Daz Are all premade scenes full of giant objects so to delete stuff you don't need you have to geometry editor? {daz3d}

left1000

Sep 13, 2020
Are all premade scenes full of giant objects like a single object that's actually 20 tables and 20 chairs and another single object that's every single floor, and another object that's like all the exterior walls?

Or is that just FG aka fugazi1968 's work? I guess maybe there's a ton of FG scene premades because FG makes them hastily?

Does this mean there's some scene premade assets out there that are like better? With selectable objects to delete? Oh and I found out that FG pizzeria has booths meant to seat two people that are one polygon wide. Kind of ruined my day. Deleting half a scene slowly with geometry editor isn't fun. And neither is trying to learn how to do sitting butt impressions in a scene where literally every chair doesn't support it, whoopsie.

TL;DR anyone recommend some premade scenes? I don't need them to be "ready to render" nonsense, but if I'm not hitting render in 1 second, well, it'd be nice if I could actually delete the left wall, then delete the kitchen, then delete half the chairs, then delete half the tables, all in just a few clicks.

I'm on f95, so price doesn't really matter, but it takes a long time trying to make a premade scene work, until you come to the realisation that you might've been better off starting with a blank canvas.

Saki_Sliz

May 3, 2018
uh... are you talking about daz assets? Or unity assets? 2D tiles sets? 'pre made scenes' in what 'program?' Excel?

regardless, in most cases if you able to interact with individual objects (ie click on them and move them around in a 3D/2D world), then the scene either depends on technical limitations, or the artist's work flow. For example, many assets are one giant objects to minimize their data size, allowing for more assets or faster renders. This is more common with Unity assets, or any assets going into a 3D game. I have found that many Daz scenes are also like this, only really broken into a few parts, like grass is seprate from the ground, but the building and ground are all one mesh. If you want scenes that you can manipulate, look for modular scenes, that are designed so that they are made out of building blocks that you can move around.

Egglock

Oct 17, 2017
Are all premade scenes full of giant objects like a single object that's actually 20 tables and 20 chairs and another single object that's every single floor, and another object that's like all the exterior walls?
If I'm to understand what you're asking, you are trying to delete certain objects from the scene correct? If that's the case continue reading. Otherwise I'm not sure as to what you're asking.

If you're looking to delete items from pre-made scenes, you can as long as it's not a single object. What I mean by a single object is if you can't expand the parent object (check the 2nd img). The example I'm going to use is the Candy Store from FG. Using the Preload preset it'll come loaded with the selection locked. Refer to the "Scene" tab.

Ex01.PNG

The blue underline, make sure that there isn't the x next to that arrow, this can be done by clicking on it. After doing so, it'll turn into a check mark, indicating that you can now select the objects. To the right of that, the arrow, clicking on that will expand and show all the objects that are children objects of the parent object, in this case "FG Small Candy Shop" is the parent object, and everything below that are it's children object.

Here are some of the objects after expanding.
Ex02.PNG

Here is that wall that was seletected from above, and moved.
Ex03.PNG

You can pretty much do whatever you want at this point. You don't have to select them from the Scene tab, you can also do it in the viewport.

left1000

Sep 13, 2020
" as long as it's not a single object." That's what I meant by "giant single object." This is the problem with many of the FG premade scenes. Two of the FG restaurant's I've checked so far have had a single object contain ALL booths and tables. Or something else that seems foolish like all the floors or all the walls.

So yeah, what you're saying would work. If it was possible. But it seems like it's very often, just not possible.

Although the only one's I've tested so far are from 2020. So maybe the ones from 2021/2022 are better and have more options to do so you suggest.

left1000

Sep 13, 2020
uh... are you talking about daz assets? Or unity assets? 2D tiles sets? 'pre made scenes' in what 'program?' Excel?

regardless, in most cases if you able to interact with individual objects (ie click on them and move them around in a 3D/2D world), then the scene either depends on technical limitations, or the artist's work flow. For example, many assets are one giant objects to minimize their data size, allowing for more assets or faster renders. This is more common with Unity assets, or any assets going into a 3D game. I have found that many Daz scenes are also like this, only really broken into a few parts, like grass is seprate from the ground, but the building and ground are all one mesh. If you want scenes that you can manipulate, look for modular scenes, that are designed so that they are made out of building blocks that you can move around.
Sorry I thought I tagged this thread daz3d, I must not have done it correctly.

Yeah a modular scene sounds quite nice. I'm just having bad luck with random scenes I load up, ending up not being modular. (Exactly like you said, the buiding is just all one object). The problem is it's hard to tell from the store page, because well, the store description pages are about as clear as mud. I think rather than trying to find a scene for an activity I want. I should just find a scene that's well made, looks good, is modular, has proper things like rigged doors and such. Then try to think of a render that would make it useful. hmm.

Last edited:
Reactions: Saki_Sliz

JakaiD

Dec 26, 2018
I feel you. It is so annoying when something looks all shiny in screenshots but when it comes to the technicaly part it is badly put together and almost useless without a lot of extra effort. At least on stores like Unity's there are review sections to catch these kind of problems. Daz could do with adding the ability to leave a review or comment on assets.

Egglock

Oct 17, 2017
Can you list the products you used, so I can do further testing? As far as I'm aware, having an object as the parent with children objects isn't a bad idea or work flow, since you can move everything at once if you need to. The problem comes when that single object doesn't have any children objects. At that point you're SOL and would have to take it into an external program like Blender to seperate them out.

But if you're looking to delete unwanted objects or duplicate them, just make sure the selection button in the Scene tab isn't locked, click whatever object in the scene you don't want and delete them.

left1000

Sep 13, 2020
Can you list the products you used, so I can do further testing? As far as I'm aware, having an object as the parent with children objects isn't a bad idea or work flow, since you can move everything at once if you need to. The problem comes when that single object doesn't have any children objects. At that point you're SOL and would have to take it into an external program like Blender to seperate them out.

But if you're looking to delete unwanted objects or duplicate them, just make sure the selection button in the Scene tab isn't locked, click whatever object in the scene you don't want and delete them.
I'm aware of this. The scenes don't work like that. The premade environment is a parent. But some of the children are literally a single object which contains like 20 tables and 40 chairs, all 60 objects in a single object no children.

Also no blender needed. Daz3d has geometry editor where I can delete polygons. It's just a giant pain to delete polygons when a competently made scene wouldn't ask me to.

Extremely bad scene in this regard, FG pizzeria, still quite bad scene in this regard FG fast food, not nearly as bad but still annoying in this regard scenes like modern sleek home or al sharqia courtyard.

The thing is, LITERALLY EVERY SINGLE premade indoor environment I've loaded has had this problem. All of them. That's why I made this thread, I'm requesting a recommendation for a scene that does not have this problem. Apparently most premade scenes suffer this problem.

I will say though for example. IMO, https://f95zone.to/threads/new-york-tenements.68040/ is actually pretty well made in this regard with lots of objects to easily delete. BUT only as an outdoor environment. I'm still on the hunt for well made indoor environments with premade scenes that contain lots of objects. Scenes that work like egglock is describing. Yes know I know what a child object is. I know how to twirl down children. It's just that many assets don't allow this because of how they're put together.

Last edited:

jamdan

Forum Fanatic
Sep 28, 2018
Usually individual props are listed separately in the product description. (click the spoiler tab in the OP)

Like in this: https://f95zone.to/threads/fg-japanese-style-room.144436/

Could be possible that some of this stuff are instances too, like the tables and chairs you mentioned. Basically, you have the real prop and the rest are copies of that object. This saves memory.

Looking at the pizzeria you mentioned: https://f95zone.to/threads/fg-pizzeria.51355/

The tables & chars aren't listed in the props section, but "FG Table Set" is there instead.

left1000

Sep 13, 2020
This asset pack, comes with a premade scene, with objects ALL, every object is an object, children of children of children, click something delete it, or click it's parent/child same thing.

The actual asset's aren't amazing the seats are super low polygon (7 or so polygons wide) so seat deformation will be minimal unless I bring in another seat object from another pack.

BUT I can delete anything I want in a second and EVERYTHING I want to delete in only a few clicks. So this is an example of the sort of scene pack I'm looking for recommendations on, or a list of, or anyone's favorites, this one's features (found it on another piracy website.)

To be clear, other scene packs I've opened DO NOT work like this. They're just a couple giant objects with everything merged into a single object.

EDIT: This one has tons of individual objects, easy to delete, not proper parenting system for faster deleting like the 60's diner, but at least fast deleting of the many individual objects is easy, and with seats being individual objects I can deform them with smoothing without having to delete them and replace them with a single seat prop.

TLDR: FG products just suck, that's why there are 50 of them, they're less carefully made than the competition I guess. So, some indoor environment producers suck and some don't suck. There's not much way for me to tell without checking each one myself (unless anyone reading this has a favorite or two to recommend to me.)

edit2: not to unfairly malign FG the producer, the FG products I've loaded so far are older, so maybe the newest FG products are improved in this regard. I can't have checked thoroughly every environment on earth in only one day :D

Last edited:

coffeeaddicted

Apr 13, 2021

Or is that just FG aka fugazi1968 's work? I guess maybe there's a ton of FG scene premades because FG makes them hastily?

Does this mean there's some scene premade assets out there that are like better? With selectable objects to delete? Oh and I found out that FG pizzeria has booths meant to seat two people that are one polygon wide. Kind of ruined my day. Deleting half a scene slowly with geometry editor isn't fun. And neither is trying to learn how to do sitting butt impressions in a scene where literally every chair doesn't support it, whoopsie.

TL;DR anyone recommend some premade scenes? I don't need them to be "ready to render" nonsense, but if I'm not hitting render in 1 second, well, it'd be nice if I could actually delete the left wall, then delete the kitchen, then delete half the chairs, then delete half the tables, all in just a few clicks.

I'm on f95, so price doesn't really matter, but it takes a long time trying to make a premade scene work, until you come to the realisation that you might've been better off starting with a blank canvas.
Personally, if you can create your own assets, this is the way to go.

There are some assets where everything can taken be apart. For example Euro Apartment.
Others are more backed in a sense. One piece and thats it.

But it really depends what you after for your project. The best way to do it, is to try out what you may like.

Reactions: left1000

MidnightArrow

Aug 22, 2021
Red Crow Inn is probably the best example of "everything is a detached prop". But using it, you realize quickly why it's not a very good idea.

Iirc Fugazi/Ironman13 use Blender for their assets, and after a bit of experience with Blender's UI you'll wonder how you ever put up with Daz Studio's shit. It's much easier on your sanity to use Blender's tools to put props around the scene than wasting your time doing it in fucking useless-ass Daz Studio like Roguey/Strangefate. Just export to Blender, make your adjustments, and import back into Daz and reapply the materials.

As baby's first DCC, Daz is only good at throwing together premade assets. If you want to customize them then you need to use another program, because it is beyond awful for that.

Last edited:
Reactions: left1000

Deleted member 1121028

Dec 28, 2018
Sometime I feel I get old.

How someone who has nothing to share outside his lastest crappy Blender spagetthi nodes - for the better or the worse - can even think for a second he had a foot in a nearly clean asset, a quite amazing balance between photogrammetry and casual painting job, and a good layout in Daz3D context? How even we jump there, by what metrics lmao?

This is somewhat so hilarous. What a time to be alive \o/

Reactions: Fatalmasterpiece

Egglock

Oct 17, 2017
Gotcha, ran into the problem you were talking about. The Booth Set from the pizziera is what you were talking about. I'd say you're pretty much SOL in that case. Either you go through the tedious process of geo editing out the stuff you don't need and save them out as individual objects, or export them to a 3D software of your choosing and do the editing there.

left1000

Sep 13, 2020
Gotcha, ran into the problem you were talking about. The Booth Set from the pizziera is what you were talking about. I'd say you're pretty much SOL in that case. Either you go through the tedious process of geo editing out the stuff you don't need and save them out as individual objects, or export them to a 3D software of your choosing and do the editing there.
Yeah, FG Fast Food (not "FG fast food chain") has the same problem. And I'm aware the fix is geometry editing. But the "real" fix is to just ignore those asset packs as they're lame and choose another better one. Right now I'm using DTD diner which is pretty great. And in this thread someone recommended euro apartments so maybe I'll check that one out next.

It would be nice if the daz3d store had a review system so the best packs got upvoted and the worst ones downvoted.

Maybe it's just bad luck that the first two of two premade interior environments I loaded were crap, and maybe 90% of them are great. I wouldn't know. Striking out my first two times trying premade interiors is why I made the thread :D

Egglock

Oct 17, 2017
To some degree I agree that the choices the product artist made aren't the smartest, as people would want to place those objects to fit their creative choice. Just saying there are options if you land on some assets that you like and want to reuse them in a manner that fits your creative idea.

coffeeaddicted

Apr 13, 2021
For some reason i always end up with Poser assets. Wonder why they are no new ones. hehe..

Anyway, i came across this very... aeh.. stimulating asset that i thought i could perhaps use.
But it turns out you can't get rid of the smiley face. Such a let-down.
Teh Neon Bar
So this disqualifies this asset already. Not sure if i you can change it in Blender. I tried but failed.

So now i will try my luck with a poser asset which looks quite nice as well. At least you can hide them perhaps there.
Purple Orchid Nightclub

To build something like that from the ground up is really a difficult thing to do. It's like reinventing the same thing.
So i have to check this other one out.
And no, i am not using the geometry editor. Too complicated.... i am lazy. I will look with Blender in to it. When i figure out how it can be done.

MidnightArrow

Aug 22, 2021
It depends on how the model was created, but the easiest way to get rid of unwanted meshes is select one vertex and then flood-select all geometry linked to it by edges/faces. You can do that in Daz's geometry editor but it's buried somewhere in the right-click menu. In Blender you hover your mouse over it and press L. If it's just one or two things then it's probably quicker to do it in Daz even though its UI sucks. But the more geometry you need to edit the more time you save with Blender in the long run. Also if you need to edit the wall geometry behind the smiley face or its textures/UVs, obviously you need Blender anyway.

Reactions: coffeeaddicted

coffeeaddicted

Apr 13, 2021
Yes, i assume so.
I will try my luck. In the meantime i just use the other asset. Just for fun.
Kind of wished the smiley face were just an asset really but ok. It is what it is.