VN Any tips on writing an incest game?

polywog

Forum Fanatic
May 19, 2017
One of the biggest errrs I see in incest games is devs trying to make mountains out of mole hills.
Trying to turn incest into a relationship.
most real world incest isn't looking to get married.
two children play doctor and it's just innocent fun. he shows her his tumor, she shows him her axe-wound, no big deal
cub scouts suck penises around the camp-fire, and girl scouts hike each other's skirts and go exploring. perfectly natural human behavior, they even give merit badges.
Completely normal for a boy to have a crush on his mother if she's attractive and not some crazed feminist psychopath.
He's supposed to be jealous that dad gets to hit that every night. It's part of growing up. then when he brings home a girlfriend, it's dad's turn to be jealous. perfectly normal for thousands of years.
mommy-i-have-a-boyfriend-FKmfV.jpg
fooling around, learning, just having fun incest happens every day

if a girl wants a car for her sweet sixteen, dad's gonna have to fit it into his budget somehow, and give her a lesson on the value of goods and services at the same time. she wouldn't appreciate the value of the car, if she got it for nothing.
working for the car helps her self-esteem. teaches her the value of labor

incest doesn't have to stop when you grow up, you can still sneak around behind your partners

but trying to make incest into a relationship ruins it.
there's no excitement in a boy marrying him mother and living a life together. don't go there

leave romance out of incest games

sis is there for you because she loves you, and you're grounded and unable to be with your girlfriend, not because she wants to make mutant babies. she enjoys the thrill of cheating on her boyfriend too. dumping her boyfriend to cuck her brother... wut why? marry the other guy and cuck him, don't cuck your own brother.

trying to justify incest and say it's acceptable for dad to marry daughter and live like normal people is boring
any two people can be a couple and play house together

it takes all the fun out of incest if it's normal. the old ball and chain

recreation

pure evil!
Respected User
Game Developer
Jun 10, 2018
One of the biggest errrs I see in incest games is devs trying to make mountains out of mole hills.
Trying to turn incest into a relationship.
most real world incest isn't looking to get married.
two children play doctor and it's just innocent fun. he shows her his tumor, she shows him her axe-wound, no big deal
cub scouts suck penises around the camp-fire, and girl scouts hike each other's skirts and go exploring. perfectly natural human behavior, they even give merit badges.
Completely normal for a boy to have a crush on his mother if she's attractive and not some crazed feminist psychopath.
He's supposed to be jealous that dad gets to hit that every night. It's part of growing up. then when he brings home a girlfriend, it's dad's turn to be jealous. perfectly normal for thousands of years.
View attachment 503487

if a girl wants a car for her sweet sixteen, dad's gonna have to fit it into his budget somehow, and give her a lesson on the value of goods and services at the same time. she wouldn't appreciate the value of the car, if she got it for nothing.
working for the car helps her self-esteem. teaches her the value of labor

incest doesn't have to stop when you grow up, you can still sneak around behind your partners

there's no excitement in a boy marrying him mother and living a life together. don't go there

sis is there for you because she loves you, and you're grounded and unable to be with your girlfriend, not because she wants to make mutant babies. she enjoys the thrill of cheating on her boyfriend too. dumping her boyfriend to cuck her brother... wut why? marry the other guy and cuck him, don't cuck your own brother.

trying to justify incest and say it's acceptable for dad to marry daughter and live like normal people is boring
any two people can be a couple and play house together

it takes all the fun out of incest if it's normal. the old ball and chain
That's.... surprisingly close to how I think about it... WTF! xD

Ying Ko

Jun 16, 2018
It’s interesting to read that Polywog has been made privy to every incestuous relationship that has ever occurred. Putting aside that foray into his delusions of grandeur, there is an audience for romance within the genre, despite what he says.

polywog

Forum Fanatic
May 19, 2017
It’s interesting to read that Polywog has been made privy to every incestuous relationship that has ever occurred. Putting aside that foray into his delusions of grandeur, there is an audience for romance within the genre, despite what he says.
I have been to near a hundred different groups therapy, coping, survivors, etc. studying humans

you are correct that there are a variety of different people who have been affected by incest in a variety of ways, some I haven't seen, but I've sat down with many, and listened to their story. you're welcome to share yours

There is a small minority that has a hard time , feeling like what they are doing is wrong... over compensating
thinking that what they are doing could only be "normal" if everyone where doing it.
fuck normal, there is no one size fits all. pushing your pros on others is just as bad as others pushing their cons on you.

If two adults want to live together, have at it.

Put it this way. Being gay was once taboo. You had flaming gays running around saying "look at me, i'm special, i'm gay."
Not anymore. Being gay got normalized. You can prance around being gay all day, and nobody cares anymore.

Abortion was once taboo. you had to sneak across the border to murder a fetus. there was a thrill of getting caught, but now abortion is normalized. you can whack a fetus and the boss only gives you half a day off work, now.

Same goes for incest. You and your dad living together as a gay couple is boring. Nobody cares, it's just a relationship.

recreation

pure evil!
Respected User
Game Developer
Jun 10, 2018
Absolutely, I like the romance part too!

anne O'nymous

I'm not grumpy, I'm just coded that way.
Modder
Respected User
Donor
Jun 10, 2017
I think the most important part of a incest story is the buildup of the relationships where "exploring their new found feelings" is the key, starting a game where the relationship is already there takes that away.
I agree. Once the relationship is set up, the only difference with any other relationship is on the eyes of the witness.

anne O'nymous one of the reasons I try to do more with less, especially on these forums, is because a lot of the time there are people like you who are smart and start to fill in the gaps. This way over the course of multiple replies I can cover what I want to say without writing an single massive essay that no one reads. Rhetorical manipulation of dialog :D.
It's not just rhetorical manipulation, and that's why, when I have the time, I "play this game with you". It provide two "opposed" (but not necessarily in conflict) point of view, which help the reader to build his own opinion.

In response to the points and concerns you have noted, I in summary, I am visually oriented and find that even the simplest of games can impress.
While, for myself, can't imagine one (visual) without the other (words). From my point of view, whatever how expressive the image can be, they need an effective context to give the best of what they have ; which don't mean that you necessarily need to write a lot.
To keep the Luna's past scene, when the poor girl hold Luna's hand, it's already full of feelings with the images. But those feelings suddenly go to the infinite by the addition of the small dialog that accompany them. It's this (I'll summarize it), "are you alright ?", "Yes, don't worry, everything will be good", that make you pass from the "poor girl" carried by the image, to you being in tears.
The images themselves can carry the hopes and desperation of the girls, but they can't carry what matter the more in this scene, their innocence and the strong bound they have together. And at the opposite, the words by themselves couldn't have carried their hopes and desperation as efficiently.
And, in top of that, it everything that happened before in the scene, that make our feelings goes over the top. It's because, in the course of the images and texts, we came to care about them, that when the worse happen, we can't contain our feelings anymore.
Remove one, whatever the texts, the images, or what was before this moment of the scene, and we would had felt almost nothing at this time of the scene. We wouldn't have come to the point we care about them, and therefore how could have we cared about what happen ?

In the example, I would say there are two phases. There is the two interacting (the bullet points) and then there are the characters reacting.
No. There isn't the characters reacting. I explicitly said that they shouldn't react, because there's nothing to react to. And if reaction they should have, internalization is the last of all the possibilities.
It's not always avoidable, but it should be avoided as much as possible. If, by example, you want the son to be pleased by the view of his topless mother, give him a stupid smile, it will always be better than a, "wow, mom is still beautiful despite her age" ; a comment that anyway don't have is place in the story.

Rather, I am talking about how in the above example, since each character tries to act calm, I feel like what happens through most of the beginning (the part 79flavors would say to skip) is that both characters try to "dance" around the subject as they try to deny their feelings or try not to show their feelings.
But they can only dance around it when they are aware of it. It's what make incest stories so different to other romances. You live we the person you fall in love with, therefore you don't see you falling in love.

This in the exact same way that you don't see this person age. All parents have heard the famous, "Oh my god, he've changed so much", and unless it's a really effective change (the other have seen it when he was still a baby and now he's 3 years old, or things like this), the parents are always confused. They haven't seen the change, because they can't see it. How can they, the change happened gradually for them, there were (to express it dumbly) 0.3% change each day, while the other person not having seen the child during a whole year, see a 100% change.
And the same goes for the feeling. The son slowly start to romantically love his mother, the mother start to romantically love her son, but it's a slow and gradual grow. They can't be aware of it from the start, like they can't effectively be aware of it before it effectively become romantic love.

When they discover that this feeling exist, it's already too late. They already felt in love, and at this time, yes, they start to dance around it. But generally it don't last long. Either the moral win, and they suppress it, or the feeling love, and they stop caring about the moral.
You can't pass an effectively long time knowing that you romantically love a relative, without being obligated to deal with this feeling in a way or another. It's just mentally and psychologically impossible. It can last one month, perhaps to, but it's really the maximal. Either you deal with it, or you end in an asylum ; our mind is not built to deal with such conflict in a long time.

After this point, it's not around their feeling that they dance, they've nothing to dance around. They live it like an impossible love, trying to gain small rewards (like the kiss in the lips by example) as consolation price. But that's all, a real lover wouldn't force the other, not embarrass him.
And finally, when they discover that it's a shared feeling, around what do you want to dance ? They are lovers like any other. At worse, they dance around other peoples, that's all.

The main key here is the conflict between what they feel and what they should feel. Each incest game understood it and express it. But what their author feel to understand is that it's not a conflict you can live with.
This exactly in the same way that couples who stop to love each other can't live long with the conflict between the faked love and the real absence of feeling. If they quickly deal with it, they can stay friends, but if they try to ignore it, repelling forever the moment to deal with it, they become one of those couple who fight every time and/or pass through a divorce full of hate.
It's how our mind protect itself. If you can't deal with the internal conflict, then it will spread in every single one of your actions, because it can't stay silent forever.

This is just me, but I feel that too often stories get stuck on the part where the characters dance around the issue. I feel people get stuck on this because they are trying to write realistically, and realistically people do dance around problems and issues.
This while, like I said above, it's a problem that can't be treated like this.
In the end, if the story get stuck, it's mostly because the author didn't understood how much, and why, it's different to other stories.

I think the challenge is trying to make change in people something that is convincing. Most of the time we don't change if we don't want to.
Which is one of the difference. It's not a question of wanting to change or not, you need to change, in a way or another.
Can you imagine how it can be to live constantly with the person you romantically love, knowing that you shouldn't romantically love this person, having to act like you don't romantically love this person. All this with this person being someone who love you, but not the way you want it, express this love all day long, and being someone you don't want to stop loving, because it would be horrible coming from you to stop loving your mother/son.
Unlike all the other situation where you have to change, the starting position is not a stable one. You don't have the possibility to stay like you actually are. It's not, "fuck it, I'll stay single all my live, I really don't want to socialize", nor, "fuck it, I'll not stop smoking. If I die younger, then I'll die younger". The actual position is unbearable, you have no other choice than to change, whatever how you'll do it.

Sure one could become more sexually bolder,
Which wouldn't works for an incest story.
You can lead someone to the idea to "give it a try" because you've been bold enough and, "well, why not him, he's not a bad guy after all". But you can't do this with a relative. Can you really imagine a mother or a sister "giving it a try" with her son or brother ?
If the feeling isn't here from the start, either consciously or not, it will never be here. Or it's a step family case, or a long time separated one. There, it can perhaps works, but because at the start of the game they already don't see each other like an effective relative.
No, the only way being bold can works for an incest story, is if it's established that in this universe incest is something totally natural. It's, in a way, what Sisterly Lust did, by making them goes in vacancy in a place infamous for being full of incestuous relationship everywhere. Suddenly, this kind of relationship felt totally natural, and it become possible to "give it a try".

Often to break out of the dance, you need something like to force an interaction, such as mom catching the son with a boner or something cliche like that (not too sure what all the cliches there are on this subject).
There's three of them.
The one you already named, and which obviously apply to any female character with any male character. And there's the opposite, the male character seeing the female one in the shower or changing in her room. But both aren't at all right since they base the incestuous relationship on lust, while it should be based on love.
And there's the third cliché, the sister (generally the older one) who act like a bitch hating the MC, because she's totally mad in love for him. This one being correct. Not only because it base the relationship on love, but also because, probably without knowing it, the author write a character that act accordingly to her internal conflict. She can't love him the way she want, she'll do everything to make him avoid her as much as possible, which is a way to deal with the conflict, because you remove its cause ; you can't stop loving someone (relatively speaking), but you can remove this someone from your life.

I often find it jarring that a writer tries to be careful about things, having characters dance around the problem, only to solve it by tripping them both up with this "sudden" event, and that contrast in writing I feel like gets relied on too much.
Technically they aren't wrong, it's an all or nothing situation. But it's where most of the author stop to be right, because they don't pass from "nothing" to "all" ; starting with small interactions that don't happen in real life.
They write it like the starting relation of two shy teenagers who think that they are in love, but like any teenagers aren't really sure that it's love, and are afraid to have sex. This while it's a relation between two persons who already know that they are in love, and who want to have sex ; because, like I said above, until the moment they understand that they want to have sex with the other, they don't know that they are in love. For them, their feeling is natural, because it grown slowly in the course of many years, and also because it's totally mixed with the "not romantic love" that they felt since birth.

[...] eventually the characters need to understand that the other character is reciprocating, and you either give consent, or catch them in the act, it seems like.
That's the only effective blocking point in incest stories.
None go see his mother and say (to use the cliché line), "I love you live a woman, I want you to be my lover". Therefore it need to come from something totally innocent that can change both slowly and drastically ; like the kiss I use previously. Once it's natural for them to kiss on the lips, the right mood, a kiss that is a little longer than usual, the lips that starts to open... Something that none of them control, which happen naturally and lead to a mutual consent that they haven't asked for. It's, more or less, the only possible situation, because it's, more or less, the only situation where the consent is expressed without being asked.

If you achieve to make them sleep naked in the same bed without all this looking stupid, you can also try to make it happen this way. Without wanting it, their body touch each other ; it can be a small bed in a motel because they were going far away and stopped mid-way, and for once they are naked because... because I don't know :D I can make them in their underwear, the night clothes are in the bags, the bags in the car, fuck it, they are too tired, they'll sleep like that for once. But still, sharing a bed need to be something already totally natural for them, as well as seeing each other in their underwear.
Unconsciously one start to rub, it can be just because the person search a better place to sleep. Unconsciously the other respond.
The mother put her hand on her son body, to reassure him, saying something like, "I know it's not comfortable, but I'm sure that you'll be able to sleep."
The son do the same, to appease her mother, saying something like, "don't worry".
The hands stay a little longer, each of them are stealing a small piece of this intimacy they want to share, but can't have.
The hands move. It can be the mother at first, "come more closely, I don't want you to fell off the bed". The move was more sensual that she wanted it, but it's too late, and it was so pleasing.
The son also move his and, to come closely as asked. For him also, it was more a sensual move than anything.
The hands stay, they start to move slowly, the sensuality of their movement is a little more marked ; did (s)he really don't care ? Did (s)he really want it ? Those movements are a try, they start to become sexual, not by the action themselves, but by the place they try to reach, by the grip that make the bodies be more and more close, but the small rubs that are less and less innocent anymore.
Both understand it, the other want it as much as them. The one being the small spoon turn back, facing the other. They look each other in the eye for few seconds, searching the answer in the desire they can read here. This night they had another "good night" kiss... a "good night" french kiss" right from the start. This night they'll make love for the first time.

Or there's also the sudden realization, you look at the other and recognize this spark in her eyes, it make you smile like an idiot, and she recognize this smile. Then there's a "but...", a "yes...", and they start to kiss, then make love. Most of the time, it starts like this in real life, but obviously not after the first exchange. You need time to process that you weren't wrong all those time before. But in a game, it would feel like totally cheap writing :(
There's also another possibility, but like I intend to use it in my game (if I achieve to make it), I'll not talk about it this time ;)

Scooper

Jul 28, 2017

I'm not quite sure your comparisons work here, because incest IS taboo, and widely accepted as such. Casually suggesting that two unrelated people diddling each other at a young age is the same as a mother/son or father/daughter doing the same just doesn't logically follow.

You know how it's easy to tell? Go on any porn site and try to find any incest porn that isn't a couple of "actors" playing the role. I think you'd be hard pressed to come up with any verifiable results.

I'm a little torn on this as a result of some bias, but I understand your point. I think when it comes to developing a story... to the best of my knowledge it seems that elements at play must escalate. We are talking about porn games, after all, so there's not much that can actually evolve outside of the physical and emotional state of things. Sure - there's external forces one can introduce, but it's typically one of few options, and therefore quite tired. I can't say that I know how to get around that particular issue, however.

polywog

Forum Fanatic
May 19, 2017
I'm not quite sure your comparisons work here, because incest IS taboo, and widely accepted as such. Casually suggesting that two unrelated people diddling each other at a young age is the same as a mother/son or father/daughter doing the same just doesn't logically follow.

You know how it's easy to tell? Go on any porn site and try to find any incest porn that isn't a couple of "actors" playing the role. I think you'd be hard pressed to come up with any verifiable results.

I'm a little torn on this as a result of some bias, but I understand your point. I think when it comes to developing a story... to the best of my knowledge it seems that elements at play must escalate. We are talking about porn games, after all, so there's not much that can actually evolve outside of the physical and emotional state of things. Sure - there's external forces one can introduce, but it's typically one of few options, and therefore quite tired. I can't say that I know how to get around that particular issue, however.
All models depicted in the game are over 18. Yes, the models are actors playing a role.
The stories you are about to hear are based on real events, but ages have been changed to protect the innocent.

anne O'nymous

I'm not grumpy, I'm just coded that way.
Modder
Respected User
Donor
Jun 10, 2017
His comparison work, but it all depend of the "here". The world is vast, fully of multiple cultures, and multiple mentalities. There's part of it where casual incest is near to the norm, while there's part where it's the worse thing that can happen.
And the difference also apply at the side of countries. You'll find way less case of casual incest in, lets say New York, than in a small town of the Middle East. Partly because of the cultural context, partly because of the amount of opportunities. When there's only 10 girls your age, counting your sister, at less than 10 miles around, the chance that you'll do something sexual with your sister are way higher than when there's 1 000 girls your age at less than a 20 minutes walk. When nudity is natural in your family, the chance that casual incest will happen are higher than if you're grounded for a month because you left your room in your pajama. And so on.

Your reasoning is wrong.
I know that social media prove that there's a lot of idiots around there, but you need to remember that there's still people who have a brain, even if they commit to incest. Uploading a video of you having sex with a relative isn't something you want to do if incest is illegal in your country. The lack of real incest video doesn't necessarily mean that incest isn't something frequent ; it can also mean that people committing incest aren't inevitably idiots.
Yet, there's those two US cam twin sisters who had a hard time because they weren't part of the smart ones.

Scooper

Jul 28, 2017
Your reasoning is wrong.
I know that social media prove that there's a lot of idiots around there, but you need to remember that there's still people who have a brain, even if they commit to incest. Uploading a video of you having sex with a relative isn't something you want to do if incest is illegal in your country. The lack of real incest video doesn't necessarily mean that incest isn't something frequent ; it can also mean that people committing incest aren't inevitably idiots.
Yet, there's those two US cam twin sisters who had a hard time because they weren't part of the smart ones.
[/QUOTE]

It’s certainly not the best example, nor was it intended to cover the entire topic on its own as far as an explanation would go. But, it is SOME evidence, rather than all these wild (albeit not too unbelievable) anecdotes.

polywog

Forum Fanatic
May 19, 2017

Last edited:

Saki_Sliz

May 3, 2018

You make an interesting point. A lot of the time I over thing projects and worry about what the end game should be. I don't do much work on incest projects, but I would want to wonder how you would end a game. But I know that with a lot of comics each is just a short story. Being short and focused on 1 or 2 events/encounters, said comics don't have the issue of an end game goal. many projects that I see are active do have episodic releases, I haven't played date my daughter but perhaps they follow a similar logic, follow a story, not a goal.

No. There isn't the characters reacting. I explicitly said that they shouldn't react, because there's nothing to react to. And if reaction they should have, internalization is the last of all the possibilities.
Ah I must have missed that detail then, sorry :p

You live we the person you fall in love with, therefore you don't see you falling in love.
Well said, that does sound like the foundation of good romance writing. While I respect the skills it would take to deliver such an experience, I don't know if it is my cup of tea, personally. Either because my attention span, or the fact that I prefer romance as a 'later in the story' and 'on the side' kind of thing. It is kinda why I love fanfictions because the work or a pre-established and interesting world, which has already hooked me in and makes me want a particular matching or romance. My concern with a lot of projects is yes the characters and story is important, but with modern day life it isn't interesting enough for me to care. I tend to look towards fantacy game more as a result. I am a stimulant junky :p

When they discover that this feeling exist, it's already too late. They already felt in love, and at this time, yes, they start to dance around it. But generally it don't last long. Either the moral win, and they suppress it, or the feeling love, and they stop caring about the moral.
True, it can't last long, not just because realism, but for game design reason. If incest is the goal, if suddenly everyone loves eachother, then the story is over. Conflict or struggle is the driver for all stories, with hardly any exceptions (gag comics are an exception). If the primary problem is no longer a problem, the often games loose the main reason people play it. Now depending on how fast people reject or accept, and how, it could be a cliche or it could be slower and hard to identify as a cliche, because with only two options, accept, or suppress, it would be hard not to fall into any cliches.

The main key here is the conflict between what they feel and what they should feel. Each incest game understood it and express it.
I guess when I mean, they dance, I am not talking about their internal struggle, but rather for a nsfw game, if you want lewd content, often characters need to interact (which I consider the core of the game is characters interacting with one another). The most interesting thing to me is how characters interact, and depend on how well they hide their feelings, then all the interactions are normal and boring to me. I guess you can say that I only find conflict to be interesting (even internal conflict) if other people/characters get to see and react to said struggle. It could be a friend who finds it fun but tries to support it, or when it is obvious infront of others, or the mom gets so shy and runs away after being obviously a bit embarassed. Just sillyness I guess helps to make things interesting. but I have the bad habit of trying to write where people try to be logical about how they feel and thus nothing is fun when I write. I am trying to improve myself by making my writing more interesting by first simplifying.

For the other half of your reply, I can summarize it as 3 parts, writing, cliches, and writing change. I summarize so that my reply isn't too long, but I thank you for going through my reply thoroughly.

About writing. A lot of what you have to say is accurate, naturally. But I want to point out (playing the opposition :p) is it is you are accurate for what most people care about, realistic writing, and modern-day setting.
Once it's natural for them to kiss on the lips, the right mood, a kiss that is a little longer than usual, the lips that starts to open... Something that none of them control, which happen naturally and lead to a mutual consent that they haven't asked for.
This makes sense, I have seen it done well once (not sure where or what game) and I can respect it. However, when I explore myself and try to figure out what I like most, I find that doing things like this, slowly and well written, I again don't have the attention span to want to read it (unless I am really invested in the story) and most of the time I think I can infer what the author is trying to say without reading. If I want to write good games I would follow your advice, but I want to make games that I personally would love if I had found, and again it goes back to describing how each of us is different and my brain is a dead goldfish that only reacts to expressive cartoony situations because my brain demands high stimuli (I think that is also why I have a real-life sweet tooth even as an adult, I make drinks and treats way too sweet for others to drink/eat.)

With the cliches you listed out, again I feel those numbers are limited due to trying to be realistic and modern day stuff, and only can be avoided by being slow and controlling the pacing of writing, but with more cartoonish exaggerated writing you could have more leniency.

For change in characters/relationship I like your example of them sleeping together and how it progresses. I think I had though of something similar, but I eventually rejected the idea because it was about that time I realized i didn't like the writing style because it took too many words for what I want to make and I had found some derpy game that managed to do the same thing with little to no words, again inspiring me to my current goals.

And it looks like polywog is on a role again.

Reactions: anne O'nymous

kaiten

May 4, 2017
If you want to make a different incest game, put in some dom/sub relationships and maybe a full pregnancy or two. Also don't write like a virgin seeing a boob for the first time.

Reactions: Saki_Sliz

polywog

Forum Fanatic
May 19, 2017
Love is a very confusing thing for some people. I don't want to point a finger, but someone just said "fall in love with your sister" was she not a beloved family member before? The taboo we're going for in incest games is LUST not love.

Your sister loved you the moment they brought you home from the hospital, you're a member of the clan.

Sisters rival one another to be daddy's favorite, they try and steal each others boyfriends, but brother and sister do not typically have competing goals. It's very different being raised by a single parent.

Saki_Sliz

May 3, 2018
The taboo we're going for in incest games is LUST not love.
Yes, I could easily see a game do well if it were to focus on this aspect, to help it tailor to particular players, thanks for making the distinction! :D
A lot of the time in safe for work game making, projects can loose track of their 'focus' and tend to get muddied up. An example is when a game panders to be likeable by all, but as a result being the jack of all trades it ends up failing to be a guru in any, games fail to do any one thing particularly well. Games with too many fetishes tend not to do each fetish enough. Hence why we sometimes look for a dedicated game, such as an incest game. But even if we focus on incest, we may still not realize the many facets of the fetish or of writing and not realize we still need to hammer out key focus points of the projects. Such as focusing on interesting lust rather than a believable love story.
I feel like you would be the type of person to argue that the only believable incest love story would be if they didn't know they were related untill the end or mid way. But then that would bypass the whole taboo fun part about it. it would be a love story but a poor lewd game.

polywog

Forum Fanatic
May 19, 2017
Yes, I could easily see a game do well if it were to focus on this aspect, to help it tailor to particular players, thanks for making the distinction! :D
A lot of the time in safe for work game making, projects can loose track of their 'focus' and tend to get muddied up. An example is when a game panders to be likeable by all, but as a result being the jack of all trades it ends up failing to be a guru in any, games fail to do any one thing particularly well. Games with too many fetishes tend not to do each fetish enough. Hence why we sometimes look for a dedicated game, such as an incest game. But even if we focus on incest, we may still not realize the many facets of the fetish or of writing and not realize we still need to hammer out key focus points of the projects. Such as focusing on interesting lust rather than a believable love story.
I feel like you would be the type of person to argue that the only believable incest love story would be if they didn't know they were related untill the end or mid way. But then that would bypass the whole taboo fun part about it. it would be a love story but a poor lewd game.
Luke lusted for the girl in the hologram, even though her message was not for him, he vowed to do anything to be with her. There were plenty of hot girls on Tatooine, but there was something familiar about Leia. Likewise Leia was attracted, but having been raised by Lando, while Luke was a mama's boy... she wanted someone more rugged. Luke hit the gym, hired personal trainer Yoda, to help him bulk up, and win Leia's affection, but it wasn't enough. Even tho it was NTR the fans loved Star Wars. The MC's father Anakin, cut Luke's hand off so he would stop fapping to his sister.
Han didn't love Leia, she was nothing but trouble, their whole relationship was lust and hate fucking.

Bobber Tail

Nov 28, 2017
Sex and attraction are basic and necessary human actions. Tropes/Traits/Behaviors/etc are a fact of genetic imprint. We like what we know, right or wrong. Mothers create the greatest imprint as they, generally, hold the tightest bond. Though, a sibling may take that mantle. It depends on factors such as position in family and number of siblings.
Some may bond more with a sibling than a parent, only children may bond with an external figure.
Supposedly one (as a male or lesbian base) fixates on their mothers figure as a desire base. One may fixate on any other relative, as relatives are most likely to spend great amounts of time and attention with a developing psyche.
A bond may be formed with anyone in early development. Some may never form a bond and be confused sexually.
Basically, stereotypes rule reality for a reason. Like attracts like. One prone to a tilt and subjected to a path will please the connect, regardless of sexuality. In this time, more pressure and confusion is evident than ever.
So, incest is the vanguard of isolation. A specific faction of the general population will encounter this fetish, to what extent is based upon external factors.