Daz Any way to counter or mitigate the extreme UI lag in Daz Studio?

moose_puck

Sep 6, 2021
Daz Studio has so many quirks and ticks that trying to find any information on a bug is drowned out in the noise; but there's one issue with Daz that drives me crazy - every single day! it's the apparent lag in using the UI to make selections in the Scene pane.

What happens it this... anytime you are doing normal shit with your scene items (for example, clicking the 'eye' icons to make a series of items not visible ... or ... selecting several items to parent in a group) and you click too fast, weird stuff starts to happen. The most common one is you'll click a couple of things then, the next thing you know, a dozen items are selected and colored yellow. Or you click a couple of items and then you find that you have parented something to something else by mistake or you have duplicated a bunch of items....

It's so bad sometimes, that i find myself now being stupidly slow in any mouse use in the scene pane. Like CLICK ... "one Mississippi" ... CLICK ... etc. You get the picture.

It's not a computer issue. While I am still lacking in the GPU for renders, the rest of my system is top notch and everything runs smooth. If I had to guess, I'd say it's a memory or resource flaw deep in Daz's core. The little I can find on Google about this seems to suggest it's been happening for 5 years or more.

Anyone ever heard of a way to mitigate this behavior? I mean, other then reprogramming the user :p

mickydoo

Fudged it again.
Game Developer
Jan 5, 2018
Sounds like PEBCAK to me, just slow down, takes me one Mississippi to think between clicks anyway.

moose_puck

Sep 6, 2021
Sounds like PEBCAK to me, just slow down, takes me one Mississippi to think between clicks anyway.
LOL, ya.. I get a bit fast, but this is beyond the pale. The other thing I might try is to get a new mouse to compare it with. My current mouse is a cheap gaming mouse and I suspect the software used to run it lags a little bit.

mickydoo

Fudged it again.
Game Developer
Jan 5, 2018
LOL, ya.. I get a bit fast, but this is beyond the pale. The other thing I might try is to get a new mouse to compare it with. My current mouse is a cheap gaming mouse and I suspect the software used to run it lags a little bit.
Try putting a cloth of some description under the mouse, anything with a bit of friction. I have found in the past wireless mice (I assume you are using one), if they slip and slide easily can be slightly bumped when you press buttons. If you have any old corded mouse lying around, try that and see if the issue goes away.