication... Because straight women will not have sex with another woman, a F2M end having a sexual relationship with either lesbians, bisexual, or pansexual, but really exceptionally with straight woman.
Note that if the relationship is with a lesbian, generally it will not last this long. Sexual orientation isn't just about the body and love isn't just sex. A F2M tend to be a little too manly for a lesbian ; and I don't say it as in the cliché lesbian looking and acting like lumberjack.
As for M2F, sexually it's even more complicated. As for F2M not being lesbians, they aren't gays. They are female that love male, but don't expect them to let you fuck their ass. It's not all women that agree to this and among them not this much that effectively have pleasure doing it.

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
While lesbians (globally) tend to past through this like it was nothing, for trans it's way more visible, and it can lead to a real and strong suffering if they are repressed in a way or another ; a suffering that will stuck with them forever and change their personality.
This is so very true.

My girlfriend has a cousin who's also female to male and i've known him for a few years now as well as the group of people that helped him through his transition, people that had been through similar and dealt with similar issues.

I mean, sure, i've mentioned that as a lesbian i've seen my share of crap from other people but it's on nowhere near the scale the trans community gets. It's a little bit of mud slinging compared to the physical violence a lot of them have to go through. Some of the stories i've heard out downright horrifying.

The majority of the gay community don't stand out. We don't look any different to anyone else so unless we are either out with our partners or making a show of it we generally blend in. Most trans folk stand out. I'm not going to say all because i've met a lot and I could not tell at first glance. I've seen F2M that look like Grizzly Adams with no sign of femininity left and i've seen incredibly beautiful M2F that took me a while to figure out even after talking to them.

My girlfriends cousin was incredibly lucky to find that group who helped him through it there are so many that go through it alone and not only have to deal with the confusion and depression but also intense bullying.

I would not wish that kind of bullshit on my worst enemy.

Like you said, I never felt any different. From growing up to finding the proof that I was gay I always felt the same, nothing ever changed in me. To go through the kind of confusion about who you are and what to do..... Without going through it myself I could never hope to understand it but I do wish people wouldn't give them as much shit as they do. No one deserves that.

anne O'nymous

Modder
Respected User
Donor
Jun 10, 2017
I mean, sure, i've mentioned that as a lesbian i've seen my share of crap from other people but it's on nowhere near the scale the trans community gets. It's a little bit of mud slinging compared to the physical violence a lot of them have to go through. Some of the stories i've heard out downright horrifying.
The worse part is that it's not limited to some countries/communities. I live in France, while we have our share of homophobic Neanderthals, we also have legal same sex marriage since few years and before that we had a legal civil union including same sex couples since mid 80'. We also have criminalized homophobia since the 90's, and things like this. Still trans take a lot of shit in their face.
And it's not limited to transphobic people, the society itself is really harsh with them. You want to transition ? Well, firstly you need to be in a country where it's legal, then you'll need to face an administration that will treat you like a freak. Before being able to start the process you'll have to face a psychiatric study of your case. Then you can finally start and you'll face surgeons that will think, "yeah, someone that will be ready to pay twice the price for his surgery". All this while being on hormonal treatment, that will make you pass through puberty once again, and knowing that half of the time there's short storage of the treatment.

Reactions: Avaron1974

anne O'nymous

Modder
Respected User
Donor
Jun 10, 2017
And it is not so bad that there are strict rules...
Never said that. I personally agree with the need of psychiatric "help" ; not because they need help, but to help them found the solution that suit them personally. Some trans live happily in their birth body, other can achieve it after some time in therapy, while other effectively need a partial or total transition. Each case is unique and need an unique answer ; one they can't find by themselves.
I also understand why in all countries allowing transition except one (if my memory don't betray me) people transitioning have the obligation, by Law, to be neutered ; medically speaking it make some sense. Still, the "obligation" is what I dislike, it should be an advice. A strong one if you want, but still not mandatory.
They aren't stupid, if you explain them why it's better for them, they'll do it ; and here I address both the psychiatric part and the neutering one. So, why the Law don't make mandatory the fact to explain it to them, instead of treating them like children that aren't able to see what is good for them ?

The problem isn't that there's strict rules.
I suffer from a mental condition. I know how the world can be dangerous for me because of this. I can have sudden impulse that could have disastrous consequences, some could even be leading to my death. Because of this I also know that, given the right conditions, one can easily delude himself ; and here, the right conditions exist, transitioning is often seen as the only alternative to death. This while I know what it imply to go through a full transition, and that it can lead to a disappointment that can make the suffering from the past looks like heaven ; I attended a burial because of this. Many of those rules are here to protect them against themselves, and I'm ok with this intent.
No, the problem is how those rules are phrased, explained and applied. You aren't gently directed through a psychiatric process to help you, you are told that either you do this or you can just go fuck yourself. And when you aren't treated like a crazy person, you're treated like a child who know nothing and need to grow up ; this not by the people, but by the words of the Law.
The problem is also in the way some people react to this. It's a reality, even in a country like mine, that a breast ablation cost twice for a F2M than for a woman having high risk of breast cancer.

Be happy you're straight.
Of course I'm happy about that. My sexuality is a thing that I haven't had to suffer from ; as well as my skin color since I'm Caucasian. But don't assume that because I'm straight and Caucasian, I wasn't mocked, insulted or beaten because of what I am, because you would be wrong.

Sometimes the clouds won't disappear, so I'd be very careful about 'everthing goes' policies. It's not that society is just so mean to them, that's cheap.
It's not because you don't see it, that it's not true ; and even less cheap.
They are human being, they should be treated accordingly to this, like myself is treated despite some laws talking about peoples like me. There's a law saying that people suffering from a sever mental condition can't works for the police forces, because they can present a risk. I'm alright with this. But I wouldn't be alright if this law was saying that it's because you can't trust them. In the first case, you address a possible issue that must be avoided, while in the second case you state that these people aren't reliable.
It's the same between a law saying that marriage is, "the official union of a couple, whatever their sex", and one saying that it's, "the official union of a couple, even those that have the same sex". In the first case, same sex couples are presented as something natural, in the second they are presented as an extension of the "normality".
In both examples, the law say the same thing, but each phrasing present it differently. And it happen that one phrasing is respectful, while the second tend to be offensive.
Obviously, for someone without a mental condition or heterosexual, whatever the difference, it's the intend that count. But for the people concerned, it's something else.
If you were an afro-american guy, would you like being called "<removed>" ? Technically and semantically speaking it make sense. But even if the person that called you this didn't said it with bad intend, it's not the way you would want to be called. Even being called "black" show more respect to the fact that you are a human being, while "<removed>" refer to a time where afro-american were slaves ; an object you own, not a human being.

I'm neither SJW nor pro politically correct, but there's a limit that I can't stand, and this limit is when you stop treating the other like the human being they are. And globally speaking, it's what happen here.
That you need to ask a judge to change your name and sex in official papers, and that you need to motivate you decision, I understand it. But this is a reversible act. If you want to prevent people to change their mind every now and then, make a law saying that if you goes back to you original sex for your papers, then you can't change again before 10 years.
You don't need to make them pass through a mandatory year of psychiatric study, need the psychiatrist agreement, then pass through a three months (if you are lucky) judicial process, before they can do this simple step. Especially since anyway the last word rest to the judge, and some systematically reject the demand, without carrying to read the paper nor to hide the fact that they didn't read them.
And I'm talking about this step only.

This might even be a greater shock to realise, what they dreamed about doesn't come true. Must be horrifying.
It is, alas I know it. But you know that it's also true for a girl who past through dozen of plastic surgeries, right ?
It's not because she now looks like Angelina Jolie that her life is better, like she thought. If she wasn't some rich brat it's generally the opposite ; she isn't more successful and she's broke with a 50 years loan with a monthly due sum of two time her salary.
Why isn't there a law forcing those girls to pass through a psychiatric study ? Why isn't there a law to protect them against themselves ?
While the psychiatric study is needed to help transgenders find the accurate solution to their problem, for those girls it would fix the problem ! Still, in regard of the Law it's normal that they act like this, while transgenders are suffering from a decease and need to be helped against their will, while being treated as less than human being.
Once again, I agree with the intend behind all this, they really need help because they are really suffering. But not like this, not in a way that harm them more than they already are.

I'll even go further. The first blind man to recover the capability to see something, ended killing himself ; it was before the bionic eyes, so I can't retrieve his name. It was so traumatic for him, that he couldn't stand it.
Why isn't there a law to protect blind people from the consequences of seeing ? Especially now that it start to be really possible and for all of them. Why isn't there a law to protect deaf people, for the day it will become a reality ?
Obviously, some, probably the majority, of them will deal with it and not live it as a trauma. But it happened once and it will happen again. You can't pass your life in a world where you see/hear nothing, and suddenly see/hear, without mental consequences. And you can't live this change without help.
I agree with the fact that having laws regarding transgender is, in a way, the proof that society care about them. But can you understand that, because there's laws for them, when there's so many other people that should be protected against themselves, it make them feel like they are different from the others ? That they worth less than the others who are kept free for all their decisions, even the worse of them. That when you think, "good, the Law protect them", what they think is, "why is the Law preventing me to be as happy as this rich brat who spend $50 000 in plastic surgery ?".

Sorry to tell you, but this is too lazy a reaction to me.
Because the subject initially wasn't "the life of a transgender", but a presentation of how they do feel, to help an author have a more accurate writing. But I'm glad that you wrote all this, because in fact it's also part of the "more accurate writing" ; reason I didn't used a spoiler. I mean, discussions like this, transgenders have them so many times in their life.
I don't say that you're wrong, because you're right in your way, nor that you are stupid. You are just seeing the problem from the outside, from your own point of view. I'm not transgender, and I'll never pretend to understand all what they have to pass through. But my own condition make me different, it made me, and still do, suffering a lot, from what I am, from the society and, as I said above, from the reaction of the others. It help me make all this in perspective and see it in a more accurate (but not perfectly exact) point of view.

As the old saying goes: 'be careful what you're wishing for ...', so please think twice.
[raw translation]When gods want to punish you, they make your wishes come true.

Cirro84

Resident Evil-doer, part-time Candyman
Dec 24, 2016
This is what pms are for, or the unmoderated section. Sorry to you dev for derailing, mea culpa. :(
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

recreation

pure evil!
Respected User
Game Developer
Jun 10, 2018
This might look like prejudice and might not fit to everyone but I noticed that all the gay man I know are on the softy side and many lesbian seem to swear a lot :p

Cirro84

Resident Evil-doer, part-time Candyman
Dec 24, 2016
This might look like prejudice and might not fit to everyone but I noticed that all the gay man I know are on the softy side and many lesbian seem to swear a lot :p
Well definitely not. And this is actually a good argument.

A game dev might be lured to try portraying a lesbian as a 'rude' character because she needs to be a man-eating monstre. She is impolite and not well-behaved, well-raised, but one thing does not include the other automatically. Don't take it too easy.:D

As for gay men, hm... There are may be a ton real macho ones out there, you wouldn't know. Think of the military officer in American Beauty, the film.

Reactions: recreation

anne O'nymous

Modder
Respected User
Donor
Jun 10, 2017

[back on topic]
Despite what you think, this exchange is on topic ; it's a living demonstration...

Yes, I'm not a trans, but due to my life, the number of trans I heard talking about their life, directly with me or in group talking, is surely above the hundred now. This without talking about my close friends who are mostly transgenders. I even explicitly said that my best friend, who I consider like a brother, is F2M... And I said it in the first message you answered to.
Didn't it rang a bell in your mind ?
Do you think that we never talk about his transition, about his suffering, about his perception of the world, about his life as a trans ? Do you think that he don't know a single transgender, that he never introduced me to them ? Do you think that, encountering a comprehensive cis for once, they don't talk with me about their transition, suffering, perception of the world and life ?
Have this raised a doubt in your mind ? Have you, during a second, thought that perhaps someone who have a trans as brother-like, can know better than you who've just read about the subject ? That when this person talk about transgenders, he's not pushing an agenda, but repeating what they told to him, talking for them because he's here while they aren't ?

The answer to all those question are clearly "no"... And that's what make this exchange totally on topic.

I let you the doubt and assume that you are clever enough to not do it. Still, there's way too many people like you, who assume that reading this and that made them know better ; people who wouldn't have cared if the person they would have talked to was a transgender. They would still have wrote what you've wrote, they would still have stay put to their position, convinced that they know what a trans' life is, better than the trans they talk to.
People like this are part of what shape a transgender personality, in the same way than facing people saying, "it's because you haven't found the right guy/girl", shape the personality of homosexual peoples.

It's part of why, in a game like in real life, they tend to be on a defensive position most of the time.
It's part of why, in a game like in real life, so many of them are full of anger, when not hate.
It's part of why, in a game like in real life, when someone start with "but", they stop it directly and say that there's "no but".
It's part of why, in a game like in real life, they tend to avoid cisgenders as much as they can, and stay alert and cautious when they have to interact with cisgenders they don't know. Because it can be someone like you, who've read a lot and think that he's smart enough to know the truth ; whatever if the person they talk to live this truth, or like here effectively know what they talk about, these peoples are still sure that they know better and refuse to think otherwise.
I've seen so many people like you talking to transgenders and belittling them like if a trans don't know what a trans' life is... Hell, I even ended a full week, from what I was told after, drugged in a padded cell for punching a stupid psychiatric who insulted a trans during a group session ; well, sweet revenge, we made him lost his job after this. But still, if a psychiatrist go as far as telling a trans patient that it's not the Law that is harsh with him, but him that is too stupid to understand the Law, how far guys like you can go ?

All this don't make me an expert, but I never pretended to be one. It just make me someone who know the subject better than you... So, perhaps that you should go back, and this time effectively read my previous answer, who know, you'll perhaps learn few things.

Faeborn

Oct 11, 2017
I came to this thread looking for games with actual trans characters (especially if they get to transition fully via magic or tech). I would love a list still if anyone has any games I could check out. Otherwise, I wouldn't mind contributing to the conversation about trans experiences in life though, as I am a trans woman. I'll do that in another comment though, as I'd like to see what people say about this first.

recreation

pure evil!
Respected User
Game Developer
Jun 10, 2018
I came to this thread looking for games with actual trans characters (especially if they get to transition fully via magic or tech). I would love a list still if anyone has any games I could check out. Otherwise, I wouldn't mind contributing to the conversation about trans experiences in life though, as I am a trans woman. I'll do that in another comment though, as I'd like to see what people say about this first.
Look at the date of the last post here in this thread, you might want to ask in Game Recommendations & Identification

GNVE

Jul 20, 2018
Look at the date of the last post here in this thread, you might want to ask in Game Recommendations & Identification
Glad they did though. Very insightful topic.

Now I don't have any trans friends but what I noticed from afar from a few M2F trans women who just started their transition is that at least some go through a little girl clothing stage (lot's of pink, Hello Kitty, princess dresses etc) before over a couple of weeks or months transitioning into dressing more age-normative. Like they have an accelerated second youth.

You won't hear me say I don't know men who fully comply with the stereotype but I know a lot of other gay men who do not fit the stereotype or are the complete opposite of the stereotype. (I probably know more gay guys who do not fit the stereotype than those who do.) It's just that the stereotypical gay guys are generally a lot louder than the rest.
On the lesbian side I think the stereotype is even less useful. I have met girls who identify as lesbian who dress from tomboy to lipstick and everything in between. (But swearing is quite accepted in my culture so I would not be able to attest to that.)