Others - Completed - Aolta [v1.5] [Hornblase]

1. 5.00 star(s)

zartus

Amazing, unique game, sorely lacking in the erotic game genre. fun funny and sexy. I cant rave about this game enough.

The only negative I can think of is that it could use a few more sex scenes but damn this is great! I actually want to play more of this game and discover the world.
  2. 2.00 star(s)

McFuckyy96

I gave this a try and oh boy was it something. I commend the dev for trying to do something different.

Pros:
    -Hand-drawn art style
    -Game has a unique vibe
    -Pretty decently sized map
    -Lots of explorable areas
    -MC is unconventional

Cons:
    -Screen resizes to full screen even if you set it to windowed
    -Its keyboard controls only
    -No prominent main story or guidance
    -Grind is brutal and unrewarding
    -Gameplay loop simply doesn't work well
    -Limited scenes
    -Art can look quite goofy especially the humans/humanoids

I think its a cool concept and maybe if there were ever a 2nd iteration they cons could be ironed out but at the moment I'd pass on this game
  3. 2.00 star(s)

Crosaith.

My thoughts after completing the game without cheats...

Positive
    I like the art it kinda gives me those old-school Newgrounds vibes. It's also pretty cool playing as a tentacle monster instead of a normal human.

Negative
    The grind... story's bare-bones, there's only one sex scene for each girl and the endings are about a minute's worth of reading each. You gotta repeatedly walk around the town and succeed at multiple RNG stat checks for each event to progress... what makes it worse is, you gotta repeat the same content for each event multiple times to move on to the next one. It's just shitty filler to pad the length of the game.

Conclusion
    This game's a neat idea, but the execution is poor. If your main reason for playing this is to jerk off, I recommend just looking at the main page instead. It already shows most of the lewd content.
  4. 5.00 star(s)

Wise Naga

It's a video game from multiverse where censorship doesn't exist. Imagine if we could just play the game and not freak out about its content?
    Massive props to developer for creating true art without pandering to the masses with more "popular" stuff.

I don't want to say anything else, just dive in and have fun. This game has some fresh ideas. So just enjoy it until you can't.
  5. 5.00 star(s)

chthonic_goat_666

Another excellent Hornblase game. This one borrows its mechanics and narrative structure from a game called 'Alien Squatter', where you play as the eponymous alien squatter living in the ghettos in a dystopian future Tokyo.

Despite the obvious similarities to Alien Squatter, the game is it's own thing. The art is typically Hornblase, intentionally rough and gritty yet pretty when it needs to be. Some of the h-scenes are sexy, others not so much. YMMV.

Writing and dialogues are superlative for a lewd game. A lot of delightfully weird characters to interact with and many of them have quite a lot of dialogue written for them, so repeated interactions are worth it.

If you get horny from the h-scenes that's great. But even if you don't, you should play this for the short fun ride through a weird city.

Some reviewers have criticised the controls and ui very harshly. I agree they're somewhat clunky but it doesn't take long to get the hang of them. Pressing F11 toggles between fullscreen and windowed mode, which I didn't find mentioned anywhere in the game. Well, now you know.

Making players figure shit out for themselves seems to be a design choice (rather than a bug or oversight) in all of Hornblase's games. I guess it's up to personal taste/mood whether that appeals to you or not.

Since my own playthrough was relatively smooth and bug free, and to balance out the negative reviews based solely on the ui aspect, as well as being very impressed with the actual content, I'll give it 5/5.
  6. 1.00 star(s)

Dropbare

Decent concept and music. But the game simply does not work. Controls are beyond broken. And likewise is the UI. You can be stuck in the ESC screen and can not escape it. And for some reason the game autosaves in the ESC screen. Oh and there are no options/settings.

"Games" like this should not even be allowed on here as they don't work at all.
  7. 4.00 star(s)

Zell66

Aolta v1.4

4/5 recommend.

Aolta is not perfect: weird controls, sometimes buggy (i had to try ways around bugs plenty of times), grindy, not many sex scenes. However, it's certainly a VERY unique game and it's excellent in many ways: story/worldbuilding (you are a unique being in an very different and entertaining world), character development (the girls are very likeable), CGs (although simple I found them to be quite nice).

Try it out!
  8. 4.00 star(s)

Dankwank

4 stars is pretty generous but hear me out.
    Pros
    +If treated like an idle game, which this essentially is, it's pretty fun.
    + Quality art & a unique atmospheric feel
    + Plenty of good lewds, some of which are animated.

Cons
    - The controls are clunky. At this point though i'm not even surprised. I've never played a single Hornblase game that had good controls. Some of the older ones were so bad they could be outright unplayable. Compared to those this is a marked improvement.
    - Grind. It didn't bother me but i'll put some people off.
    - Counterintuitive layout. There was plenty of moments where I found myself pushing buttons for no clear reason. Will it accomplish something? Did it even register that I've pressed ok? No idea.

In summary it's a weird little game but not awful. If you can cope with a clunky set up you'll probably enjoy it. I think literally every aspect of this game could be improved further, but I don't regret playing it. I sank over an hour into this so far, and will probably sink a few more into it before I'm ready to call it quits on this one.
  9. 2.00 star(s)

Ducksssss

Seems promising at first, good art with an interesting style and concept, until you spend every day doing the same chores with the same slow progression, doing the same rng stat checks. I'd probably like it more if half the effort spend into making the great looking city were put into a better gameplay loop, competent menu design, and girls that don't look so similar.
  10. 5.00 star(s)

klklsaklaslklmsadl999

bit grindy but a completely unique game from an underrated author, wont find anything else like this around for a long time. lack in variation of body types in girls is all i really have a problem with
  11. 5.00 star(s)

toimprove

It's kinda like you watch a cool painting. Always finding new things. It's intresting, strange but cool. Gameplay is little grindy. You have to do bizzare jobs and that intresting too, if you are readindg dialogs. This game got achievments which is nice, but it gives you almost no rewards for them.
  12. 5.00 star(s)

Milelongsnake

I would give this game a try before counting it out. Compared to the majority of games on this site the art style is in-depth and unique, and the grind to unlock every scene is not bothersome. The controls take a moment to get use to, however, it is worth the effort.
  13. 3.00 star(s)

Crusader Richard

This one is ... I don't know. I was looking forward to playing it, and it's not a "bad" experience, but if I had to describe it using one word, it'd be: underwhelming. The artstyle is your average Hornblase game, which you either come to love or hate, I personally like it.

Now, there's a combination of stuff that makes this game underwhelming. First off, it's the clear lack of direction. I get that this is supposed to be a sandbox game, but dropping you off in a world without any clear indicator as what you can do next makes it a case of random wandering until you figure out stuff on your own, which can be a fun context if done right, but sadly, this one is not done right.
    Next one would be the controls. It's very weird. The main character is very ...floaty, and it makes it weird to interact with stuff. Would've been better if it supported mouse controls.

All in all, it's worth a try, you might like it if you get past the weird controls and the weird sandbox gameplay.
  14. 1.00 star(s)

Nkbs

Terrible the sound & controls, art? well.. at least for me it was.. good.. but not something that catches me so much.
    haven't played it a lot for that honestly.. i already knew i won't play it again or any other version related to this one.
  15. 2.00 star(s)

smirk

I'll give it a bonus star for originality... The artwork isn't bad I guess, but it is definitely an acquired taste. Where the game falls apart is in the "game" part. The controls are needlessly obtuse, the user interface is quite possibly the worst I have seen in any game, ever. Seriously. And the forced full-screen... What's the point of having a windowed mode option on the main menu if you're just switching back to fullscreen when the game starts anyway?

Gameplay is weird and confusing, you're a giant flying squid and it's hard to tell where your hitbox is and where you can move and what you can interact with. There might be a serviceable game underneath this trainwreck but I don't think I have the patience or fortitude to find out...
  16. 1.00 star(s)

Blumph

Horrible controls, and forced fullscreen; I can't get far enough into the game to determine if it's worth the effort.

This needs more characters; don't force fullscreen, don't ignore mouse inputs, and don't build half of an interface. This isn't 1886; we may not want to play using arcane keyboard controls and plastered all over a 32": monitor.