Ren'Py - Apocalust [v0.07] [Psychodelusional]

1. 2.00 star(s)

indrajaal1357

Demo Version:

The renders are brilliant and this has potential but the dev doesn't seem anywhere near releasing v0.1. I'm optimistic but I can only update this review to a different score if the dev ever releases further updates. Writing this to make new users aware of this situation.

To Dev:
    I really hope you figure out how to release this game. I'd love to see this grows into something great.
  2. 5.00 star(s)

left1000

Wow, these are some next level HD textures, the skin looks so much better than in other games I've seen.

I also really like the stylized text box that's barely opaque at all.

Although I do hope the full game will add back in the fast forward and save that the standard ren'py UI has.
  3. 5.00 star(s)

BlackZangetsu2020

The animation and models look top notch. The game has a lot of potential and really like the music (albeit might be a little loud sometimes lol). The writing seems fine in my opinion (you can not really judge from the demo, so that will have to be judged after a few releases). The only thing that needs adjusting is the text visibility. Minor issues in the game can always be worked on while also releasing and getting constant feedback from fans. I give it 5/5 for now
  4. 2.00 star(s)

Motoko Kusanagi

Can't even call this a demo it's more like a technical proof of concept

The animations are great, however that's about the only thing that's good in the entire "Demo". There is no way this is the result of 2 years of work.

The English is bad, No one talks the way these characters do , its robotic almost like it was poorly translated through Google.

As for the story, there cant possibly be one it's too cobbled together, feels too last minute to be anything other than a mom/milf/wife banger arc.

This does not warrant 5 stars, not by a longshot.
  5. 5.00 star(s)

N1c0c0t13r

Regarding this demo, it looks really promising, you're doing a great job. Models are so gorgeous, graphics and renders are amazing and the animations too.
    I'm waiting the next release, hope we won't have to wait too long.
    Once again, well done, keep doing this way and you will create a masterpiece
  6. 2.00 star(s)

botc76

I don't get the many 5-Star Reviews tbh.
    Yes the women look great, that was never going to be a problem.
    But it really is generous to even call this a demo.
    It's very short to say the least.
    All in all, the good ratings, especially in regard to the game's story are probably wishful thinking on the reviewers side.

There really isn't much of a story, there's no way to tell if this will be good or bad from that short glimpse.
    I loved Dark Neighborhood, but if this is all that the new game has to show for after about 2 years, that just fucking sucks.
  7. 5.00 star(s)

GAMEPLAY7

Short demo despite first release of it but i know how much effort this developer takes to give us high quality stuff that I can see here in this scene demo. But besides come the Milf, that got my attention also the render works on those characters. Looking forward to the next update and see what story lays on. Will see? ;)
  8. 1.00 star(s)

Onysko

Let's be honest, this isn't a demo. It's a trailer in VN form. There is no point for it being released as a VN.

Most ratings here give it 5/5 and only address the models and renders.
    Yeah the girls are gorgeous, but we've known that and seen them 2 years ago. If this is all there is to show for after 2 years, it's a borderline scam. It doesn't deserve any rating, as this was previewed a long time ago. In fact - the previous trailers have shown even more in terms of mechanics and story, so this is no less than a downgrade. In my opinion, this is outrageous and shouldn't be blindly encouraged like most reviews here do.
  9. 2.00 star(s)

rf96

I'm shocked by the number of people giving 5 stars to a (very short) demo. Some even say "story so far 9/10" (megalol).

Yes, graphics are very well done, but that's it. Almost two years of development for such a tiny demo is frankly ludicrous. Playing time is about 5 minutes (if you read the dialogues).
    There is no story, it's just a slideshow. I don't see anything original in the two scenes. It seems a classic incest game.

I remove 1 star for the lack of a settings menu that makes you endure a loud and bland music throughout the "game".

I may revise my judgment, but I'm disappointed.
  10. 5.00 star(s)

Bimbo_Bangings

SCENE DEMO [v0.0]
    No gameplay, just a teaser.
    And tease it does. Best v0.0 in the history of f95.
    The quality of the models, animations and scenes is over the god damn top.
    MetaHuman levels of over the top.
    UI also touched upon, looks beautiful.
    No more gray squares at the bottom of your screen.
    Overall 10/10

Keep your eyes peeled for this one. Follow the thread.
    With the story done right, this could be everyone's favorite new game.
  11. 5.00 star(s)

D0n J0n

A solid 5 stars
    Amazing Renders and Animations ( Maybe the best along side some other VNs )
    Good Music it really sits well with different scenes
    Everything looked really promising
    Hope dev gets the required funding to develop the game to the end
    Can't wait for 0.1 version
  12. 5.00 star(s)

Joeylasted

The characters look amazing, The interface seems to show alot of promise aswell.
    It might only be a Demo but the game seem to have everything starting with one of the better user interfaces, Just hope it'll have some great open world features. Genuinely excited to see what's next, The game seems like it'll definitely be one of the best games released in 2021
  13. 5.00 star(s)

Crispyking

In short: It's a demo right now, and as such it's almost flawless:

Pros:
    -) The models look gorgeous (especially if you are into full-breasted Milfs, that is)
    -) Almost everything is animated
    -) Renders and Interface look very appealing and professional
    -) ...as do sound and music

Minor cons:
    -) Fonts and background at times too similar in color
    -) Loops aren't always seamless
    -) No meaningful dialogue (yet)
    -) Story seems to aim for the same, old demon-super powered narrative

Since I consider this to be little more than a tech-demo, I don't care much about the lack of any story or captivating dialogue. It is however the strengths of this demo that keep me worrying... but why, WHY would I say such a thing?!

Well most of the work for this demo clearly has been outsourced. This demo and some trailers took about 2 years of development and 24.000$ (that's my best guess, since Psychodelusional made on average about 1.000 bucks per month on Patreon). I'm afraid that the very high production values of this game will make it's development prohibitively slow and expensive, eventually grinding it to a halt.

To me this demo has all the hallmarks of a perfectionist's work, who's at risk to bite off more than he can chew, so I'm not really getting my hopes too high up.

Frankly I'd much rather prefer a simple VN with these nice models, a new, fun and refreshing story, plenty of Psychodelusional's unique sense of humor, and monthly updates. As it stands right now, be prepared to get a beautiful, fully animated update every 6 months or so, until the dev gets bored, frustrated or decides to keep more of the money for himself.

But maybe I'm just too pessimistic, and Psychodelusional really is the new NLT. As it stands right now at least, this short demo looks absolutely stunning.
  14. 5.00 star(s)

Deleted member 3024206

Yes, it is still just a demo, so there's about 5 minutes of game in here. But holy shit, this are certainly the best animations I've seen here. The short story shown so far is also quite interesting and overall this game shows a ton of promising. Really looking forward for further releases.
  15. 5.00 star(s)

Derp Network

Demo Review.

Would like to see more for certain, nice interections and animations, plus a sandbox wouldn't hurt, this could be one of the best games. Nice Preview as well at the end of the demo, not much else to say other then keep up the good work.
  16. 5.00 star(s)

Dickwadd

short but really sweeeet! I was hoping all the girls are there for the demo but the images below seem to have more scenes that the demo itself. still good, though. i cannot wait for the non-demo version.
  17. 3.00 star(s)

PRINCE2126

I love the design of the game and based on his last games I believe it will be fun and interesting. as well as the dev has said the game will most likely not have NTR (cuckold ) in the game because he doesn't like it so that's a positive for me .
    some pros and cons
    pros
    good design / graphics
    good start to the game
    intriguing story
    and vast amount of women
    cons
    took 2 years for demo
    women are a bit whorish
    all women have big boobs would have liked more variety
  18. 5.00 star(s)

Chope5438

I have to say that I am speechless. quality of videos, images, music, the whole thing.... just amazing. only thing that bothers me is that with such a quality will take ages to do any updates. hopefully I am wrong, and if I am, I will deffo support dev.
  19. 5.00 star(s)

leonel1993

This demo was a great preview, the girls were amazing. It let me wondering about the awesome scenes that goint be in the game. The bubble of the b**ty was on point and man, a hotdogging between those would be much glad to see
  20. 5.00 star(s)

Bruno de Montdragon

I really liked this demo. The girls look great (although a bit caricatured in terms of measurements...) and I love that they are all animated (it makes the atmosphere of the game more realistic). In short, I'm going to wait for the sequel with a lot of hope and impatience.