Identify Anyone knows the name of the game?

taberenc

Game Developer
Dec 4, 2018
i was a contributor of this game. Github deleted my fork because of the nudity scenes.
Someone contacted me (i dont know his name in this forum) and asked me about the game, which i had forgotten.
Now ive reupladed the files on
ive reinstalled rpg maker xp also.
by now ill try to fix some things when ill have some time. There is a few issues to be fixed in the last version that ive got, which i think that is from july 2017 (i left around may/june of that year). I thought that the project would continue, but it seems that didnt.
Ive checked the current version. I think that is necessary to make a bit easier the beginning of the game. The final goblin boss and the final boss on the catacombs are too hard for a bronze armor, cotton robe and pan shield.
I'll try to add some more stuff in the shop at the beginning.
My purpose is to make an end to the game, a good one, since was left unfinished and Garnet was not able to find her father.
Ill do it slowly, since i dont have nowadays the same free time that i had got years ago.
But, at least.. will not be abandoned for some time.
If someone wants to collaborate, since the previous forum disappeared, ideas are wellcome about where to do it. i wont come here because im not used to it. Was that user previously mentioned who gave me this link.
I think that whoever wants to make contact will be able to do so in the github. maybe a blogger page could be done, i dont know.

A list of bugs would make things easier, but im not sure if ill be able to fix them all. Im just learning again how things were done.

Reactions: jonwich

taberenc

Game Developer
Dec 4, 2018
If you are interested in checking it out, this is the github address:

My intention is to give the game the good ending that requires while keeping the same atmosphere, not to remake the job that others began and left inconcluded. I respect the work of others. I've tried to communicate with them, unsuccessfully to the date, in case someone wants to finish his part.
there is plenty of room for more events and scenes, but i guess that the idea is that those additions are coherent with the rest of the game, characters and events.

After finishing it.. i'll try to rebalance it. some questions, like the relation between armors, weapons, enemies and levels need to be reconsidered. but my main goal right now is the good ending, so i've not touched the balance stuff and i've left it as it was in 2017. There is a time for each thing.

If you check it out.. let me know. I've created today a blogspot with the only purpose of making comments possible. This one:

i was part of the version of 2017, along with others. That version was banned on github because some content was against the rules of them. It happened when i broke my arm (2 times), and after that i forgot about it. Live goes on. Since it was a collective project i wasn't aware, back then, that me leaving it would imply the project to be abandoned. That was 5 years ago.
I thought that others would continue it.. but my version was a branch of the main one, that was already been abadoned. I was not aware of my weight in the project because my part was basically some drawings, maps.. I'm not a programmer myself.
the point is.. i resumed the work around 2 months ago.
I've relearnt to do the things (which i had forgot) and learnt to make new ones.
the current version has more events, more maps, a few more scenes, and my main focus (as it was before) is to give to the game a good ending, where Garnet meets her father.
Until now (since i resumed the project) i've been doing the job alone.

attached: current partial map

Last edited:
  • Red Heart
Reactions: jonwich

taberenc

Game Developer
Dec 4, 2018
Attached part of the map on its current state, in the version that i've been updating since last october here:

Adventures of Garnet

jonwich

Nov 12, 2017
Attached part of the map on its current state, in the version that i've been updating since last october here:
Pretty fuckin' great, mate. I'm excited! I wish I could help. I could write horrible things, if that's of any help, but my disability keeps me from doing much full time, and I probably don't know enough to help technically or artistically- always basically just been a writer. I remember playing this game for years, still go back to it on occasion.

• Red Heart
Reactions: taberenc

taberenc

Game Developer
Dec 4, 2018
Pretty fuckin' great, mate. I'm excited! I wish I could help. I could write horrible things, if that's of any help, but my disability keeps me from doing much full time, and I probably don't know enough to help technically or artistically- always basically just been a writer. I remember playing this game for years, still go back to it on occasion.
Any help is very wellcome. I'm not fluent english speaker so I'm sure that there is a ton of grammar mistakes or vocabulary imprecissions or errors.
To proceed.. look, you can, first, play the game and locate errors. Then, options:
- make an account on github, obtain rpgmaker xp, make a copy on your account (a fork, i think), and propose from your account the files where you have done the changes. Then i could add those changes directly on the github files.
or
- go to the blogspot page and comment there the bugs that you see.
I think that for you would be easier to change what you think that requires to be changed directly in the files isntead of just commenting them, but comments would be better than nothing.

I've been working on the game, basically on the ending part, where Garnet is supposed to finally find her father. Helador castle is completed. And I've already done the entry to the realm of the dead with some scenes inside. I'm finishing an event and when done, I'll update the game.

I've tried also to improve the interface of the skills hotkeys. But I'm not a programmer and the code of the game is a mess. Was added, years ago, the code of a program to run some stuff.. and is not easy to identify where the changes should be done, because that program works with some pre stablished conditions and in the active part of the code there are no explanations of what does each thing. Just commands and numbers.

Last edited: