Anyone else think this site desperately needs some form of quality control?

DS23G

Game Developer
Jul 24, 2019
Plenty of devs post or lurk on this site. In fact, it's probably the biggest and most active community to get feedback for your game. Removing games with flaws, and be they heavy flaws, removes a chance for devs to get helpful feedback and improve their games.

Joshua Tree

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 10, 2017
The site need quality control for threads such as this :ROFLMAO:

Seriously though, don't download and try everything uncritically if you afraid of come across a turd sandwich now and then. Ignore is there for a reason too.

Reactions: ForgottenMan1

Drafilgame

Oct 21, 2020
I would find this a bit of a shame knowing that my best experiences have been playing games with one or more of the problems you mention.

Sometimes a game with not at all attractive renders kept me awake all night with their story, sometimes games with repetitive bugs, sometimes a writing like mine (average ..) etc ... brought me a lot satisfaction while others with "beautiful graphics" , clean code and correct writing did not please me at all (often because of the similarity of the stories).

Don't blame new developers for not being perfect ... especially if they are working alone at first

BrainWaves

May 6, 2020
Hey wasting one day on trying a bunch of "crappy" games that devs spent months to years on ? Doesn't sound like you're getting the worst out of it really.
As someone who would like to be a dev at some point, I actually find it very interesting to try games at different levels of quality. It teaches you stuff you wouldn't get by only playing AAA ultra-polished titles.
And as it's been pointed out in this thread, some times, the game manages to be interesting while having flaws that would get you to discard it as "crappy". There's always something that made it worth my time.

Also devs learn from their mistakes and learn over time. But for that you need to put your game out there and see what people have to say. If not there, then where ?

Reactions: Nottravis
Mar 12, 2018
This is about games that are broken, games that are machine translated and games with graphics that look to be designed by a chimp with two broken hands.
There are many people who are more than glad to play machine translation (some games with it are very popular) and many good games have shitty art or NO art at all. Like, for example, earlier version of the Last Sovereign from your signature. So, who the hell would judge that the game isn't worth playing? It is something that each person decides on his own.

Reactions: ForgottenMan1

zeref2211

Jun 8, 2019
There are far too many "games" that use the crappy looking, uncanny valley 3d models for pictures and stiff animations lately in my opinion.

I'll check this site every couple days and look through 4-6 pages and over 90% are those.

Aug 13, 2017
Well now that they have a CASH contest you see every single piece of garbage being trotted out for a chance to win.
the volume of updates has nearly tripled since they announced the contest for the holidays. LockerRoomEileenNAdelaideC.png

kaiten

May 4, 2017
This site is heaps better than Google's app approval process. Yet no angry mobs have burned Google's HQ down yet.

konabwo

Engaged Member
Sep 19, 2020
if someone could optimize search results for me - that would be awesome :cool:
but to pull that off for everyone while based on the below - is counter-productive
This is about games that are broken - what if such will be fixed later by devs or some community mods and bugfix files
games that are machine translated - i play only sandboxes so cannot say i care much about text
and games with graphics that look to be designed by a chimp with two broken hands. - probably subjective. looks like people are fine with all sorts of graphics and renders/art.

HerbertIronsides

Oct 2, 2017
Yeah reviews are not the answer almost every review is 5 starts game is godlike, or 1 star the game assaulted me and stole my wallet.

konabwo

Engaged Member
Sep 19, 2020
Yeah reviews are not the answer ... 1 star the game assaulted me and stole my wallet.
i even created a thread on that. but due to another reason. 1 star as "the game was a sandbox with unknown to me interface and gamestyle which didnot resemble common to me vn reading. so i will assess all sbx elements as bad "