Daz Anyone know how to load default eyeballs for a Genesis character?

moose_puck

Sep 6, 2021
Got a weird one here.. I was playing around with applying a Blush from one character on another and it worked pretty well. I even figured out how to reload the default face skin to remove the blush. But somewhere along the line, i ended up with like two sets of eyeball textures on one of the genesis males.

I looked through the scene tab and see no duplicates for anything. I went through the surface textures and they all seem correct (blue eyes) but when I render, you can see there's like two different sets loaded. I even used the "Remove Head Morph" and "Apply Head Morph" to try and correct it and no joy.

I'm not screwed as I had the scene backed up, but I was wondering if there's a way to default the iris textures more easily? If I hadn't saved this scene like 5 mins before, I'd be screaming as I had some complicated posing and camera angles all applied. Reloading the character by itself would have meant redoing those poses. (Ya... I'm gonna start saving poses now, lol)

Just trying to learn more of this strange thing that is DAZ :p

double_eye.jpg
(Forgive the rough render.. I stopped it as soon as I saw the problem)

Deleted member 1121028

Dec 28, 2018
I went through the surface textures and they all seem correct (blue eyes) but when I render, you can see there's like two different sets loaded. I even used the "Remove Head Morph" and "Apply Head Morph" to try and correct it and no joy.
/!\ Drunk alert

Did you double check Layered Image Editor (lie)?

DAZStudio_ndlRtBaCag.jpg

GNVE

Jul 20, 2018
How far off the zero (Null?) point are you? (i.e. is it a large scene where you needed to move the character a lot to get it from where it loaded to where you posed it? This happens if you stray to far from the zero point

moose_puck

Sep 6, 2021
How far off the zero (Null?) point are you? (i.e. is it a large scene where you needed to move the character a lot to get it from where it loaded to where you posed it? This happens if you stray to far from the zero point

BINGO! You got it!

I just logged in to post that exact reason.

After 2 frigging hours of troubleshooting, I realized that it was all just the origin point bug... goddammit!

At first I thought that blush mod did something... spent an hour trying different skins and surfaces... everything was fine. Then I thought maybe it was something messed up with the character morphs, as this character is a G8M with one morph and then another morph on top of that and then an HD pack. So I did the step by step, reloading all of them and still the same...

Then I finally thought... couldn't be origin point related could it? I thought that only put artifacts on the face... But that's exactly what it was. My scene was +1517 X axis from the 0 point.

So, then I had to move my whole scene back to the origin point... vehicle, two G8 characters, 4 spots and 6 cameras. No problem! I just put them all in a single scene group and move them right? Nope... of course, after fucking up a million composite renders because I accidentaly moved a camera thinking I was in Perspective View, I now lock every camera in all 6 major transforms (xyz pos's and xyz rot's) Do you know how tedious it is to unlock 6 cameras in DAZ?

Came close to a keyboard smashing rage induced fit just a little while ago... haha. Got a bowl of cherry ice cream to calm me down instead.

mickydoo

Fudged it again.
Game Developer
Jan 5, 2018
New tab - script ide and paste this file (attached to this post) in and run it, it will centre on what ever character/object is selected (you can then just save it in the script ide and run it when whenever)

and 6 cameras
Yeah nah never do that, one camera and save, whole new scene for the second camera etc, makes life simpler.

moose_puck

Sep 6, 2021
New tab - script ide and paste this file (attached to this post) in and run it, it will centre on what ever character/object is selected (you can then just save it in the script ide and run it when whenever)

Yeah nah never do that, one camera and save, whole new scene for the second camera etc, makes life simpler.
Thx, I'll try this.

The problem I had when moving my scene with the cameras is they won't move when locked so the scene moves and the cams stay in the original spot, messing all the angles up, lol.

I'm starting to drift towards your thinking there though... separate scene dufs for every shot. Fuck it! Hard drive space is cheap. I got in the multiple camera angles for 2 reasons... first, I used to use render queue a lot and that made it easier to have all the cams in one scene. Also, I do a lot of composting images in photoshop, so even a minor camera movement screws up my layering.

Lately I have been buying those little notebooks from the dollar store and writing down every camera position I use. That way, I can rebuild a screwed up scene pretty quick. I also write down environmental information (like what Dome I'm using, the rotation angles, etc) since DAZ is also prone to loading in new lighting info from other assets you merge in.... if you don't follow the steps right.