ttyrke

Game Developer
Jun 10, 2017
I think the html file isn't 'server re-encoded' [ie, doesn't change directly/paths, or add online only code]

So you can simply download the online htm (html) and simply add it to your offline verions directory [to the folder with the og .html]

I compared the 42 and 42a htm(l)s, and it only has 16 edits, all appear to be fixes.

Cheers.
Yes. You can actually open official site -> save as and put file in the game folder.

Reactions: McLOVINu

jamiehmcw91

Engaged Member
May 28, 2021
Any way to add more guess rooms? I have too many girls with 100 relationship points in the basement?
Also when can you have the small houses and electricity on the gates ect

McLOVINu

Mar 18, 2018
Any simple way to make the 2 slaves/guests from this passage, sisters?

<tw-passagedata pid="186" name="Explore event: The Enslaved Settlement" tags="" position="6653,17" size="100,100">

I've tried giving them "name", "id" "family, like so:
Code:
                            $tmpGirl.name = &#39;Nameone&#39;,
                            $tmpGirl.id = &#39;nameone&#39;,
                            $tmpGirl.family = {
                                sister: [&#39;nametwo&#39;]
                            }

and vice verca for the 2nd tmpGirl to reflect the 1st tmpgirl

$tmpGirl.name = &#39;Nametwo&#39;,
                            $tmpGirl.id = &#39;nametwo&#39;,
                            $tmpGirl.family = {
                                sister: [&#39;nameone&#39;]
                            }

I also tried simply removing the [ ] from the family part, gives no errors both ways, however, their names don't show up when I click/hover the icon on their screen that should show their family members.
I'm thinking I need to set defaults for them, similar to how Vincent/Blair have stuff set at the top of the html.

edit: some test edits, did throw up error: nameone or nametwo not identified. seems like the 'family' mechanic isn't too well developed

Last edited:

McLOVINu

Mar 18, 2018
I saw there are many good prior suggestions:
+1 water management
+? waste management [seems like a headache]
+? food management [spoilage, frigeration, etc.]
+1 seasons [and what it affects]
+1 all around combat/gear rework. [sorry, but there would be TONS of guns still around after only 15 years]
+1 more searchable locations/buildings [again, 15 years isn't enough for most buildings to decay, and depends on how close to blastzone]

I'd like to add:
Suggestion 1:
Alternative/Custom start:
Who entered the bunker with you [customizable, could be relatives, friends, strangers, etc. X max though, not much supplies]
Who exited the bunker with you [customizable, can be more or less of who entered, such as death or births]
Did they stay with MC or leave after exiting bunker [customizable]
^if stays with mc, cabin start they would stay in 'your room' with MC.

Suggestion 2:
Would like a '3rd' system, complimentary to 'Guest house' and 'Basement', that would have 'Your room' act similar.
At the very start those that join MC, will have to sleep/crowd into 'your room'

Suggestion 2 follow-up:
I don't know how many things affect happiness, but:
'basement' = various % happiness loss or gains [based on factors]
'guest house' = various % happiness loss or gains [based on factors]
'your room' = various % happiness loss or gains [based on factors]

ps. how far did MC travel away from the bunker? 15 years worth of food and water for 2 people would take up a good amount of space [not to mention the co2 scrubbers and oxygen supply, and waste management]. And I can see MC still using the bunker, for something, if he is still close enough.

BobZilla84

Jul 18, 2024
Can anyone tell who the actresses for Eve & Dr. Laura are?I know Blair is Blair Williams,Isabel is Anissa Kate & Octavia is Bonnie Rotten.

Last edited:

BobZilla84

Jul 18, 2024
Also is the max Energy you can get 140 that’s the most I’ve been able to get with Training/Crackhead?How many times can you buy from the crackhead anyways I was able to buy 4 times and he’s not showing up again.

Last edited:

ttyrke

Game Developer
Jun 10, 2017
Also is the max Energy you can get 140 that’s the most I’ve been able to get with Training/Crackhead?How many times can you buy from the crackhead anyways I was able to buy 4 times and he’s not showing up again.
140 is max

GamerDaddy

Feb 6, 2023
I don't have any prostitutes working the streets for me. Do I need girls or can I pimp the guys?
i think there is a modded version of the html file somewhere in this thread that will let you pimp the males but idk if they have updated it to this version yet

Reactions: surfpup

5mithers

Aug 3, 2019
OK, dumb continuity question:

Doing the Octavia quest and this line shows up:
" The central room where Rylan had been directing his men is empty... "

This is quite literally the only instance of this name showing up. How did we know this name? Or discover this is the person directing the Blackthorn group?

Code:
/Apocalyptic World 0.42$ grep -i Rylan index.html
The central room where Rylan had been directing his men is empty, the chaos of their departure evident in the scattered supplies and overturned furniture. You and Octavia exchange glances, both of you puzzled by the sudden turn of events.

Reactions: ttyrke

ttyrke

Game Developer
Jun 10, 2017
OK, dumb continuity question:

Doing the Octavia quest and this line shows up:
" The central room where Rylan had been directing his men is empty... "

This is quite literally the only instance of this name showing up. How did we know this name? Or discover this is the person directing the Blackthorn group?

Code:
/Apocalyptic World 0.42$ grep -i Rylan index.html
The central room where Rylan had been directing his men is empty, the chaos of their departure evident in the scattered supplies and overturned furniture. You and Octavia exchange glances, both of you puzzled by the sudden turn of events.
Bug

Reactions: 5mithers

Quickpawmaud

Jul 4, 2019
Working in the streets is still way too dangerous. I cheated in 15 slaves and put them all on the streets and all of them are dead within 20 days. You also make less than 1 cap a day per girl since they don't always make money and when they do it is only 2 or 3 caps.

3.50 star(s) 34 Votes